2.3

• Return Claim MadeYes (6) · No
  • Job Satisfaction
Pradeep W.

Pradeep W.Sydney, NSW

Excellent installation and quite happy

Happy with how everything went. The installer is really good and told how to maintain and other information. Product looks really good quality. Had a few issues with invoicing though.

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Hi Pradeep, thank you for your review and we're so glad you were happy with how everything went.

Jayne

JayneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Garage doors

My parents are very happy with their new garage doors. They look great and are extremely quiet, moving up or down effortlessly. The installation was of a high standard, meticulous and accomodating.

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Hi Jayne, thank you for your review... we are pleased to make your parents so happy.

Very disappointed with the product and the response I got from the manager at Campbell Field

Door & Window Shops

Find out how Steel-Line Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Worst service ever received

Left message to be called back to take particular of the job to be booked in, no phone call back, when booked in, the job was not done and not even working after the technician left when said it was working, had to come back, which ended up weeks later, even though request to fix their bodged up service work.
eventually fixed after constant calling, will never deal with Steel Line Garage Doors in Cairns ever again

Review collected in partnership with Steel-Line Garage Doors

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Defective product and refusal to honour warranty

I purchased a garage door from Steel-Line less than two years. It started falling apart, so I contacted Steel-Line and sent them pictures of the defective parts of the garage door, and they said that the door would need to be replaced. I then informed them then that it was still under warranty, and they denied that they were obliged to honour the warranty, or do anything about the defective door. I actually had to sue them in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get any action out of them. They then said that they would refund me the money for the defective door if that would settle the case against them, but they have not actually refunded me the money as yet. Avoid using them.

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worse product ever!.

The motors I’ve brought keeps breaking down. You have sent a technician 4 times to replace the motor and yet it’s still having problems. After our warranty is over I’ll never be coming back to this company.

See all Steel-Line Garage Doors reviews

yassa

yassaasked

my garage door does not open or close with remote . this is so frustrating when trying to park my car or leave for work ! even when standing inside the garage it takes a good 1000 presses for it to then open or close ! what could be this problem ive reset and reprogrammed everything multiple times and still nothing ! HELP ME PLEASE

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Yassa, we are unable to locate you on our system. Would you be so kind to email your contact details to sales@steel-line.com so we can resolve this for you.

Guyasked

Our Steel-line door model ST50EVOB1 has stopped opening. Other problems include not travelling more than 12 inches in either direction before stopping. Constantly pressing the remotes or the manual button moves the door but the reprogramming does not work when the reprogramming instructions are followed and the door is in this faulty on-off mode. Now the door is in the closed position and when opening the door using the button on the motor, it just opens 6 inches and closes. I have deleted the code on the remote handset and the inside remote panel. That is where I'm at with this frustrating exercise. All hinges and the main spring have been sprayed with good quality silicone.

roslyn s.

My 2 steel line doors were installed September last year. They are a different model to yours apparently which are cfg-00301125 which cost $632 each. They are so far working perfectly with my Merlin opener but I notice there is a label attached which says " do not lubricate tracks". So far so good for me but I do hope your problem is eventually resolved if all else fails you could take your issue to the ombudsman. I had a similar problem like yours with my previous B & D roller door. Hope I have helped. Best wishes. Roslyn.

Guy

Thanks Roslyn, i didnt lubricate the tracks as they are rubber. Cheers

Guy

I know its been a while but I would like to thank the people who responded. It finished with me calling the manufacture of the motor. They referred me to an installer who fitted a motor for the 6 meter wide panel door that the builder got installed. The original motor was for a single car garage door.

Luigi S.

Luigi S.asked

I have a door in Sydney with the ST50EVOB1 installed. The opening/closing command of the remote control works perfectly. The wall push button has suddenly stopped working. What could be the problem? Please note: 1) external wiring and push button are ok; 2) even making a direct connection (between the two (of 4 green) electrical terminals where the 2 wires from the push button are connected) the system doesn't work. The two small microswitch shown with "+" and "-" work well (+ as "open/stop" and - as "closing/stop"). Please answer me at : [details removed] (Simonetta)

roslyn s.

Hi. At the recommendation of my neighbour a well respected building inspector I used Steel line for my garage doors back in September. I have only used my remote to open the door which apparently work perfect like yours. In terms of the problems you are having they seem to be of an electrical nature which so far mine does not have. I assume you have been in contact with steel line to check your system but if all else fails perhaps an independent electrician may be consulted for his input or as a last resort the ombudsman. Hope this helps. Regards Rossie.

Get an answer from our members and Steel-Line Garage Doors representatives