Stayz

Stayz (page 2 of 50)

• Trip Completed Yes (86) · No (130)
  • Ease of Booking

Maggie M

Maggie MGoldfields, WA

Property for rental.

Spent one week at a property booked through Stayz in Victoria Park. It was not as advertised, many issues with it, not good value for $$. Would not book with Stayz again.

Wayne D.

Wayne D.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No Compassion shown to us, no reply to emails and given the run around.

We booked a holiday through Stayz and will never book with them again. We couldn't go on holiday due to covid border closures and they were happy to move our booking, but when my wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer I tried contacting them and got the run around and when I emailed them, no reply. All they care about is money not their customers.

Altin

AltinMELBOURNE

Very shady business. Does not care about anything but money in their pocket.

Property owner lied that we broke something in the house. Stayz did not want to involve and i was forced to contact my bank to get them to pay me instead as we were basically robbed by the property owner and Stayz is completly responsible.

Trip CompletedYes

Booking TypeAccommodation
Russell M.

Russell M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst place I ever Stayzed

We entered the premises and smell of something dead was overwhelming, we complained and got told to leave if we weren't happy. The owner was rude (but only via text), the property manager was insulting over the phone the help from Stayz has been almost non existent.

Olly H

Olly H

Won't post negative reviews

The property we booked through Stayz was in really poor condition - unclean, stove not working, lights not working, bad local management firm. We wrote a fair but 2-star review with positives and negatives, it was not posted on the site. Interestingly no reviews have been posted for the month prior to our stay (summer holidays).
In addition to this, Stayz did not keep our credit card details private. Do not want to use this service again.

MAA

MAAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero zero zero

Zero stars for Stayz! Customer Service zero! Rude, condescending, arrogant lady ([Name Removed]) thinks it’s ok to hang up on customers, not once, but multiple times! Also, swearing to a customer is not acceptable under any circumstances! This person should not be in a customer service role. Time to go honey!

Lisa

Lisa

Negative review not posted by stayz

Wrote 1 negative review however stayz did not post review. Only posting positive reviews. Wrote twice and had no replies.
So reviews appear bias.
Wouldn't book them in future.
As lack integrity. Thanks

Will

WillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience from Stayz

Katelyn I.

Katelyn I.Perth, WA

Terrible! Never use this site.

My parents booked a weekend away for their anniversary. Due to an unexpected covid lockdown they were unable to travel on the booked weekend. My parents still wanted to use the accommodation however just need to reschedule however have had no luck getting I contact with owner to reschedule. Unable to speak to anyone at the stayz site directly either. My parents have sent a heap of emails and have tried calling but never seem to be able to speak to anyone. No way of getting any money back or even rescheduling the trip!

matthew guess

matthew guessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would never recommend Stayz

Never use this site

This site is miss-leading, It states that people have received a full refund for Property ID: 9069671 due to COVID-19, however we only received a 47% refund on the property and no service fee or GST refund. This cancellation occurred 6 days before our booking. I also experienced 4 customer service chats stopping unexpectedly when asking questions leading to a-lot of my time being wasted. I am not able to leave a review for future customers to see when booking this property. this service is the worst I have ever experienced and form now on I will avoid this and book at hotels instead.

Do not use Stayz or Home Away

Stayz false covid policy

Would not recommend Stayz, my trip was affected by covid and despite what the website said the home owner refused to give me a refund. I requested a supervisor call me back so I can discuss the false information on their website. I continued to call back asking for the manager as my booking date was approaching and they avoided my phone call each time. More than 3 weeks later I received a call back! Horrible experience and will never book with them again.

Sydney Yakka

Sydney YakkaSydney, NSW

Do not book through Stayz!!

For the second time in a row Stayz/HomeAway has cancelled our booking without any reason and without any apology. A few years ago I actually worked for Stayz in their customer support section and if someone's booking was cancelled we would contact them personally with an apology and a list of at least three alternative properties for them.

All we got was a rude email stating it had been cancelled and that was it.

We will never use Stayz/HomeAway ever again. Now it is too late for us to find a similar property for our holiday so it looks like we can't go away - again.

Useless company.

Natalie

NatalieSydney, NSW

Stayz Refuse Covid-19 Refund

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excessive fees added to property prices

I was supplied a quote from owner and paid deposit, only to find additional $308 added to the owners quote by stayz/ homeaway, just because I found the property on their website.

SUB Sub standard Property!!!!

Property was described as a Garden Studio. NO GARDEn!!! Just a rubbish yard!! Studio was SO tiny - no TV and very VERY basic! Grotty and unacceptable. When we tried to check in, stuff everywhere from previous occupant who obviously still hadn’t left! Off somewhere and still needed to return to gather their things. That also means the room had not yet been cleaned between occupants!!! Whole thing was disgusting! Will NEVER book through Stayz again!!!!

KERRY J.
KERRY J.
Beltom8

Beltom8Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Xmas stay in a Filthy property

A dirty property, cleaner and compensation promised by the property manager. End of story. Review not listed and email unanswered. Not getting my money ever again stayz, and not supporting you until you clean your act up. Simply taking advantage of Australians holidaying at home......

Viji

Viji

Stayz keeps fees on Owners and Customers despite CV19

Our trip had to be cancelled due to CV19. We came to an amicable cancellation fee with the owner. Despite what Stayz and Homeaway website says about being sympathetic they charged us full platform fees and the owner additional fees which is based on original reservation length which for us was quite long. It's no wonder more people move to AirBnB and hope more owners do to.

I tried to reason with HomeAway and Stayz due to CV19 and their customer service was horrible and refused with no empathy or sympathy to the situation.

With COVID continuing to unpredictable, I'd avoid Stayz at all costs.

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.