Stayz

Stayz

1.1

• Trip Completed Yes · No (130)
  • Ease of Booking

Dali Lamers

Dali LamersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Service

Booked a place in Portland only to find out they're not taking any bookings due to Covid.
Stayz has taken the deposit out of our account and after calling them a couple of times didn't get anywhere, apparently up to 2 weeks to get my money back, What a joke, absolute idiots, so upset.

Would never recommend Stayz

Our accomodation with #9541392 was cancelled the day before. No reason given, or apology. Sent an email asking Stayz and property owner why it was cancelled- never got a reply. Very poor service. We will never use Stayz again or recommend.

Pradeep

PradeepGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Booked then asked to withdraw by owner

Rang the lady of the property "Kilmuir Country Retreat" to book farmhouse for 16 guests at office to check availability in Aug she said available then I booked at stayz website but she is asked me to withdraw because family is going to book on those dates. She also started lying that dates I asked on phone were May not august. Why were the dates available to book on stayz ? Not really happy.

Daniel N.

Daniel N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Booking canceled unexpectedly

Lidia

LidiaSydney

Beware of STAYZ

We were scammed by a supposed owner named [Name Removed] using STAYZ for accommodation in QLD.
Paid money to him and he has disappeared. Or so he thinks...
STAYZ are wiping their hands. Absolute rubbish company

Ridiculous website and service

I have booked a holiday rental in Huskisson, south coast NSW from 9 th to 16 January through Stayz (Home away group) with free cancellation advertised before a certain date. I then decided to cancel well before the free cancellation date and then the trouble began - whilst gone away gave their share of the refund, unbeknown to me that there is a local real estate mob take a giants share of the money and haven’t refunded that amount - it took 3 months of repeated phone calls to Stayz abs nothing happened. I finally reached the local real estate mob who refunded their share less transaction fee (not declared at the start).

Issue - Stayz doesn’t take any responsibility of getting your money back.

Booking TypeAccommodation

Booked property doesn't exist anymore and they don't know it

We have booked a property in GoldCoast for the Easter holiday, and to our surprise 2 days before the vacation (that too I called owner), we got to know that the property is off the market for months and its demolished. The owner confirmed that he has already informed Stayz months ago that the property is not available. Now to get the refund I have called their customer service n times but still waiting... Will never use this website again..

Lexus Lizzie

Lexus LizzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

One star too many. Be very careful-Exorbitant booking fees

I will never again use this website. They advertise homes that are listed with other booking agencies and I was charged $60 booking fee by one agency and a shocking $204.60 by Stayz so $264 in total for a 4 night stay. I think this is outrageous. I did not realise I was going through two booking agents when I booked. I will be avoiding this company at all costs and going direct to owners wherever I can. If the Stayz site directs you to another agency advertising the property, I would suggest you ring that other agency directly and save yourself a lot of money.

Booking TypeAccommodation

Terrible customer service and no support for guests

Owner cancelled 4 business days out of a trip. No one at stayz assisted to find a new place. Holiday was ruined. There is no customer help line for stayz and emails are operated through a separate company who do not listen to your problems.

Lorraine

LorraineVictoria

Zero communication

Booked with Stayz, then found out owner had left Stayz and was only using airb&b. Made many attempts to contact Stayz help centre and owner, through emails and phone calls to have someone verify if our booking would still be honoured. Eventually, we had to cancel as date to receive full refund was up. Other than acknowledging our emails, Stayz did not answer our requests until after they received our cancellation and then only to say they were sorry we had cancelled. Still no answer on our booking. Very dissatisfied.

Wayne D.

Wayne D.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No Compassion shown to us, no reply to emails and given the run around.

We booked a holiday through Stayz and will never book with them again. We couldn't go on holiday due to covid border closures and they were happy to move our booking, but when my wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer I tried contacting them and got the run around and when I emailed them, no reply. All they care about is money not their customers.

Will

WillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience from Stayz

Katelyn I.

Katelyn I.Perth, WA

Terrible! Never use this site.

My parents booked a weekend away for their anniversary. Due to an unexpected covid lockdown they were unable to travel on the booked weekend. My parents still wanted to use the accommodation however just need to reschedule however have had no luck getting I contact with owner to reschedule. Unable to speak to anyone at the stayz site directly either. My parents have sent a heap of emails and have tried calling but never seem to be able to speak to anyone. No way of getting any money back or even rescheduling the trip!

matthew guess

matthew guessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would never recommend Stayz

Never use this site

This site is miss-leading, It states that people have received a full refund for Property ID: 9069671 due to COVID-19, however we only received a 47% refund on the property and no service fee or GST refund. This cancellation occurred 6 days before our booking. I also experienced 4 customer service chats stopping unexpectedly when asking questions leading to a-lot of my time being wasted. I am not able to leave a review for future customers to see when booking this property. this service is the worst I have ever experienced and form now on I will avoid this and book at hotels instead.

Do not use Stayz or Home Away

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

Stayz Refuse Covid-19 Refund

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excessive fees added to property prices

I was supplied a quote from owner and paid deposit, only to find additional $308 added to the owners quote by stayz/ homeaway, just because I found the property on their website.

Lynda

LyndaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very poor communication

cancelled booking was told I had a credit. I then tried to rebook and despite dates available on the website was told they were not and then got the run around and then could not get a response. Tried the helpline number and email and could not get through.

Winnie

WinnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't use Stayz or Homeaway

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.