State Custodians

State Custodians (page 2 of 5)

kirk

kirkBrisbane

Shocking customer service

Can never get through on their phone lines. After on hold for 10min, you have to leave a message, and they promise to call back in 5 business days (what a joke). Tried that twice plus multiple emails to customercare email and no response after 2 weeks. Avoid like plague as no service after signup

Josh

JoshNewcastle

Appalling service, and same big rate increases

Don't Trust State Custodians

Fiona Hudson

Fiona HudsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bait Rates and terrible service

zh1978Perth

Worst company. Do not finance with them. Bait rate then increased shortly after.

Refinanced with State Custodians about a year ago and have been hit with 2 rate hikes since then. My rate is now much higher than the advertised rate. From other reviews this appears to be how they work. I am looking to refinance to another lender now. We should all report to the credit ombudsman given how common it is for them to do out of cycle rate increases after settlement.

zh1978

No one believes you. My current rate is higher than the rate advertised on the front page of your website! As you can see there are so many bad reviews on your bait rate policy.

Jason

JasonMelbourne

Missing funds! Can't explain where they went

Bait rate

Nicholas

NicholasBrisbane

BEWARE OF MULTIPLE OUT OF CYCLE RATE RAISES

Lee

LeePerth, WA

Loyal customer treated with contempt

Rate increase twice in 6 months- Bait advertising

Bait you with a cheap rate and increase it twice in 6 months! No other lenders have done this. They offer new lenders a much better rate but don't look after existing customers. Waste of time and money I'm moving on...

Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Also disappointed and stung by bait advertising

As other posters have identified, I was lured to change from Members Equity to State Custodians for the low interest and positive review on Canstar. After refinancing in February this year, less than 3 months later they've just raised my rate while keeping it lower for new customers!! That's called bait advertising and its definitely unethical and arguably should be illegal. I just called to voice my complaint, and encourage others to do the same. The man on the telephone had obviously received many such calls. Very disappointed. We should all look elsewhere, alas.

Grubs

I have had a loan with state custodians for around 3 years. These guys will lure you in on a great rate and the sneakily up the interest rate. We have had 3 or 4 interest rate rises outside of the reserve bank in the last couple of years to the point where my rate is nearly 1% higher than when I switched.. They will send a letter saying external pressures blah blah blah has made it necessary for these rises. When I rang to complain about this and request a better deal the gentleman I spoke to took my details and told me that one of the team would contact me within two weeks. I am still waiting 3 months later. Do NOT believe the great rate on the website, it is only an introductory rate to lure you in and it WILL go up. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

Don't believe their advertised rate

I signed up on a variable rate of 3.64%, with settlement in February 2018. Like many others before me, I got a letter from them earlier this month (May 2018) saying my rate would go up by 0.09% to 3.73% due to "funding pressures". Meanwhile, the exact same rate I settled at is still being advertised today. I'm not a complete airhead, so it's a bit hard to believe their spin. Thankfully my loan is small so the rate rise adds up to around $300/year but don't sign up with them expectation that they're going to be a lovely, small, caring bank - they're as bad as the rest. I'll probably give them a year then refinance again - no bank deserves anyone's loyalty.

Dee

DeeSydney

Do not recommend!!

Changed from nab to state custodians in November 2017. Worst mistake....6 months in, I received a letter (dated two weeks earlier and I live in the Sydney cbd) with an excuse due to global market conditions, the investment rate has jumped from 4.09 to 4.24. Service isn't great and many times you are waiting for awhile. The whole experience changing from nab wasn't good. Now I have to look at changing and to be fair will go back to a bank as this experience I do not trust a non bank lender now thanks to state custodians. I changed loans on my own and will get a lender to help next time as it was stressful.

latrobeisbad

latrobeisbadAU

Bait advertising. Avoid.

They suck you in with a low rate, then increase that rate twice in the first six months whilst still advertising the low rate on their website for new customers.
You very quickly end up paying 0.5% above their advertised rate.
Bait advertising. Should be illegal.

RodneySydney, NSW

Multiple interest rate rises

Bad move State Custodians you've had my business for over 5 years and it would have been 20-25 years but things have been going downhill for sometime now. I've recently had problems with rude call centre staff, being charged unreasonable fees when I was having difficulties with my health and now multiple interest rate hikes yet low new customer interest rates remain? Shows you dont give a stuff about long term customers and just want new money coming in. Prehaps you should stop with the prize giveaways and handing out cash grants for the State Custodians 'Young Garvan Edgy Ideas Award' and start looking after your actual customers becuase you've lost me!

Rodney

Oh wow thanks SC for that unhelpful PR spin. How about some actual suggestions or somebody to contact or to speak to direct? Cant even be bothered to name the team member who wrote the reply? Thanks for nothing

Increase rate rises

When I signed up with State Custodians my biggest concerns was their past behavior of increasing rates once they locked in customers. This was apparent through sites like this. I was advised that this was not how they operated as it was usual for customers to be on higher rates than the introductory rate. Low and behold only 6 months later the same trend. I can somewhat understand if this was the case for new users too but to hit you once you've signed up appears to be their business model.

HassanBrisbane

My rate has increased twice in less than 9 months while the advertised rate for new customers remain

Nothing but a trap

They advertise low rates but the service is terrible. You will never get your loan on time. Your plans will go down the drain. They are a waste of time. Totally unreliable. Few months after you sign up, they increase the loan rate even though neither RBA or other banks increased rates. This is a trap. Run!

ClintDUpper Coomera

Extreme Caution Required!

Do not go with this bank! I made the decision to go with this company based purely on interest rate. I have been with them for 3 months and received a letter advising that my rate would be increased. I understand that I signed up for a variable rate however the reason for the change was given that market conditions have increased the funding costs. However on their internet site they continue to advertise the rate I signed on for originally. I would be very hesitant based on other reviews here this has happened to numerous other people and will most likely happen to you shortly after signing that dotted line. I will be moving my loans elsewhere on principal. Be very careful!!

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo
pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards