• Job Satisfaction

Assistance required door won’t open

Called service advised door won’t open at all other than manual and that means it also unlocked . Left message. They can’t even advise how long it will take for a call back, not even an approximate . Left hanging and just waiting . Got to be better than that . Should be able to provide at least an idea . I asked it is 24 hours or 36, 48 or what . Was advised they don’t know .

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Hi Paul, it's disappointing to read your review and we'd like to follow this up immediately. Would you kindly send your contact details and the branch you are dealing with to sales@steel-line.com.au so we can investigate. Thank you.

Paul
Paul

Thank you for the prompt assistance, follow up and attention today to resolving a booking and appointment . Very much appreciated .

Per

Per

Very disappointing unprofessional service

Christine S.

Christine S.Central Queensland, QLD

Steelline industrial door DISSAPOINTMENT

These Steeline industrial windguard doors are too heavy to open and we cant get continuing service from them .We have had broken springs broken gears in under the chain.we are unhappy with these doors

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Christine S, as we are unable to locate you on our system, would you be so kind to email your contact details to sales@steel-line.com.au so we could look into this for you. Thank you.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor customer service

Noel O'Neil

Noel O'NeilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst company to deal with

After having to pay in full before door arrived, I got door installed, worst door ever after 4 attempts to make a door and having to continually chase them I am now left with a terrible door that does not fit properly and now no communication from them. NEVER do business with this company

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Noel, we are sorry that you feel this way about your experience and apologize for any inconvenience caused. It was a difficult job and we are pleased we could resolve the issues and complete it to your satisfaction.

Darren in Adelaide

Darren in AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor Communication

Have needed recently some assistance with our roller doors. Contacted amongst others, Steel Line. Receptionist was helpful and friendly and so I proceeded to book a tech call out. After checking the day before the scheduled visit they didn’t show. Subsequently claimed they were trying to make contact with me by way of text messages, which was not the case. Have gone elsewhere. If you choose to deal with this company establish an agreed mode of communication firstly. Very frustrating as wifey waited at home all day. Regards, Darren.

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Darren, please accept our apologies that there was a break down in our communication that inconvenienced you. Please rest assured this is not our procedure and unfortunately we didn't give you the service that you deserve on this occasion.

laurierayr

laurierayrSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service whatsoever.

Eric

EricSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality and workmanship garage doors.

Steeline only offers a 3 year warranty. Single garage door paint started bubbling and flaking off badly. Was replaced at 5 years and now a year later the double garage door is doing the same. The installer said he has never seen this before so could be why the single door was replaced. Now they don't want to know about it and using the 3 year warranty as a excuse. Don't know about anyone out there but have not seen this in my life time or know anyone that has the same issue but know it should not do this at 5 and 6 years old.

Luckynoonewashurt

Luckynoonewashurt

Motor fell out of ceiling!

Customer service is atrocious! My garage door motor just fell out of ceiling due to poor installation. It wasn’t screwed into any ceiling beams and no ceiling plugs we’re used. They said it wasn’t covered by warranty as it was more than 12mnths old. It narrowly missed my son and dog and landed on my car due to it been installed wrong how is that anyone else’s fault but the company.

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear luckynoonewashurt, unfortunately we were unable to assist on this occasion due to the age of your motors installation and not having had the required servicing. We apologize for not being able to assist you in this matter.

Find out how Steel-Line Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

WA company is poor. Had to have a 2nd company come in and fix the issues.

Steel-line installed a roller door and a sectional door.
The roller door was always difficult to open and the sectional door was slow and getting noisier. I requested Steel-line to come and do a service with a focus on the opening speed and noise of the sectional door and making the roller door easier to open.
No change in the sectional door and the roller door became hard to open within a week.
Steel-line did come out and sprayed some silicone.
Month later I had another company out who fixed the section door noise and and the roller door.
Asked steel-line for a refund twice , brush off first time and "put it to the manger 2nd time".

Job Satisfaction

Product good , very poor service

Quoted 2 to 3 weeks , after 4 weeks and half cost in deposit , they lost my order, then told me installation time and date , gave up morning work to stay home , they did not turn up , no phone call nothing, then they wanted full payment before completing job . Received doors at 5 weeks doors good , installers great . If I had my time again , no way would I deal with them

Absolute Joke

Ordered Garage doors through Steel Line Mayfield, NSW. Were over 2 months late in delivery and did not return 1 of my 6 phone calls trying to find out when they were coming. On the day of install, some parts never turned up to make the doors operational. 3 weeks later and after numerous phone calls that have not been returned, I got hold of someone who said that install will be today. After staying home until Midday, I made a follow up call and was told somebody would call me back. After expressing my frustration, I was called back and blatantly lied to saying I had the install dates mixed up and it won't be until Thursday.
In summary, I would strongly recommend you purchase doors through somebody else.

Michael
Michael

Your poor and ill informed response pretty much sums up your customer service. Just more disappointment really but at this stage, I would expect nothing less. Well done.

Very disappointed with the product and the response I got from the manager at Campbell Field

Worst service ever received

Left message to be called back to take particular of the job to be booked in, no phone call back, when booked in, the job was not done and not even working after the technician left when said it was working, had to come back, which ended up weeks later, even though request to fix their bodged up service work.
eventually fixed after constant calling, will never deal with Steel Line Garage Doors in Cairns ever again

Review collected in partnership with Steel-Line Garage Doors

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Defective product and refusal to honour warranty

I purchased a garage door from Steel-Line less than two years. It started falling apart, so I contacted Steel-Line and sent them pictures of the defective parts of the garage door, and they said that the door would need to be replaced. I then informed them then that it was still under warranty, and they denied that they were obliged to honour the warranty, or do anything about the defective door. I actually had to sue them in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get any action out of them. They then said that they would refund me the money for the defective door if that would settle the case against them, but they have not actually refunded me the money as yet. Avoid using them.

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worse product ever!.

The motors I’ve brought keeps breaking down. You have sent a technician 4 times to replace the motor and yet it’s still having problems. After our warranty is over I’ll never be coming back to this company.

Job Satisfaction

Business must be great if you can ignore new customers

Obviously this company is doing so well it can afford to ignore potential customers who contact them repeatedly to get a quote. First it was someone will contact you next business day. Then it was someone will contact you soon. After that they didn't bother to respond. If getting a quote is so difficult I can only imagine how bad getting a door supplied and installed would be.

Gone elsewhere
Gone elsewhere

annoyedcairns

Thieves

Over the top charge just to come and have a look. Then charged more to do the job than the quote. STAY AWAY!!

Brett

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paint worn off new door

Very bad customer service

I booked a service job just 2 years old garage door and some one from office says that he noted and pass it into the relevant support agent. After 2 weeks I called them again and ask about the update and they didn't even pass the details to the nearest agent. Then I got a call from agent says that they need a another week or two to come down. Because of the builder (Rowden Hills they said that they are not responsible) install the door we are not getting any discount for the relatively new door and we need to pay $165 for call out + $50 for travelling + Parts + don't no what else. Be aware this...

Sam E

Thanks for trying. I changed the Motor with a better one. Because someone from nearest office said that, it will cost me $165+50+550 for replacing the motor and another company did that just for $600 with 5Y warranty.

See all Steel-Line Garage Doors reviews

yassa

yassaasked

my garage door does not open or close with remote . this is so frustrating when trying to park my car or leave for work ! even when standing inside the garage it takes a good 1000 presses for it to then open or close ! what could be this problem ive reset and reprogrammed everything multiple times and still nothing ! HELP ME PLEASE

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Yassa, we are unable to locate you on our system. Would you be so kind to email your contact details to sales@steel-line.com so we can resolve this for you.

Guyasked

Our Steel-line door model ST50EVOB1 has stopped opening. Other problems include not travelling more than 12 inches in either direction before stopping. Constantly pressing the remotes or the manual button moves the door but the reprogramming does not work when the reprogramming instructions are followed and the door is in this faulty on-off mode. Now the door is in the closed position and when opening the door using the button on the motor, it just opens 6 inches and closes. I have deleted the code on the remote handset and the inside remote panel. That is where I'm at with this frustrating exercise. All hinges and the main spring have been sprayed with good quality silicone.

roslyn s.

My 2 steel line doors were installed September last year. They are a different model to yours apparently which are cfg-00301125 which cost $632 each. They are so far working perfectly with my Merlin opener but I notice there is a label attached which says " do not lubricate tracks". So far so good for me but I do hope your problem is eventually resolved if all else fails you could take your issue to the ombudsman. I had a similar problem like yours with my previous B & D roller door. Hope I have helped. Best wishes. Roslyn.

Guy

Thanks Roslyn, i didnt lubricate the tracks as they are rubber. Cheers

Guy

I know its been a while but I would like to thank the people who responded. It finished with me calling the manufacture of the motor. They referred me to an installer who fitted a motor for the 6 meter wide panel door that the builder got installed. The original motor was for a single car garage door.

Luigi S.

Luigi S.asked

I have a door in Sydney with the ST50EVOB1 installed. The opening/closing command of the remote control works perfectly. The wall push button has suddenly stopped working. What could be the problem? Please note: 1) external wiring and push button are ok; 2) even making a direct connection (between the two (of 4 green) electrical terminals where the 2 wires from the push button are connected) the system doesn't work. The two small microswitch shown with "+" and "-" work well (+ as "open/stop" and - as "closing/stop"). Please answer me at : [details removed] (Simonetta)

roslyn s.

Hi. At the recommendation of my neighbour a well respected building inspector I used Steel line for my garage doors back in September. I have only used my remote to open the door which apparently work perfect like yours. In terms of the problems you are having they seem to be of an electrical nature which so far mine does not have. I assume you have been in contact with steel line to check your system but if all else fails perhaps an independent electrician may be consulted for his input or as a last resort the ombudsman. Hope this helps. Regards Rossie.

Get an answer from our members and Steel-Line Garage Doors representatives