Star Plus Group
See the Best Home Improvement in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Star Plus Group

4.5
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Rex Bound
Rex BoundMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t use this company

Don’t use this company, they quote you $50 call out, when the guy arrive he wants $295 just to carry out a diagnostic inspection, then after half an hour quotes you a $1000 to fix the problem.
If you don’t fall for it it’s cost you $295 for nothing and then leaves without even leaving a worksheet or invoice.
I got a local electrician to fix the job, he was here 2 hours and it cost me $350, don’t use the StarGroup they just rip you off and leave, not happy old age pensioner .

Lisa
LisaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exorbitant charging

Greenacres SA Star Plus - Happy to pay after hours fee(just after hours), Not $517.56 labour charge for 34mins work. Found out retail part price, deducted from invoice as not itemised.

paulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed - AVOID

paul

Tried contacting them for two weeks and never received a response. AVOID

Hi Rachel.
Thank you for your time to look into this, it is greatly appreciated. Is there an email address I can send you the invoice no. and other relevant detail prior to the call?
Best regards
Paul

Anna Chrisohoidis
Anna ChrisohoidisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The electrician was rude and arrogant. Floor manager useless. Prices ridiculous.

Would never ever use or recommend them again. Needed an electrical job done urgently so we called them which was our mistake. The electrician was so very rude and arrogant and should we not have need the job done so urgently we would have kicked him off our property in a heart beat. Also when we called SA Power they were irate as he was meant to call and explain what he had done so we had to follow him up on this. USELESS!!!!!!!!!! Then when we called to lodge a complaint and question the price which was $900 for a 1 hour rewire in the electrical box (no climbing in the roof or ladders just standing and cutting/joining) the floor manager was just as useless. Do yourself a favour and avoid them unless you have money to throw away.

George E.
George E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dishonest and exploitative

To keep it brief I was essentially charged $1100 for a job which involved $250 worth of raw material and 90 minutes of labour. They changed six circuit breakers on my switchboard but provided a very poor explanation of why this was required. I notice another review on this website had a very similar experience to mine so I am worried this is a systemic issue and planned exploitation of people in emergencies with little knowledge of reasonable prices for electrical work.

I would recommend anyone and everyone to avoid using this company in future. There seems to be a theme of similar experiences on this review website.

Mich
MichMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor workmanship

Had a TV put on the wall on a decent bracket. TV and bracket have fallen off. Also had a light fixed to the bricks outside which is half hanging off.

Jaime
JaimeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dishonest business

Shaun
ShaunMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Skeptical of the attending electricians willingness to find the issue over costly repair.

Terry S.
Terry S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overly expensive

My A/C stopped working, called Star Plus, guy came over. He obviously wasn't an aircon expert, his solution was to replace the chip board and motor as he couldn't tell where the problem was. Quoted $1,400 for parts (not including labour), and I was obliged to pay a $220 call out fee. After he left I called an aircon specialist who came out and fixed the problem in twenty minutes, total cost $260.

GemmaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don’t trust this company

Quoted $2,000 to re-gas air conditioner. Paid $500 as deposit. On reflection and family advice I cancelled the work the next morning and requested refund of $500. I was told a fairy tale about gas being specially purchased for my job and can’t be used anywhere else. And they say their vans are fully equipped. I was also told a story about signing a contract and the fine print. I was never asked to sign a contract, I never saw any contract. I used another company to re-gas the air conditioner and was charged $536 in total. The technician was horrified at Star Plus Group actions. The Star Group have refused to refund my money. Their response to my request for a refund was aggressive and threatening. Not happy Jan.

Gemma

So far the only response from Star Plus has been to threaten to sue me. They will not answer any emails, etc. Common decency would be to at least discuss the matter with me. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY.

John
JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Be Warned - Stay Away

WARNING - STAY AWAY

I was charged $298 for a 25uF capacitor for a Brivis L53 evaporative cooler, after being charged $200 for a 5 minute diagnosis. I later found the Brivis OEM capacitor for $19.25 inc GST retail.

The replacement of capacitor was under 10 minutes work. I asked the company to respond and no reply. I feel cheated and somewhat embarrassed that I was ripped off this much ($500 for replacing a capacitor) . This company has no morals. I wish I could give it a negative star rating. Disgusting behavior.
DO NOT consider using this thieving business, you will regret it!.

Rates and Fees
tomo
tomoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy

I wanted a ducted air conditioner service I explained it was working but not as good as it use to.
They send someone to do the service and he said that compressor was losing cycles and temperature change. So he need to send someone to do a fault find, when the guy came out he could not find anything wrong with the air conditioner the only problem was it is located to close to the fence. So this costed me $400 to tell me nothing is wrong with the unit. Why couldn't the first guy see this was a problem.

Mr T.
Mr T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do Not Use This Company for Any Evap/Air Con repairs.

Helena
HelenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such scam never use them again

Charged $440 just to put in a GPO. The electrician claimed it took him over 2 hours. The truth is he started charging 30 minutes before he even arrived! Then charged an extra 20 minutes working time to sit in his van. Refused my mother-in-law (who was house sitting) to pay card and forced her to pay cash. Probably because he knew we were going to complain. When we received the receipt afterwards and asked to correct the over charged time the customer service guy abused me on the phone, refused to disclose his name and then hung up. Would never use them again.

Eric

Something very wrong here.