Ant

AntGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a bad look!

So...Resimac (ASX:RMC) have decided to cease new loan business for State Custodians. Meanwhile, as others have posted Homeloans.com.au have been started to get the new loan market leaving existing State Custodian customers to wither on the line as a cash cow for the greater business.

Really these warnings should be placed where Homeloans.com.au customers would read as they will be unaware of the ethical embarrassment they are signing up to.

To be caught up in what I consider an immoral business decision is disappointing. As the loser it’s frustrating.

This decision goes beyond the usual “funding costs” explanation. It’s segmentation and profit maximisation.

Jo.

Jo.Perth, WA

State custodians does not value loyal customers

On 4 March 2020, the RBA reduced the cash rate by 0.25 and this was duly passed on. But they refused to pass on to variable rate customers the reduction done by RBA of 0.25 on 20/03/20 and 0.15 on 4/11/20. This is a total of 0.4 not passed on to variable interest rate customers. Instead they are offering us to fix our loans like it is a better option in the current situation. We all live in the same world that has financial issues for the moment. Be fair in your dealings and kindly pass on the savings to your variable interest rate customers. That is the whole idea of a variable rate to move with the trend of the RBA.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017
Ayush

Ayush

Great customer service and streamlined process

It has been a great pleasure to collaborate with State Custodians again. Maryam has been great to liaise with making the refinancing process seamless. State Custodians definitely have competitive products.

Shannon K.

Shannon K.South East Queensland, QLD

Such a pleasure to deal with!

We have been going through the process to refinance with State Custodians from CUA. I never thought I'd say this about a financial institution, but wow the customer service and response times are top notch! Maryam has been our go-to representative and has ensured the process was as smooth as possible, even though CUA tried to make it difficult. At this point, couldn't recommend these guys more highly!

Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Eric

EricMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great experience, simple process

Justin was great to work with, really made things simple and was easy to get in touch with. The ability to send a text message through and get a response was so convenient I will be taking that idea onto my own business. No unexpected costs, and the interest rate was acceptable for what we were looking for. Took a little longer than expected to get everything sorted but that's also on me.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Lorraine

Lorraine

Unfair investment loan rates for existing loyal customers

I have just checked on the website that State Custodians has a rate of 2.74% for investment loans only for new customers with a LVR lower than 60%. It is very unfair to existing loyal customers who are paying their instalments on time even in the existing Covid-19 environment and have their loans lower than 60% LVR.

Luke

LukeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Customer Service & Communication

Tenille was allocated as my lending specialist and helped me greatly during the loan process. She always kept me in the loop during the application process and nothing was too much trouble for her. I achieved the best possible outcome on my loan including great rate for high LVR and no set up or ongoing fees. I don’t know what I would have done without Tenille and State Custodians. Thank you !

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Loan used forSecond Home

Great service again from State Custodians

Refinance top up went fast with excellent service from Sharn. I would recommend them as I already had in the past to my sister who is now with State Custodians.
Great customer service as far as I'm concerned, rate went up by .5% but I can live with that it achieved what I needed it to.

Mel Singleton

Mel SingletonSouthwest, VIC

Easy and efficient

Maryam has given us such great service. Easy to deal with and nothing was too hard. Made the refinancing process a breeze. thank you for all ur time. Ur hard work didn’t go unnoticed.

Excellent Customer Service

Following several unsuccessful and negative phone interactions with other lenders, I spoke to Tenille from State Custodians. She was professional, informative and helpful as I explained what I required in a home loan. Following our initial phone call, the customer service I received during the application process was exceptional. Tenille was in regular contact and helped me gather everything I needed to successfully acquire the best loan for my family. I am very happy that I chose State Custodians for my home loan and hope that the great service continues throughout the life of the loan.

Loan used forSecond Home
M Elangovan

M ElangovanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best rates and quick response

drsharynwilkins

drsharynwilkinsSydney, NSW

Great rates but slow and painful process

The valuation was terribly slow and settlement was delayed twice due to slow document processing. Mostly good customer service from the call line but one British woman was very rude.

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Amy

AmySydney, NSW

Started off with great offer, but too good to be true at the end

pabloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

Montly payment

Hi ..I have a question for you guys . My rate droppped to 2.80 last month and when I calculate my monthly repayment on different apps, I get 2424 figure wheras State Custodians is charging me 2440. Does anyone know why ?

Loan Start DateSeptember 2017

Jed M D.

Jed M D.Sydney, NSW

State Custodians is our preferred Lender

We approached State Custodians for a top up of our existing mortgage. Leo was fantastic, helping us navigate the paperwork and answering all our questions as we moved through the process. His attention to detail and professionalism was exceptional. Totally satisfied with all aspects of our loan.

Loan used forRenovation
Mahmoud A.

Mahmoud A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They never call when they say they will

Terrible customer service, I had to chase them up to process my loan even though they got all needed documents they requested. Called more than 4 times to find out what's happening, everytime I get promised to receive a call back but I never did. I ended up emailing them to cancel my application and I will be going with another lender, yet didn't even reply this email which was a week ago.

David W

David WSydney, NSW

Professional/ prompt service. Thanks.

After having a disappointing (unsuccessful) experience with my local Mortgage Broker I cautiously (I’m a boomer who prefers face to face communication) commenced an online home loan refinance application with State Custodians.
After commencing the online application process I was impressed when I promptly received a phone call (email acknowledgement already received) to discuss my application. Throughout the process I was guided by emails, some after hours & phone calls during working hours. Excellent client relations, thanks Leonardo G.
p.s. the loan / refinance process was prompt & should be completed within the next 10 days.
Happy customer. Thanks all.
David W

Loan Start DateJanuary 2020
sgkumar78

sgkumar78Sydney, NSW

Good rates and seemless process

I approached SC for a new investment loan. My Lending Specialist is Leonardo. The rates were good and process was relatively straight forward and fewer bureaucracy compared to a bank. I commend Leo for providing robust update on the progress. When needed he escalated matters and resolved to my satisfaction. He has been very helpful.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019
Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

Poor performance on every level

I was given a minefield of hoops to go through, delays and excessive red tape to get through which ultimately discourages any success in reducing my interest rate. Very dissatisfied with service on all levels.

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards