Stayz

Happydayz

HappydayzPerth

Fraudulent claims made by Owner supported by Stayz

No Assistance

I had no assistance with a property stay. I was very disappointed in a property stay the stay was not as advertised. I complained to stayz and nothing done about it
Never use Stayz again

Brigid

Brigid

poor service

I booked a property, after contacting the owner, to find it was not suitable. The owner had given wrong information. I left after one night. I did not complain, write a review or ask for a refund. Now I get a bad review from the owner. I have not been able to contact stayz

Suzie

SuzieSouthwest, VIC

Outrageous "service fee" & terrible customer service - WILL NOT USE AGAIN!

In November 2020, I enquired for 4-night stay & was immediately charged a "service fee" - at time of enquiry, was I notified that I would be charged this rate IN ADDITION TO rate I was viewing on Stayz website. I changed booking to 2-nights and expected refund. My effort to email customer service, and then called TWICE, to be told it is their service fee & then they hung up on me (I wasn't being rude). No where was this additional fee included in what I was viewing on their website. Will never use Stayz again.

Kelli

KelliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exorbitant service fee!!!!

I booked a property for a stay in Phillip island through the Stayz website.
Initially my card was charged $101.20 - whisky awaiting the final confirmation for the booking dates.
Booking confirmed, received invoice for payment, property agent advised that service fee would be refunded after the stay, paid in full, had a great stay.

Contacted stayz about my refund, they advise that it is their service fee in addition to the Property price for the stay.

Service fee for what!? They didn't provide me with ANY service, All they did was post the property. I did ALL of the communication and payment then with he property agent directly.

Absolute scam.

Do not book with Stayz, rip off.

Maggie M

Maggie MGoldfields, WA

Property for rental.

Spent one week at a property booked through Stayz in Victoria Park. It was not as advertised, many issues with it, not good value for $$. Would not book with Stayz again.

Altin

AltinMELBOURNE

Very shady business. Does not care about anything but money in their pocket.

Property owner lied that we broke something in the house. Stayz did not want to involve and i was forced to contact my bank to get them to pay me instead as we were basically robbed by the property owner and Stayz is completly responsible.

Russell M.

Russell M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst place I ever Stayzed

We entered the premises and smell of something dead was overwhelming, we complained and got told to leave if we weren't happy. The owner was rude (but only via text), the property manager was insulting over the phone the help from Stayz has been almost non existent.

Olly H

Olly H

Won't post negative reviews

The property we booked through Stayz was in really poor condition - unclean, stove not working, lights not working, bad local management firm. We wrote a fair but 2-star review with positives and negatives, it was not posted on the site. Interestingly no reviews have been posted for the month prior to our stay (summer holidays).
In addition to this, Stayz did not keep our credit card details private. Do not want to use this service again.

MAA

MAAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero zero zero

Zero stars for Stayz! Customer Service zero! Rude, condescending, arrogant lady ([Name Removed]) thinks it’s ok to hang up on customers, not once, but multiple times! Also, swearing to a customer is not acceptable under any circumstances! This person should not be in a customer service role. Time to go honey!

Booking TypeAccommodation

SUB Sub standard Property!!!!

Property was described as a Garden Studio. NO GARDEn!!! Just a rubbish yard!! Studio was SO tiny - no TV and very VERY basic! Grotty and unacceptable. When we tried to check in, stuff everywhere from previous occupant who obviously still hadn’t left! Off somewhere and still needed to return to gather their things. That also means the room had not yet been cleaned between occupants!!! Whole thing was disgusting! Will NEVER book through Stayz again!!!!

KERRY J.
KERRY J.
Viji

Viji

Stayz keeps fees on Owners and Customers despite CV19

Our trip had to be cancelled due to CV19. We came to an amicable cancellation fee with the owner. Despite what Stayz and Homeaway website says about being sympathetic they charged us full platform fees and the owner additional fees which is based on original reservation length which for us was quite long. It's no wonder more people move to AirBnB and hope more owners do to.

I tried to reason with HomeAway and Stayz due to CV19 and their customer service was horrible and refused with no empathy or sympathy to the situation.

With COVID continuing to unpredictable, I'd avoid Stayz at all costs.

Nicky

Nicky Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible experience

After driving four hours we found our booking been cancelled upon arrival . We were refunded the amount less GST and the booking fee, so were $191.40 out of pocket We were stranded as it was peak holiday time. Totally dissatisfied!

False advertising

We booked accomodation through Stayz and after one week the owner of the property called to tell us property isn’t available and she needs to cancel our booking. She told me Stayz should not have made the property available for booking. Do not book from this website they will just ruin your holiday plans.

Find out how Stayz compares to other Booking Services

Don’t book through stayz or HomeAway

Booked holiday home in northern beaches days before covid outbreak. Left 3hrs later as the property was unsanitary and was afraid of exactly what happened a covid outbreak. stayz charged me a service fee and one nights accommodation and now refuse to publish my review! Would you have stayed here! My son also fell from an insecure stool and hit his head. These photos were taken of the property and the condition in which it was presented to me.

• +1Thumbnail
Maree03

Maree03Sydney

I would give Stayz a -0 if possible. They charge a huge fee for nothing.Keep away!

$233 charge for nothing left work to property managers to do all booking, entry and exit and answer all requests. Stay away from Stayz go direct to property agents or real estate much better service for no charge.

Trish

Trish The Mallee, VIC

Disgraceful!! No contact phone number. Owners not held responsible for updating availability.

Tex

Tex

Ripp off booking fees don't use Stayz

Bunch of rip off crap would never book through stayz again! 350 dollar booking fee wth is that. Get stuffed I don't need thirty words to tell you that this company should be avoided.

Do not rely on them

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.