Steel-Line Garage Doors

Steel-Line Garage Doors (page 2 of 3)

• Job Satisfaction

Brett

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paint worn off new door

Very bad customer service

I booked a service job just 2 years old garage door and some one from office says that he noted and pass it into the relevant support agent. After 2 weeks I called them again and ask about the update and they didn't even pass the details to the nearest agent. Then I got a call from agent says that they need a another week or two to come down. Because of the builder (Rowden Hills they said that they are not responsible) install the door we are not getting any discount for the relatively new door and we need to pay $165 for call out + $50 for travelling + Parts + don't no what else. Be aware this...

Sam E

Thanks for trying. I changed the Motor with a better one. Because someone from nearest office said that, it will cost me $165+50+550 for replacing the motor and another company did that just for $600 with 5Y warranty.

Shannon L

Shannon LBrisbane

Terrible service, sloppy work & damaged product

after sales service

Trying to get a door adjusted one month after installation was a nightmare. The automated phone system stinks. I had a verbal agreement for a service on an agreed day and time. Because I did not get the automated message they did not turn up. After another verbal agreement on a time and date, according to the automated phone system it was cancelled because I did not reply on time. Very frustrating. Fortunately the contractor did arrive during the rescheduled time and was very pleasant to deal with because my interactions with the Steel-line staff were not. I can understand why they have to use an automated system.

Brad

BradSydney

Terrible quality doors that are very flimsy. Can I give it a minus star?

William L.Hobart, TAS

Don't waste your time dealing with them!

Hi Sandra

An email was sent your address : sales@steel-line.com.au on the 21st June! As my husband works - email communication is the best form of contact for him! We are still waiting to be contacted!
Regards Cathy Ling

Dennis

DennisSunshine Coast

Useless

I had house built by Metricon where this guys installed our garage doors. Quality of assembly was very poor and I had to tighten every single bolt and screw by myself in order to make gates work quietly. That's ok, not a big deal. But when I lost one of my remotes I had to contact Steel-Line and ask for replacement. I was quoted $50 for new remote and $50 for adding it to the gate opener. I was waiting for 1 month.. and no result. Then I just bought one from Ebay for $40 (original Steel-Line), received in 2 days and added it to the opener in 10 seconds by provided manual. Ebay seller - 5 stars, Steel Line - zero (in other words "useless").

Terrible service

Do not use these guys. Ever. Damaged our door on the initial installation and have left us waiting months to repair it. Multiple no shows for scheduled repairs. You cannot trust this business.

murray

murraydevonport

very poor doors and service

2014 had 2 steel-line doors installed now 2018 and 2 replacement doors later i still do not have a door that is not binding metal to metal tasmanian rep do not seem interested so if buying roller doors i would not recommend steel-line

Samuel PSydney

Do not order your door through this company

Samuel P

After sending out a technician, we thought the issue was resolved. But a few weeks later the door broke again (for the third time). We have now had the door fixed again and it appears to be working.

Stay Away

Poor communication from Sales staff - was forever having to following never got any call backs or response. Upon following on the order after payment was made they couldn't find it because it was entered correctly by the sales agent, again had to harass for any corm of contact from him to which he was rude. Simple instructions couldn't be followed from them as to email me in all correspondence. Upon requesting remotes the staff member was rude on the phone because I told them we just had the garage door installed don't they have the details!!!!
Would never use them ever, only had to because it was the clients choice.

M. ClarkeMelbourne

Two month old garage door fell onto brand new car causing damage.

We had a garage Steel-line door for 20 years and were happy with it so used this company again for our new home. Unfortunately this time we are very disappointed the door keeps malfunctioning. My daughter was backing out her car and the door fell onto the roof of her brand new two week old car damaging it and the garage door. We have contacted the company but they have not replied. The door is only two months old and should not be malfunctioning however every now and then it stops half way up. For a $6000 door this is unacceptable we will be pursuing this matter further. I do not recommend anyone use this company.

M. Clarke

Steel-Line Garage Doors contacted me after this review and have now repaired the damage to my garage door, thank you Lincoln. However they refused to to anything about my daughters car. The door seems to be functioning well so far.

Tony

TonyQuakers Hill

Poor and Unprofessional service

Bad Communication!!!

Bad Advice.

Asked for quote on installing remote control to existing double garage doors. Was told old doors need to be replaced as they were too old and would not function with a motor attached. Cost was nearly $4,500 for two new garage doors. Sort another opinion and was told doors only needed a little lubricating and cleaning. Was then quoted $500 to install motor to existing doors. Saved myself $4,000. Huge saving.

IshkaaAU

Customer service is lousy to say the least.

Garage door opener failed exactly on 4 yrs old. Phoned 1800 number only to get a surly bloke on the other end who begrudgingly gave me the number of local company. Phoned them at 8am. Got a call back at 2.45pm to say they could get someone out the next afternoon but we would be charged as out of warranty ( so much for the 5yr warranty ) They also said since we had not had it serviced we could not expect it to last. I actually told them that we were never told it needed to be serviced on a yearly basis. I have never had a garage door opener fail at 4 yrs! Decided to install one ourselves as it is not exactly brain surgery and why pay these Bozo's?

Ishkaa

Terrible service and pure ripping off

I have a steel-line garage door installed, but it constantly caused trouble to me. The service is terrible and every time they charge dearly for call-out fee. Service people are rude. I would rate it 0.

Gav

GavMelbourne

Poor customer service at Victorian Head office

No call backs, no reply to emails trying to request for quotes. Staff are mostly rude and don't seem to care about gaining business or looking after their customers. I have been calling them daily with promises for quotes broken each and every time.

Both remotes stopped working in two months.

They charged me for new remote though everything was in warranty. Did not like customer service. Very very disappointed . There is twelve month warranty, they should replace for free.

Naomi

NaomiAdelaide

Terrible customer service

If they had a rating of 0 stars this is what Steel Line would get. As per others experience the after sales service is non existent. My Decowood roller door was installed and scratched during the installation process. Steel Line advised me that someone would call me back every time I made contact and then no follow up at all. I asked for touch up paint rather than a replacement and this was still ignored. Definitely advising everyone to steer clear of using this company.

See all Steel-Line Garage Doors reviews

yassa

yassaasked

my garage door does not open or close with remote . this is so frustrating when trying to park my car or leave for work ! even when standing inside the garage it takes a good 1000 presses for it to then open or close ! what could be this problem ive reset and reprogrammed everything multiple times and still nothing ! HELP ME PLEASE

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Yassa, we are unable to locate you on our system. Would you be so kind to email your contact details to sales@steel-line.com so we can resolve this for you.

Guyasked

Our Steel-line door model ST50EVOB1 has stopped opening. Other problems include not travelling more than 12 inches in either direction before stopping. Constantly pressing the remotes or the manual button moves the door but the reprogramming does not work when the reprogramming instructions are followed and the door is in this faulty on-off mode. Now the door is in the closed position and when opening the door using the button on the motor, it just opens 6 inches and closes. I have deleted the code on the remote handset and the inside remote panel. That is where I'm at with this frustrating exercise. All hinges and the main spring have been sprayed with good quality silicone.

roslyn s.

My 2 steel line doors were installed September last year. They are a different model to yours apparently which are cfg-00301125 which cost $632 each. They are so far working perfectly with my Merlin opener but I notice there is a label attached which says " do not lubricate tracks". So far so good for me but I do hope your problem is eventually resolved if all else fails you could take your issue to the ombudsman. I had a similar problem like yours with my previous B & D roller door. Hope I have helped. Best wishes. Roslyn.

Guy

Thanks Roslyn, i didnt lubricate the tracks as they are rubber. Cheers

Guy

I know its been a while but I would like to thank the people who responded. It finished with me calling the manufacture of the motor. They referred me to an installer who fitted a motor for the 6 meter wide panel door that the builder got installed. The original motor was for a single car garage door.

Luigi S.

Luigi S.asked

I have a door in Sydney with the ST50EVOB1 installed. The opening/closing command of the remote control works perfectly. The wall push button has suddenly stopped working. What could be the problem? Please note: 1) external wiring and push button are ok; 2) even making a direct connection (between the two (of 4 green) electrical terminals where the 2 wires from the push button are connected) the system doesn't work. The two small microswitch shown with "+" and "-" work well (+ as "open/stop" and - as "closing/stop"). Please answer me at : [details removed] (Simonetta)

roslyn s.

Hi. At the recommendation of my neighbour a well respected building inspector I used Steel line for my garage doors back in September. I have only used my remote to open the door which apparently work perfect like yours. In terms of the problems you are having they seem to be of an electrical nature which so far mine does not have. I assume you have been in contact with steel line to check your system but if all else fails perhaps an independent electrician may be consulted for his input or as a last resort the ombudsman. Hope this helps. Regards Rossie.

Get an answer from our members and Steel-Line Garage Doors representatives