Peter

Peter Sydney, NSW

How to annoy existing customers

1. Cease to offer new loans
2. Start a new entity called Homeloans.com.au
3. Reduce interest rate for homeloans.com.au customers, 2 minutes after Reserve bank announcement
4. Cease passing on interest rate cuts to State Custodians customers
5. Offer disgruntled customers a fantastic introductory rate at Homeloans.com.au
6. Rinse and repeat

I have no issue with the staff, they are excellent at their job, easy to deal with, and their systems relatively seamless, but this whole Homeloans.com.au transformation just doesn't pass the sniff test.

Jack G

Jack GPerth, WA

Refinance

Applied for refinance in Sept 2019. Got full conditional approval in Dec 2019, except it was for the wrong amount. Poor customer response to queries about the difference, further delays as in asking for re-submission of account history, asked for further information at the 11th hour had to re-set the loan settlement dates due to the extra amount required etc... so by the time settlement happened it was June 2020. If I had realised it would take this long I would've gone elsewhere. Seemed to struggle with property investors.

Loan used forInvestment Property
drsharynwilkins

drsharynwilkinsSydney, NSW

Great rates but slow and painful process

The valuation was terribly slow and settlement was delayed twice due to slow document processing. Mostly good customer service from the call line but one British woman was very rude.

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateMay 2020
Loan used forRefinancing
Home Loans

Find out how State Custodians compares to other Home Loans

Amy

AmySydney, NSW

Started off with great offer, but too good to be true at the end

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forInvestment Property

TerryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very quick to meet our requirements after a complaint

Terry

It is reassuring that State Custodian is really vigilant at meeting our requirements after this review. We are really happy about the outcome after Theo, the direct sales manager helped us out.

twingo721

twingo721

Disappointed

After only 6 months I have been told my interest rate is going up .09% due to increased funding costs. However even though they supposedly have higher funding costs new customers are being offered a rate lower than I got 6 months ago. Plus their internet banking set up is pretty ordinary. I had good hopes based on the positive reviews but they're nothing special.

AllenSydney, NSW

Are loyal customers being left behind?

I have been a loyal customer for 2+ years and was very happy with the on-boarding process and fantastic rates at the start of my loan, I also recommended State Custodians to family and friends based on my initial dealings with them. Since then I have seen my rate creep up 0.75% and it is now 0.45% above the rate advertised on their website. I feel they bring new customers in with attractive rates and after a honeymoon period they start upping the rate in the hope the customer will stay on board.

Whilst I would prefer to stay with State Custodians the gap between my current rate and other lenders is compelling and I am now looking at changing lenders.

Allen

Have just been informed that they will be bring my rate into line with current offers. Will definitely be staying with SC.

keg

kegGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great rate crap to make changes

Communication setting up our loan was great (all done by email) since then, when ever I call I'm on hold over 10 mins and you can't make any changes without printing a form signing it, scanning it emailing it back. Changes then take 3 business from when they receive the form.
I don't have a printer or scanner and dragging kids around to print a form when every single other company accepts changes over the phone is seriously out dated. This is my 3rd refinance on a home loan and the only lender to require forms for everything!

Cleveland

ClevelandSydney, NSW

Great Staff but dissappointing rate hike!

Home Loans

Find out how State Custodians compares to other Home Loans

TobyOrange

Saving money achieved but terribly confusing services

Toby

Strong start that tapered off when it counted...

It was helpful to be able to speak to "real people" who were consistently contactable but the process broke down once it hit legals - this was very unhelpful in the lead up to settlement: in the end, the experience was stressful and resulted in expensive delays and this was very disappointing.
Attractive rate - solid range of loan features
As noted, terrible service from the lender's legal team

Customer Feedback T.State Custodians

We understand that you have encountered a specific issue at settlement. We would be keen to discuss it further with you. Please email kathleen@statecustodians.com.au.

very slow in reply/ return calls after submit the application form

Some risks involved.....

than4

Actually no resolution as yet. Have had numerous phone calls and emails regarding the product and why I find it not suitable for me. Still ongoing as of 13/9/2013

Jack

Jackasked

What is the discharge cost if leaving/distachargin a state custodians variable rate home loan of $250,000 please?

John N.

John N.asked

Has anyone had their interest rate increased above what they are offering new client. Eg Mortgage rate now is 2.58%
Anyone paying more than this rate.
let me know
thanks

pablo
pablo

Hi John I would urge you to read my last review about this company. They have admitted that they made an error in reversing a payment my ex partner made and put my mortgage in arrears to the tune of $19,700.00 plus Without notifying myself as the primary borrower. The matter has been with A.F.C.A for over 6 months and both State Custodians and A.F.C.A have delayed, evaded etc etc. If you don't have a loan with them Make Absolutely no mistake. STAY WELL CLEAR.. by the way State Custodians is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resimac. You need only look at the reviews people have posted about Resimac to see who you are/will be dealing with. Plus there are better rates available elsewhere. Hope that Helps. Cheers Paul

Lynette

Lynetteasked

What is State Custodians LVR on units more than 6 levels in Potts Point in Sydney. Do you lend up to 80% or 70% of the purchase price.

Dear Lynette

Thanks for your question. In general we can lend up to 70% LVR on units in metropolitan areas, however with Lender’s Mortgage Insurance we may be able to lend above 70% LVR. Please note that we would need the address of the property to provide a more definitive answer, so please call us on 13 72 62 and one of our Lending Specialists will be able to assist you.

Kind regards