Jo.

Jo.Perth, WA

State custodians does not value loyal customers

On 4 March 2020, the RBA reduced the cash rate by 0.25 and this was duly passed on. But they refused to pass on to variable rate customers the reduction done by RBA of 0.25 on 20/03/20 and 0.15 on 4/11/20. This is a total of 0.4 not passed on to variable interest rate customers. Instead they are offering us to fix our loans like it is a better option in the current situation. We all live in the same world that has financial issues for the moment. Be fair in your dealings and kindly pass on the savings to your variable interest rate customers. That is the whole idea of a variable rate to move with the trend of the RBA.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

pabloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

Online Tools
Mahmoud A.

Mahmoud A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They never call when they say they will

Terrible customer service, I had to chase them up to process my loan even though they got all needed documents they requested. Called more than 4 times to find out what's happening, everytime I get promised to receive a call back but I never did. I ended up emailing them to cancel my application and I will be going with another lender, yet didn't even reply this email which was a week ago.

Home Loans

Find out how State Custodians compares to other Home Loans

Poor performance on every level

I was given a minefield of hoops to go through, delays and excessive red tape to get through which ultimately discourages any success in reducing my interest rate. Very dissatisfied with service on all levels.

Loan used forFirst Home
Truth revealer

Truth revealerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unethical lender

SC asked my internet banking log in details and recording unfair loan consent over the phone. Refused their unusual loan process so withdrew the loan application half way through and found out from next lender who advised me SC loan declined instead. Stay away from this lender or will leave you bad credit history.

Unwilling to Negotiate - Exploitation of Loyal Customers

Mark M.
Mark M.

Thank you for confirmation of your lack of respect to existing customers. I hope all potential new customers take this response into consideration when choosing a future lender.

RBA rate cut still not passed after over a week

Very disappointed, RBA cut the rate over a week ago and it is still not passed to customers.
This is despite that most lenders have passed the cut in full.
Look at which ones did it before getting a loan with State Custodians.

Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

Advertised rates for new borrowers only, subsidised by existing customers

The advertised rates are great, but over time the rate you actually get drifts upwards while the advertised rate stays low. Nowhere did they mention the low rates offered were merely 'honeymoon' rates.

Two days after the latest RBA rate cut the State Custodians website still only has a vague "we are reviewing, we will let you know of any changes" message. I am not expecting to see much of a rate cut, if any. But I'll bet the advertised rate goes down!

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OMG -

OMG - So stressful to go through the formal approval process with State Custodians. I received pre-approval online as well as from the Lending Specialist a couple of days later after submitting the form. 10 days later I am still waiting for the formal approval document. The lending specialst is helpful but not the credit team. They keep coming back for more information every second day rather asking for it at once .... My settlement is in 10 days. God Help Me. I have submitted everything they have asked for and am still waiting....waiting and waiting....helplessly. Wished they could have told me from the start.

Be prepared for the long..........approval process if you decide to go with State Custodians

Loan used forInvestment Property
Home Loans

Find out how State Custodians compares to other Home Loans

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards