Stayz

Stayz (page 3 of 50)

• Trip Completed Yes (86) · No (130)
  • Ease of Booking

Lynda

LyndaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very poor communication

cancelled booking was told I had a credit. I then tried to rebook and despite dates available on the website was told they were not and then got the run around and then could not get a response. Tried the helpline number and email and could not get through.

Winnie

WinnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't use Stayz or Homeaway

Nicky

Nicky Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible experience

After driving four hours we found our booking been cancelled upon arrival . We were refunded the amount less GST and the booking fee, so were $191.40 out of pocket We were stranded as it was peak holiday time. Totally dissatisfied!

Ban Foxtel from Australi

Ban Foxtel from Australi

Booking and Deposit not recognised by Stayz.com

I booked a Holiday Rental via Stayz.com. I didn’t see a confirmation via email. They took my deposit but not on my bookings App. Rang them and after 1 hour on the call they said my booking was canceled and I was refunded the fees which was not on my bank statement to date. I called the Real Estate agent to confirm my booking and they confirmed I am booked in. Still waiting on my refund from Stayz. Do not book through this company.

Elizabeth

ElizabethWimmera, VIC

Owner of a holiday house. I was defrauded for 6 nights accommodation in total.

I had a knock on the back door from a couple from the city. They stayed 4 nights in an upstairs loft. They reported that they booked through STAYZ. I have received no money in my account.
Another couple stayed in my cottage fir 2 nights. I received no money in my account for their stay either. I charge a low rate, so I am out of pocket by $720.

Beth

BethCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Holiday home owner has not been paid for 6 nights

Am reporting fraud to my financial institution. No money was recieved by me for 6 nights accomodation. I have not been able to contact STAYZ, the booking company despite numerous attempts.

False advertising

We booked accomodation through Stayz and after one week the owner of the property called to tell us property isn’t available and she needs to cancel our booking. She told me Stayz should not have made the property available for booking. Do not book from this website they will just ruin your holiday plans.

Samantha

SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT use Stayz or Homeaway

The owner cancelled my holiday only a few days after requesting final payment, this was 2 weeks before the holiday which I had booked & paid 60% of almost 12 months earlier. He continues to withhold my payments & Stayz just tell me they are looking into it, almost a month later & still nothing. Stayz don’t let you leave reviews unless you have stayed there so I can’t warn others of this. Don’t use Stayz or Homeaway- they are dishonest & so far have not issued my refund.

Mick

MickSydney, NSW

Waste of time

Booking cancelled 2 weeks prior my trip with no courtesy email/call. Terrible customer service, and they weren’t willing to help. They are hard to get in contact with. Will not book through them ever again.

Find out how Stayz compares to other Booking Services

Don’t book through stayz or HomeAway

Booked holiday home in northern beaches days before covid outbreak. Left 3hrs later as the property was unsanitary and was afraid of exactly what happened a covid outbreak. stayz charged me a service fee and one nights accommodation and now refuse to publish my review! Would you have stayed here! My son also fell from an insecure stool and hit his head. These photos were taken of the property and the condition in which it was presented to me.

• +1Thumbnail
Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Do NOT book with these people. NO refund. Email only. Phone number "Temporarily Unavailable" for past 2 weeks.

Despite notifying the company within 24 hours of making the booking that I needed to cancel due to government imposed border closures, these people want to keep my full deposit of $763.

Do not support these companies. Use hotelbookings or expedia or trivago or hotels.com or any number of other sites that do not require upfront payment.

RBurns

RBurnsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from Stayz

Really really bad. Kiss your money goodbye. No accountability - just some phone operator in Philippines who you will not hear from again. Just book a hotel - at least there is proper accountability and communication. Do not hand over your money to Stayz.

Maree03

Maree03Sydney

I would give Stayz a -0 if possible. They charge a huge fee for nothing.Keep away!

$233 charge for nothing left work to property managers to do all booking, entry and exit and answer all requests. Stay away from Stayz go direct to property agents or real estate much better service for no charge.

Trish

Trish The Mallee, VIC

Disgraceful!! No contact phone number. Owners not held responsible for updating availability.

COVID cancellations terrible service

Terrible Company, stay well clear of these scammers and don’t support them.We had a house booked in northern beaches for 4 days over Christmas then Covid restrictions came into effect and we couldn’t enter the area ,house owner couldn’t leave but no refund only alternative dates which is bulls##t as we we’re supposed to be goin with another couple so finding alternative dates will be difficult.Stayz leave it up to the home owner to decide if they refund or not.Will never book through online company’s again especially when the homeowners can basically keep your money if they choose too

Tex

Tex

Ripp off booking fees don't use Stayz

Bunch of rip off crap would never book through stayz again! 350 dollar booking fee wth is that. Get stuffed I don't need thirty words to tell you that this company should be avoided.

Jill

JillSouth East Queensland, QLD

A zero star review. Christmas ruined

Supposed to be pet friendly. We were kicked out after 2 nights for now valid reason. Stayz have done nothing to help. Christmas ruined and $3000
Stolen by owners. Court next

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

COVID cancellation

Beware properties advertising 'COVID cancellations handled with care' as in our case it was false advertising. Our booking with 'The Artisan 3BR house' in Adelaide had to be cancelled due to COVID travel restrictions for all NSW residents.
Althought the owners had an almost immediate re-booking for their property, they refused to allow us a credit, a change of dates or a refund. We were given just under 50% refund only. So they have a full payment from a new booking but decided to keep half of our money as well. Just because they could. And refused to answer our questions.
It is difficult to imagine that during such a challenging time for so many, and especially at Xmas, there are people so ruthlessly taking advantage of others.

Disgusting Service

Two days before Xmas and we are without our holiday accommodation! Booked back in January, received email for final payment at beginning of December, paid it. Emailed owner last night to see where we get the keys from, for him to say it’s not available. Bad communication between owner and Stayz as to who has money, don’t care just refund it! I now have a family with nowhere to celebrate Xmas and $7k who knows when will be refunded! To find another property is not going to happen and if they could wanted us to pay another lot of accommodation costs! Will never use again and would not recommend

Paula

PaulaPerth, WA

Reservation request worst idea they could have ever allowed

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.