Peter

Peter Sydney, NSW

How to annoy existing customers

1. Cease to offer new loans
2. Start a new entity called Homeloans.com.au
3. Reduce interest rate for homeloans.com.au customers, 2 minutes after Reserve bank announcement
4. Cease passing on interest rate cuts to State Custodians customers
5. Offer disgruntled customers a fantastic introductory rate at Homeloans.com.au
6. Rinse and repeat

I have no issue with the staff, they are excellent at their job, easy to deal with, and their systems relatively seamless, but this whole Homeloans.com.au transformation just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Jo.

Jo.Perth, WA

State custodians does not value loyal customers

On 4 March 2020, the RBA reduced the cash rate by 0.25 and this was duly passed on. But they refused to pass on to variable rate customers the reduction done by RBA of 0.25 on 20/03/20 and 0.15 on 4/11/20. This is a total of 0.4 not passed on to variable interest rate customers. Instead they are offering us to fix our loans like it is a better option in the current situation. We all live in the same world that has financial issues for the moment. Be fair in your dealings and kindly pass on the savings to your variable interest rate customers. That is the whole idea of a variable rate to move with the trend of the RBA.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017
Jack G

Jack GPerth, WA

Refinance

Applied for refinance in Sept 2019. Got full conditional approval in Dec 2019, except it was for the wrong amount. Poor customer response to queries about the difference, further delays as in asking for re-submission of account history, asked for further information at the 11th hour had to re-set the loan settlement dates due to the extra amount required etc... so by the time settlement happened it was June 2020. If I had realised it would take this long I would've gone elsewhere. Seemed to struggle with property investors.

drsharynwilkins

drsharynwilkinsSydney, NSW

Great rates but slow and painful process

The valuation was terribly slow and settlement was delayed twice due to slow document processing. Mostly good customer service from the call line but one British woman was very rude.

Loan Start DateMay 2020
Amy

AmySydney, NSW

Started off with great offer, but too good to be true at the end

pabloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

Gold_Member

Gold_MemberAU

Great Rates. Terrible Application Process

All banks have policies for their due diligence, but State Custodians are beyond reproach; it is so excessive in comparison to other lenders. I keep wondering what the costs of these procedures must be.
It could be argued that a more thorough checking procedure is prudent, but asking for random and negligible documentation ad nauseum is a strange way to gain customers.
My documents are all signed but the requests keep coming. I feel that I have gained a master.

Greig

GreigDarwin, NT

Waste of time

Sean

SeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible experience

Please think twice if you want to sign up your loan with SC.
I realised there were reoccurring unauthorised transactions from my offset account. They admitted that it was their mistake but nothing was done. I have been waiting for them to refund my money for over 2 months, despite lots of follow up emails and phone calls. Complete waste of time.

Mahmoud A.

Mahmoud A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They never call when they say they will

Terrible customer service, I had to chase them up to process my loan even though they got all needed documents they requested. Called more than 4 times to find out what's happening, everytime I get promised to receive a call back but I never did. I ended up emailing them to cancel my application and I will be going with another lender, yet didn't even reply this email which was a week ago.

Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

Poor performance on every level

I was given a minefield of hoops to go through, delays and excessive red tape to get through which ultimately discourages any success in reducing my interest rate. Very dissatisfied with service on all levels.

Loan used forFirst Home
Truth revealer

Truth revealerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unethical lender

SC asked my internet banking log in details and recording unfair loan consent over the phone. Refused their unusual loan process so withdrew the loan application half way through and found out from next lender who advised me SC loan declined instead. Stay away from this lender or will leave you bad credit history.

Unwilling to Negotiate - Exploitation of Loyal Customers

Mark M.
Mark M.

Thank you for confirmation of your lack of respect to existing customers. I hope all potential new customers take this response into consideration when choosing a future lender.

Hansen

HansenMelbourne

Arrogant or ignorant?

State Custodians is one of those things that looked good from the outside, but not really when you looked deeper inside. I checked them out, submitted my application and followed it up after almost 1 month of no news and kept getting told "we would contact you back". When I told them "you have missed me many times", I was met with a reply "oh everyone is busy here". It's been 2 months, guess what? Surprise! Still no news!

Stay away. You've been warned.

Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

RBA rate cut still not passed after over a week

Very disappointed, RBA cut the rate over a week ago and it is still not passed to customers.
This is despite that most lenders have passed the cut in full.
Look at which ones did it before getting a loan with State Custodians.

Find out how State Custodians compares to other Home Loans

Advertised rates for new borrowers only, subsidised by existing customers

The advertised rates are great, but over time the rate you actually get drifts upwards while the advertised rate stays low. Nowhere did they mention the low rates offered were merely 'honeymoon' rates.

Two days after the latest RBA rate cut the State Custodians website still only has a vague "we are reviewing, we will let you know of any changes" message. I am not expecting to see much of a rate cut, if any. But I'll bet the advertised rate goes down!

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OMG -

OMG - So stressful to go through the formal approval process with State Custodians. I received pre-approval online as well as from the Lending Specialist a couple of days later after submitting the form. 10 days later I am still waiting for the formal approval document. The lending specialst is helpful but not the credit team. They keep coming back for more information every second day rather asking for it at once .... My settlement is in 10 days. God Help Me. I have submitted everything they have asked for and am still waiting....waiting and waiting....helplessly. Wished they could have told me from the start.

Be prepared for the long..........approval process if you decide to go with State Custodians

Sabrina

Sabrina

Appalling customer service

Absolutely appalling customer service.Lending department are quick to respond but once they have you no one bothers. Took 6 months and numerous phone calls and emails to vary security for our loan. They have never returned my certificate of title for the original security property and now more numerous calls to get it back. No one ever calls back or sends a confirmation email even when they promise to. No one seems to know what is going on. Most inefficient company ever.

Maurizio

MaurizioGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t waste your time.terrible customer service.very unreliable.

TerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very quick to meet our requirements after a complaint

Terry

It is reassuring that State Custodian is really vigilant at meeting our requirements after this review. We are really happy about the outcome after Theo, the direct sales manager helped us out.

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards