Stayz

Stayz (page 4 of 50)

• Trip Completed Yes (86) · No (130)
  • Ease of Booking

No support from Stayz

Stayz don't seem to have any post-booking support. In the event you have an issue with your booking, there seems to be no surveillance of correspondence by the Stayz team. I have left four messages for my host and have had no reply. The Stayz site provides no option for me speak with one of their team, or indeed anyone. I'm envious of the support my friends are having while dealing with Air B&B at this difficult time.

RR B.

RR B.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from Stayz. ABSOLUTE THEFT.

As close to a high level, well organised scam as you will EVER encounter. There is absolutely no protection once you hand your money over. No proper policies in place for Covid related border closures affecting your booking (i.e, Sydney northern beaches lockdown). Instead you will be talking to a Philippine call operator who is at home in a tin shed with a rooster crowing in the background. It’s unbelievable and shocking that the ACCC or some authority has not slapped a warning on their website. Do not hand your money over, just do not do it.

ladyluxy

ladyluxy

Worst booking service I've ever encountered

Natalie B.

Natalie B.Perth, WA

Stay away, SCAMMMM!!! I would leave 0 rating !!!

Scammers trying to get card details!!!!
Don’t get sucked in,, mongrels should be locked up doing this to innocent people at this time and around Xmas when people are struggling with jobs

Jena

Jena

Don't use this website

Very Deceitful - I would never book through stayz again. They quote the full price of the accomodation on their website but I encountered unexpected and additonal fees after the booking. An additonal $309 service fee.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Postpone due to Covid

Don’t Use This Website

We booked our accomodation for a week over the Xmas/New year period. We booked and paid in full in May. Today I received an email advising us our booking had been cancelled. I sent a message to the property owner, no response. We now have no chance of booking another property, I will never use any third party booking sites again.

Frustrated

Incompetent,useless,unhelpful,lack of communication and transparency.
Three months on and I’m still waiting for a refund.
Infuriatingly frustrated at the lack of assistance demonstrated by both parties (stayz and the property owner)
I have never submitted a review,however,I feel that this one is warranted as a warning to other potential travellers.
Travellers beware!!!!

Do not rely on them

Find out how Stayz compares to other Booking Services

The site advertise at a low price when you booked its a different price

There is no email to contact the site and no explain the refund back Disaster....
The owner of the property was good but chargers was not explain. We do make mistake but for sure
when booking on website you the must contact point when you make mistake to assist you.
But with Stayz no hope you are gone to the sharks

Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dodgy!

Pretended that it had booked confirmed trip which I provided credit card details for twice! And then i try to look at the details and it says it’s not in my name anymore

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Launching legal action against these frauds!

Not going into details given legal action on foot but this company seems to be a serial fraudster. Note that Stayz and HomeAway are the same company. They are good at refusing or trying to refuse refunds and try to make people wait 3-4 weeks. I just told them I am suing them, so if anyone else wants to get back a refund of $5,000 or more or can build a case around having lost more than just their accommodation booking (e.g. a family member got sick or injured) I will gladly take them to court for you.

Now a lot wiser

Now a lot wiserSydney, NSW

Be aware your booking is not binding.

Your booking is not final/confirmed nor binding on the owner or Stayz even if you have paid the deposit/full amount. The owner can cancel at the last minute without any compensation to you but they can impose harsh penalty on the guest if cancellation request is reversed. Stayz can't help and your rights are zero. Be aware if you use them as your accommodation booking service.

Annoyed

AnnoyedPerth, WA

Stayz took our money & won't give it back & cannot be contacted by phone

They canceled the booking within hrs of us booking it now no one wants to help us. We just want to take our 3yr old away now the money we set aside for our holiday has been taken for a week & we don't know if we can get a new booking once we eventually get our money back

Disappointed

DisappointedHobart, TAS

Disgraceful refund procedure!!

Absolutely appalled that a refund for a cancelled booking, made the day I placed the booking, 2 months in advance of stay & it is going to take 3 - 4 weeks to get my refund of $800+
As a single parent on a pension this has huge impacts & is disgraceful!! I'll never book through Stayz again!!!

Thomatbr

ThomatbrSydney, NSW

Not properly refunded

I booked a house to stay at a few months in advance. After cancelling my booking within the 100% refund period, I didn't receive a full refund. I was refunded about 70% of what I paid. Very deceitful.

Kumin Sucker

Kumin SuckerPerth, WA

Stayz.com.Perth booking recently,How is this Site Legal.

l live in Thornlie,thought id book a holiday home in Lancelin, online Stayz prevalent all over net,i found a Property booked with credit card,tried to log into air bnb and stayz.i could'nt access.I had to go back Online,find Property,log on and find Owners ph no .At least i spoke to Owner,he Confirmed,he would text me address and rules and regulations,regarding Holiday Home.I was quite Surprised to have to provide our Own Blankets,Sheets n Pillow Cases,Towels and Tea towels @$235 aus per Night,something that is not directly spelled out in Booking Accommodation.

Cancelled the booking just 2 days before check in date

Stay AWAY from Stayz! No accountability

I booked a property and paid the money for it. Within a few days, the property owner/ manager cancelled the booking without any reason. Stayz refused to do anything about it and asked me to contact the owner/ manager to sort it out! I lost thousands of dollars as I had to then book a much more expensive property.

Absolute Scam!

Booked accommodation for Christmas holidays over 4 months ago. Paid a large deposit which was promptly deducted from our bank account. We received a short, blunt email yesterday saying that the owners want to use the house the week of our holiday so it is now cancelled. Apparently all owners can legally do this to any booking at anytime, so don’t have your heart set on accommodation until you actually arrive even if you have paid. Very unprofessional and not a legitimate way to book a holiday.

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.