Star Kidz Amico Portacot

Star Kidz Amico Portacot

See the Best Portacots in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Star Kidz

Pros

• Great size for travel and storage

• Simple to set up

• Durable design

• Ease of Assembly
  • Safety

Lanz
LanzSydney, NSW

Great product

It is smaller than your average sized portacots my son is bigger than average I was abit worried but so far so good. We only use it for him to sleep in. Lightweight and It was very easy to put together to pack it away you will need to detached the legs. I like how it has a zipper on one of the sides makes it easier for my mother in law to get my son in or out of the cot. Mattress it came with is not much comfort and is thin so I’ve added extra padding for my sons comfort.
Delivery was super quick From Nanny Annie

Purchased in September 2021 at Nanny Annie Online store.

Caitlin M.
Caitlin M.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent portacot

Purchased in June 2021 at Nanny Annie Online store.

Lisa
Lisa

Lightweight, simple to set up and side zip

Love this portacot. I was tossing up between this one and the Baby Bjorn, and I'm so glad I got this one after borrowing my sister's Baby Bjorn for a week. The side pocket makes all the difference with a grizzly baby that is hard to settle, and much nicer on the back! This cot is very light, and easy to set up.

Purchased in July 2021.

Carla
CarlaSydney, NSW

Star kidz amico portacot

I love this portacot mostly because of the side access point. It’s so much easier on my back not having to bend over to pick or put down my baby. It’s so much nicer to be able to sit on the ground and pat his bum for him to go to sleep. The portacot is also very easy to assemble and light weighted. Would 100% recommend!

Purchased in July 2021 for $182.00.

EcT
EcTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The best portable cot going round!

I am so so happy that I found this cot mentioned in another review and it put me onto the nannie annie website. Cot is so super light and perfect for my little boy. Great quality and nice and compact and easy to setup. Plus the mattress is nice and thick and comfy, plus comes with a fitted sheet, added bonus. Would definitely recommend! Price was also amazing when compared to competitors at two or three times the price! Shipping was perfect, received within a couple of days after making the online order. Happy customer indeed

Purchased in May 2021 at Nanny Annie for $169.00.

Quigs
Quigs Sydney, NSW

Lite & easy

After research we found that this cot is very similar to the baby Bjorn one but half the price! This cot is very light and easy to assemble. Great service and fast delivery by nannie Annie

Purchased in April 2021 at Nanny Annie Online store for $169.00.

MRR
MRRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome travel cot

So easy to set up and get in and out of storage. Was very impressed with the mattress, how it all folds away (that dreaded feeling of getting it back in the bag didn't occur!) and how it also came with a mattress cover! Very much looking forward to taking it away on holiday with us. Highly recommend!

Purchased in March 2021 at Nanny Annie for $189.00.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020

Best travel cot

It’s comfortable and light weight without being flimsy like other light travel cots. We researched a lot before making the purchase. It’s exactly what we’ve expected. Will recommend it to anyone.

Purchased in March 2021 for $169.00.

Hong
HongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just what we needed!

Easy to set up, and perfect size for travelling and storing away. Our little one took to it and slept well in it on her first night. Would definitely recommend this and its much cheaper than the baby bjorn one which looks almost identical!

Purchased in January 2021.

Julierose
Julierose

Perfect travel cot

Super easy to set up and pack away. Tabs securing the mattress in place underneath base are a tremendous safety feature. Looking forward to grandchild giving it a test sleep.

Purchased in January 2021 at Nanny Annie Online store for $169.00.

Esther
Esther

Excellent Value for Quality Product

I had wanted to buy the Baby Bjorn one but it seems that this one is a similar product (lighter in fact!) at a fraction of the BB's cost. It's lightweight, sturdy and easy to assemble. I love how there're extra security features of the mattress, where you hook the mattress to the base of the cot. The only thing I'd change is get a much thicker mattress, just because my bub is used to a thick one. However, you don't have to, as you can easily place thick bath towels under the mattress to make it more comfy. If you're undecided in getting this, I'd say, buy it! You won't regret it.

Purchased in January 2021 at Nanny Annie Online store for $169.00.

Michelle M.
Michelle M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value for money

I recently brought this portacot and was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered. The mattress was soft, the side zip is so convenient to get bub in and out, it’s so easy to set up and light to carry around. I was comparing it against similar models from other brands which were double the price of this and I’m so glad I went with this portacot instead.

Purchased in December 2020.

Ease of Assembly

Paula P.
Paula P.Sydney, NSW

Great value, comfortable cot

We had borrowed a babybjorn from a friend for a while so our baby was used to that. Didn't want to pay that much when it came to buying our own but stumbled across this one that looked similar. Easy to carry bag and lightweight. Easy to assemble. Comfy and thick mattress which was our main positive. Looks stylish, good size. My baby is a tall 1 year old and she had lots of room.

Purchased in December 2020 at Nanny Annie for $170.00.

K Noble
K NobleNew South Wales

Lightweight and easy portacot

Perfect for travelling, light weight and compact portacot, easy to put up. Love the zip opening for side access, makes it much easier to settle bub in the cot and not having to bend right down to get her in and out. Ordered this from Nanny Annie, came quickly and no issues with the order and delivery.
I saw another review before I purchased saying these are made in Australia - just wanted to add that Nanny Annie is an Australian company but the cot itself is manufactured in China.

Purchased in November 2020 for $159.00.

Ease of Assembly
Safety

Laura K
Laura KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Value

I received my Portacot the other day and was very excited to set it up. I found it very easy to put together as well as to disassemble and pack away in the bag. I love how light it is to carry yet felt very sturdy. My son is yet to use it yet but I have no doubt he will love it. I bought the Star Kidz Bassinet from Nanny Annie for my son back in May and have been so happy with the product and the quick timeliness of the delivery that I was more than willing to buy another Star Kidz product from Nanny Annie. I cannot fault the service from Nanny Annie. It has been great.

Purchased in December 2020 for $159.00.

Pete_Repeatasked

So after reading the choice report on portacots, I'm assuming the mattress is likely of question for safety and suffocation. Judging by one review saying it's "NOT thin and stiff like some of the more expensive ones", I suspect they have made it soft for comfort rather than safety. Also I suspect putting things under it to make it flat will also increase the chance of suffocation.

Star Kidz
Jess P.Star Kidz

The Star Kidz Amico mattress is a foam mattress with a thickness of 4.5cm, so it's a soft, comfy and yet sturdy mattress. It also has a board back support included at the bottom of the mattress.

The mattress is equipped with velcro straps to secure it to four bottom corners of the Portacot, making Amico travel cot a safe sleeping solution. We always recommend to position the Portacot on a flat surface and use the provided mattress provided for safety reasons.

Pete_Repeat

So does the mattress meet AS/NZS 2195:2010. Specifically the 2010 version, not the 1999 version.

Pete_Repeat

It seems it does. Do you have any comments on the choice report which showed a lot of concerns with nearly all these portacots? This has raised concerns for me. Happy to do that via email if you prefer.

Get an answer from our members and Star Kidz representatives

Features:

• The Star Kidz Amico Portacot is suitable for babies and children from ages 0 through to 3, and has a maximum load weight of 13kgs - so you can use it until whichever comes first.
  • Safety is paramount with this travel cot, as it meets Australian/New Zealand Safety Standard AS/NZS 2195: 2010 - this updated standard meets the requirements of the 1999 standard with the extra voluntary 2010 standard of having breathable fabrics in the cot.
  • The portacot has mesh sides, making it fully ventilated so your baby can breathe.
  • It has a zip open side so you can easily put your child to bed and let them out without straining your back.
  • Included with the cot is a large padded mattress base and a fitted cotton sheet - a mattress and a sheet made to fit the cot is not only easier to set up and carry around, but poses less of a suffocation risk than parts not specially designed for the cot. This model has tabs that secure the mattress in place underneath the base, giving it an added layer of safety.
  • The cot is made from OEKO-textiles and are free from harmful substances, so you can be rest assured that your child is having a safe, hygienic sleep.
  • In its carry bag, the portacot weighs just under 5.2kg, making it simple to transport around.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the portacot was lightweight and the perfect size for travelling and storing away.
  • They also appreciated how easy it was to set up.
  • The firm, sturdy frame was also praised, with reviewers stating that the cot was quite durable.