Stayz

Stayz

• Trip Completed Yes (2) · No (1)
  • Ease of Booking

Still waiting on our refund, not good enough

Still waiting on refund from June long weekend, very poor service from stayz will certainly thing twice about booking again, our accommodation was excellent , could not ask for a better weekend. Just disappointed that it takes so long to get our refund.

JEB

JEBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Damage deposit

Everything about booking and staying has been great but return of the damage deposit is too slow. It means that they hold on to $800 from the time you book until they get around to refunding it- multiply that by countless bookings and it’s a very tidy sum to have accruing interest.

Ease of Booking
Trip CompletedYes
Sherrie

Sherrie

Finally refunded.

Finally refunded. Took a while but finally refunded. Wasn't the easiest process... Hope everyone else receives a refund? Was a difficult process. Hope everyone gets refunded appropriately. Thank goodness ... Thanks!

Holidaymakers beware

After a pleasant holiday and fairly easy booking procedure. I was informed that I could only get 50% of my bond back even though the owner stated the rental was left in perfect condition. This has now been rectified. My advice book direct with property owners or hotels. Better deals and the money stays in Australia not America. David

Ease of Booking
Booking TypeAccommodation

No reviews of house I was looking at

I stayed at a pet friendly house in Oceania court in Yamba NSW it was a nice stay and a nice house but I had to change sheets and vacuum on arrival and there were other cleaning issues and they house was a deceased estate with most of the previous owners stuff left for people to use a bit gross. I contacted the owner with my concerns rather than put it on the reviews page hoping it would make a difference and the place would be cleaned up and made better. However after a couple more bad reviews there is now no longer an option for reviews on this property. You cannot contact Stayz to report it not good at all potential renters should be able to see reviews to make a choice.

Stayz rip off security deposit

I booked a stayz (homeaway) rental last month, the owner was great, in contact all the time and very accomodating.
But $559NZD was taken from my credit card as a security deposit and $530NZD was returned 3 weeks later.
Seem unfair that the amount can't just be held as pending. That I lose $30 as a reward for having $560 taken off my credit card while on holiday? I won't be booking through them again.

Cleanliness not a concern here

If location is important then we chose a great spot. If cleanliness and decent facilities and equipment rate then you would be disappointed. Apparently building to be knocked down and replaced. A good idea.

Beachholidays

BeachholidaysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lilli Pilli Allawah Malua Bay, South Coast Holiday House / Disappointing

Recently stayed at Lilli Pilli Holiday House in Malua Bay - sadly upon arrival the pool was green and murky :( (according to the owners, this is apparently o.k. - really ???)
I am unable to leave any feedback for future guests/travellers due to the property owner placing restrictions on their Stayz/HomeAway page to avoid any negative feedback being left . . . seems unfair, after spending more than $2,000 on accommodation, and not being able to leave any feedback ???
Trying to resolve any issues with these property owners have become frustrating and tiresome and impossible. . . I would avoid using Stayz/HomeAway for future holidays . . . the system appears to be predominately one sided, favouring the property owner .

David

DavidAdelaide

Opps. Double booked - sorry!

guy.stevens.96

guy.stevens.96AU

Improved website makes it a worth a look

Pops

PopsMelbourne

We couldn’t have picked a better place to stay

Hi just want to let people know we had a perfect stay at inverloch. The property we stayed at was the best we have stayed in and we would recommend this property highly to anyone. The owner of the property could not have done enough for us, it would be a great place for family. We will definitely stay there again

Robyn

RobynBrisbane

Which system to book a holiday?

Stayz is much better than it was. Having been taken over by Homeaway in US it suffered for some time, but is now improved. It's booking system seems to be more transparent than that of Airbnb. However, if you can book directly with the property owner it is probably a better system all around - go by the reviews. .

Mike T

Mike TWhangaparaoa

Something to be aware of

We have just returned to NZ from a stay in Sydney and used Stayz to book the accommodation. All the arrangements from the point of view of Stayz went well, although the owner changed our agreed arrangements for one night of the stay when we arrived because she had received a booking she couldn't turn down. One thing to be aware of is that since we paid the A$400 deposit from NZ by credit card, once the exchange rate and bank charges were taken into account we were NZ$25.50 worse off when it was repaid. It could have been even worse but the exchange rate moved in our favour!

Ollie

OllieSydney

Satisfactory

I found my experience with Stayz to be quite satisfactory. They have changed their booking system so I could pay with my CC which I prefer. Quite user friendly.

Call center is very unskilled, Philippines based

HD16

HD16Sydney, NSW

Available dates incorrect

I've sent messages to several accommodation properties and some say 'response within 24 hrs' which never happens. The ones I chase up on say that actually their properties are not available even though the dates ARE available on the website.

Owners/Managers fail to update the details which is a waste of time.

Unhappy stayz owner

Am now listed on various other sites. Booking.com does not even need a credit card to book. Like the old stayz, they can just make an enquiry And it holds the dates for them till you get back to them. and then you can take payment direct to yourself.

debra

debrasydney

change your attidude about your hoiliday home

pominoz

pominozSydney

Not Very Pet Friendly

double charged

Can you please contact me as i have had 2 charges for the same accommodation taken from my account . Thanks

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323
Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.