Stayz

Stayz

• Trip Completed Yes (7) · No (3)
  • Ease of Booking
Maggie M

Maggie MGoldfields, WA

Property for rental.

Spent one week at a property booked through Stayz in Victoria Park. It was not as advertised, many issues with it, not good value for $$. Would not book with Stayz again.

Olly H

Olly H

Won't post negative reviews

The property we booked through Stayz was in really poor condition - unclean, stove not working, lights not working, bad local management firm. We wrote a fair but 2-star review with positives and negatives, it was not posted on the site. Interestingly no reviews have been posted for the month prior to our stay (summer holidays).
In addition to this, Stayz did not keep our credit card details private. Do not want to use this service again.

No support from Stayz

Stayz don't seem to have any post-booking support. In the event you have an issue with your booking, there seems to be no surveillance of correspondence by the Stayz team. I have left four messages for my host and have had no reply. The Stayz site provides no option for me speak with one of their team, or indeed anyone. I'm envious of the support my friends are having while dealing with Air B&B at this difficult time.

mandamoo85

mandamoo85

DAMAGE DEPOSIT why are they taking ages to refund that?

81 Bay St patonga

We stayed at this property and after cleaning and vacating the property we were charged a additional charge to clean the BBQ which would be ok had we used it which we did not
After raising our concerns with The letting agent
We were not refunded nor did the agent contact us
I could not recommend this property or this agent
After paying $1,700 aud you would think the agent would at least reply to our complaint but no we were just ignored
Before booking this property ask yourself would you be happy to receive this treatment

Refunds for coronavirus situation not helpful

Booked stayz in deer valley.coronavirus became a major issue with international and local flights.i received total refunds for cancelled flights tours tickets etc-BUT NOt from my booking with StAYZ -where the risk is high to travel
very unfair !

kazabs

kazabsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Strange behaviour

Nemo

Nemo

False advertising. Photos not showing huge house being built on same land meters away.

Property at 393 Elizabeth Drive, Vincentia, NSW. Photos show beautiful views of green paddock from verandah and dining room down into the park. Aerial photos show an empty block in front. However, a huge house is being built there and the view is now obstructed by an ugly construction with scaffolding and privacy compromised.

Vicki

VickiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tumby Bay. The Loft

We booked through Stayz. Linen fee $10 per person - 2 adults stayed. Charged $30 for linen - this was the first weekend in October. Still no outcome despite contacting property manager. As for the property- owners forgot to leave the key and we had to access through a shed roller door anytime we wanted to go outside. Property not clean, bins overflowing in both kitchen and bathroom. Fridge not functioning properly, we had to use our esky for 24 hours until a bar fridge could be sourced for us to use. No dishwashing liquid and dirty coffee mugs and sticky cutlery - NOT happy with the speed of NO response or any refund offered.

C and I R

C and I RDarling Downs, QLD

Won't book with them again

We also posted a factual review regarding property at Quiet Dog Friendly Golden Beach Home. Unlike your review ours was.. posted only to recieve a curt, non factual reply from owner who maintained her fences were 5 foot high (maybe on 1 side but actually a 800mm weldmesh fence on the other which in fact our poms could jump over) and property not as in their photo's. Can't believe Homeaway does not investigate before allowing owner to reply with deception. Not to mention we were out of pocket purchasing materials to keep our fur babies in and safe and she got all uppity because we left it there attached by small zippy ties which only needed snipping to dismantle.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Misleading!

We booked the Surfing Seal at Seal Rocks. A 3 bed house that cost over $500 p/n. Expected the advertised inclusions....but no washing machine, no internet connectivity at all the whole time, air con (was a portable air con that you to fit yourself but the hose attachment didn’t fit!), peeling paint, cracks on the glass slide doors, 3 kids bunked in on the floors in our part of the main house so the extra 2 bedrooms we paid for were a waste of money as the wire doors don’t lock, and the smell from septic system...STAYZ needs to verify properties and ensure it up to standard. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Trip CompletedYes
Booking TypeAccommodation

Review not posted

I also posted a review of a property in January. I was quite positive but made some recommendations that I thought were pertinent especially for a property that you paid 4,500 for a week, This review has also not been posted. I have used stayz for many years but this is the first time I have used them since they changed to homeaway/stayz. I also had to wait over a week for my bond to be refunded. I think I will look at using airbnb in the future.

bigboyblue

bigboyblueChidlow

Poor site filters

When searching for properties I set the price fiter to the maximum amount I was looking to pay. However, the site jusy pumps out properties of any price it feels like. Most of them were double to treble the amount I had entered. So frustrating and time wasting. Bad Luck Stayz, I used another booking site instead!!!

Eric the Viking

Eric the VikingSouthern and Hills, SA

Sea Stone Cottage, Kangaroo Island

lc023

lc023Brisbane

Be aware of how hard it is to cancel ....! Do your due diligence and read the reviews

Joan Handasyde

Joan HandasydeMelbourne

Unhelpful

Apollo bay, property beautiful when you eventually find it! Wrong directions given, phone number(landline) not connected, main living area in the house and master bedroom plagued with centipedes, windows covered in cobwebs and spiders present in the house. When eventually got onto property manager they were not interested.Would not recommend.
Was unable to post a review on property on stayz, wonder why!!

It wasnt broke so why change it?

Riverside
Riverside
Jodie

JodieGreat Southern, WA

What have they done?

We have our accommodation property listed with Stayz for several years. Over this time we have enjoyed very good occupancy with 80 percent or more of our bookings coming through them. Since the transfer to Homeaway, we had two bookings come through in perhaps the first couple of weeks. Since then it has been dormant. I can only imagine that is the additional booking fees that Homeaway are adding on that is driving potential guests away. Our accommodation is a budget property but with these extra fees added on it drives the price up too high for guests looking at budget properties.

dinky

dinkyechuca

Angry with being forced to migrate to Home away from Stayz and now no inquiries

I absolutely agree with your comments. We were forced to migrate to Home Away. I had 5 properties listed with Stayz and it worked quite well. I have sold 3 of them and still have 2 exclusive properties booked with Stayz, or should I say HOME AWAY. What an experience it has been. The website is so complicated and takes ages to complete, however that is not the worst problem NO INQUIRIES is by far worse. I rang Stayz today and they say that there a lot of people complaining and also not receiving any inquiries. This is also my livlihood and I dont know who to go to, to resolve it. I asked to go back through Stayz and that is not possible.

Yogi

YogiDaylesford

Home Away..BAD NEWS

As a property owner in the central Victorian region I have been extremely disappointed, to say the least at the, at the clunky and unprofessional manner in which Stayz / Home Away has handled the changeover from one to the other. My listing is now at the end of page 6 after working hard to build my ranking over the past 2 and a half years and listed under a little known hamlet by name only known to locals. I am sure I will get very few bookings from this listing.
BEWARE HOME AWAY.

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.