• Job Satisfaction
Jacinta O

Jacinta OSydney

After sales service doesn’t exist

Job Satisfaction

JamesSydney, NSW

Different Information From Different People

Had a sales rep come out and look at our panel door, as it is making a loud noise every time it goes up or down. Sales rep said he could do something, and would go back to office and sort something out. The next day our builder got an email from their manager saying that these panel doors make this noise and it is normal! And it appears nothing now will happen. So obviously they do not want to try and fix the problem for their customers or are too lazy, or it is beyond them.
So we are not sure if the initial sales rep, just wanted to placate us, and said anything just to get away or not? Would definitely not recommend them to anyone.

James

2 staff came out and installed foam pads in each panel of garage door, and it has been improved 70%, now with noise reduction when it is being used.

malb

malb

Slow service

Initial contact and quote was good, although I was not keen on having to pay for the whole job prior to fit but that is the way they work.
After job was finished we discovered door did not go down correctly but would hesitate and roll up again. Contacted supplier and still waiting for repairs which has been over a week. Very poor communication as it was supposed to have been fixed by now but no contact made to let me know whats going on.

Door & Window Shops

Find out how Steel-Line Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Sam

Sam

Not deserve business

Want money in front before installation after that keeps changing date of installation few times. Did not make door possible to manually lock if power fails. Will not recommend them to anyone.

Terrible customer service Unanderra branch

My first contact with Steel-Line was good, when they came out to measure and quote that was fine. As soon as I'd paid a deposit and was told 3 weeks that's where it all went down hill!!! I had to ring 3 times to find out where my door was. The guy that installed it was efficient and I paid him the balance by card. 3 days later I get a tax invoice for the full amount!!! Then I call to complain and then no one rings me back to let me know all is paid and I owe nothing!!! NOT HAPPY AT ALL. They need to be taught customer service and the best way to get business is by word of mouth, so guess what??? I won't recommend them.

See all Steel-Line Garage Doors reviews

yassa

yassaasked

my garage door does not open or close with remote . this is so frustrating when trying to park my car or leave for work ! even when standing inside the garage it takes a good 1000 presses for it to then open or close ! what could be this problem ive reset and reprogrammed everything multiple times and still nothing ! HELP ME PLEASE

Steel L.Steel-Line Garage Doors

Dear Yassa, we are unable to locate you on our system. Would you be so kind to email your contact details to sales@steel-line.com so we can resolve this for you.

Guyasked

Our Steel-line door model ST50EVOB1 has stopped opening. Other problems include not travelling more than 12 inches in either direction before stopping. Constantly pressing the remotes or the manual button moves the door but the reprogramming does not work when the reprogramming instructions are followed and the door is in this faulty on-off mode. Now the door is in the closed position and when opening the door using the button on the motor, it just opens 6 inches and closes. I have deleted the code on the remote handset and the inside remote panel. That is where I'm at with this frustrating exercise. All hinges and the main spring have been sprayed with good quality silicone.

roslyn s.

My 2 steel line doors were installed September last year. They are a different model to yours apparently which are cfg-00301125 which cost $632 each. They are so far working perfectly with my Merlin opener but I notice there is a label attached which says " do not lubricate tracks". So far so good for me but I do hope your problem is eventually resolved if all else fails you could take your issue to the ombudsman. I had a similar problem like yours with my previous B & D roller door. Hope I have helped. Best wishes. Roslyn.

Guy

Thanks Roslyn, i didnt lubricate the tracks as they are rubber. Cheers

Guy

I know its been a while but I would like to thank the people who responded. It finished with me calling the manufacture of the motor. They referred me to an installer who fitted a motor for the 6 meter wide panel door that the builder got installed. The original motor was for a single car garage door.

Luigi S.

Luigi S.asked

I have a door in Sydney with the ST50EVOB1 installed. The opening/closing command of the remote control works perfectly. The wall push button has suddenly stopped working. What could be the problem? Please note: 1) external wiring and push button are ok; 2) even making a direct connection (between the two (of 4 green) electrical terminals where the 2 wires from the push button are connected) the system doesn't work. The two small microswitch shown with "+" and "-" work well (+ as "open/stop" and - as "closing/stop"). Please answer me at : [details removed] (Simonetta)

roslyn s.

Hi. At the recommendation of my neighbour a well respected building inspector I used Steel line for my garage doors back in September. I have only used my remote to open the door which apparently work perfect like yours. In terms of the problems you are having they seem to be of an electrical nature which so far mine does not have. I assume you have been in contact with steel line to check your system but if all else fails perhaps an independent electrician may be consulted for his input or as a last resort the ombudsman. Hope this helps. Regards Rossie.

Get an answer from our members and Steel-Line Garage Doors representatives