Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Steelcraft Baby Capsule Questions & Answers (page 2 of 7)

MPN: 60/A/2013/1

130 questions from our users

yourbabe80

yourbabe80asked

Can I use Britax Click n Go Unity Baby Capsule Lower Frame for Steelcraft baby capsule code 2210 (2010 year)?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi yourbabe80, thanks for your question. Only a 2013 STD Unity Capsule with the integrated Click & Go adapters can be used on a Click & Go Unity Lower frame. The Steelcraft baby Capsule is not compatible. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Garyb

Garybasked

Will a 2018 steel craft capsule fit in a 2015 steelcraft strider pram?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Garyb, thanks for your question. Can you please contact our consumer support team and advise us which Strider pram you are referring to so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jercy

Jercyasked

Can you put steelcraft capsule without the base in the car? I.e. for taxi

Jackie
Jackie

No Jercy I don’t think you can as it wouldn’t be safe for the baby at all

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jercy, thanks for your question. You cannot use a capsule in a vehicle without the base. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jasmin

Jasminasked

Will my strider plus capsule fit on my steel craft agile elite pram?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jasmin, Thanks for your question. Yes, the Steelcraft Strider Plus capsule can be used on the Steelcraft Agile Elite. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Neisha

Neishaasked

Are all steelcraft bases compatible with the capsules? I want to buy a second base but was hoping to purchase a second hand one but does it need to be the same year of manufacture?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Neisha, Thank you for your question. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 and advise us of the item details of the capsule so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Laura E.

Laura E.asked

I have just purchased a Steelcraft Strider Signature (in July 2019), would this pram be compatible with capsule - Strider Plus Carrier Black series 60/a/2010 (manufactured 22/10/2012)? Thanks

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Laura E. Thanks for your question. Yes the Steelcraft Strider Plus Infant Carrier 60/A/2010 STD is compatible with the Steelcraft Strider Signature. The connections on the Steelcraft Infant carriers have not changed. If you have any further questions please contact our customer care team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

bertie_24

bertie_24asked

Hi
is it still safe to use a steelcraft capsule and as a car seat and just for a pram??
It has a stamp of 19/9/2013.
Made to AS/NZS 1754:2010
Series 60/A/2010

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Bertie_24, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule is suitable for use in your vehicle and in a compatible travel system stroller.

Our recommendation on the lifespan is anything 10 years or older should not be used. We recommend replacement at 10 years, due to deterioration of the plastics used in the construction of modern restraints. A seat may have become brittle over time, and simply will not provide the same level of protection against impact. Older child restraints may not contain all the safety features of the latest Australian Standard. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Belinda

Belindaasked

Hello, Just wondering what the expiration date for series 60?A/2010 is? and if there is a weight restriction?

Thanks,
Belinda

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Belinda, thanks for your question. Our recommendation on the lifespan is anything 10 years or older should not be used. We recommend replacement at 10 years, due to deterioration of the plastics used in the construction of modern restraints. A seat may have become brittle over time, and simply will not provide the same level of protection against impact. Older child restraints may not contain all the safety features of the latest Australian Standard.

The 2010 series product has shoulder height marker that are to be use to assess suitable for your suitable, products no longer use weight as a guide. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

debbie

debbieasked

is a capsule series 60/A/2013/1 compatable with a strider compact pram

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Debbie, thanks for your question. The 60/A/2013 Steelcraft capsule is compatible with the Strider Compact pram. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Kaity Lyon

Kaity Lyonasked

Hi, I have a steelcraft capsule series 60/A/2010.
My 15 month old still has some room under the markers and I'm just wondering what the weight limit of these are as I can't find info anywhere. Thankyou.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Kaity, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule uses the shoulder height markers as a reference for suitability, if your little one is under the upper shoulder height marker then you can continue to use the capsule until your child reaches this marker. Weight is no longer a factor, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Emily

Emilyasked

Hi what kind of steelcraft capsule do I have I have the following number on it 06/A/2004

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Emily, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule (60/A/2004) is suitable up to 9kg. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Cheridan E.

Cheridan E.asked

Hi there I have just got a secondhand steelcraft capsule and it has also came with a travel tray . The date of the manufacture is 22/09/2014. I was just wanting to know when it expires ? The people I bought it of saids it expires on the 22/09/2024

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Cheridan E, thank you for you're question. A 10 year lifespan from date of manufacture is a recommendation for a capsule or restraint. Once the 10 years has exceeded we recommend updating you're restraint. If you have any further question, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Sheryll G

Sheryll Gasked

Hi i got a britqx steelcraft capsule manufactured oct 2012. Im just curious when is the expiration date? Thanks

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Sheryll G, Thank you for your question regarding the Steelcraft Baby Capsule. The expiration date is 10 years from date of manufacture. If you have any further questions, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Julia C

Julia Casked

Do all steelcraft capsules fit all steelcraft car bases?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Julia, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule based are all compatible with one another. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Stevie-lee C

Stevie-lee Casked

Hi there,
I bought a pram second hand, it is labelled a steelcraft accent. Could this have another name?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Stevie-lee, thanks for your question. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 with the Cat No from the stroller frame so we can provide you with the current information. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Stephk

Stephkasked

Hi - I have the steelcraft 2018 capsule and strider. I would like to buy a 2nd hand capsule base so my husband can have one in his car. Is the 2013 capsule ‘base’ compatible with a 2018 capsule if I buy it second hand?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Stephk, thanks for your question. The 2013 Steelcraft capsule base is compatible with the current 2018 Steelcraft capsule. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Gabriel A

Gabriel Aasked

I recently heard that it is unsafe to keep babies in car seat/capsules for long period of times and they are only meant for short trips and not to be used as a sleeping implement.Can you please advice on this?

Thakshi
Thakshi

Oh yes, that is very true. Please do not use car seats or capsules as a sleeping implement for long periods of time. They say that even if you are going on long journeys to take your baby out of the capsule/car seat every 2 hours and to give your baby a small break from it. Prolonged periods over 2 hours is not good for babies in car seats/capsules.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Gabriel, thanks for your question. Car seats/capsules are designed to transport children in motor vehicles, they are not designed as a permanent sleep device. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Iss A

Iss Aasked

Britax capsule safe and sound unity NEOS (series:14/B/2013)
Does it fit in steelcraft deluxe compact strider ?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Iss, thanks for your question. The Britax Safe-n-Sound Unity NEOS is compatible with the current Strider Compact Deluxe Edition stroller with the addition of the Strider Click & Go receiver - https://www.britax.com.au/accessories/strider-click-go-unity-receivers/ however if you stroller is the original Strider Deluxe from approx. 6yrs ago these are not compatible. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Kahlie

Kahlieasked

Hi I have the Steelcraft Solar capsule, what prams is this suitable with as it isn't listed on the website?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Kahlie, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Solar capsule is compatible with the same products as the Steelcraft capsule, I've attached a link to our compatibility chart from our website for your reference - https://www.britax.com.au/pages/travel-systems-compatibility-chart/ please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

dhann

dhannasked

Hi I just bought a new Steelcraft Strider Compact Stroller & need a capsule. A friend has one which is five years old & was used in a Steel craft Strider Compact. Would this fit my pram or have they changed slightly in the past five years? Also if the capsule is five years old would it still be ok to use or would it have expired in this time?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi dhann, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Strider capsule will be compatible with your Strider Compact stroller. our recommendation on the lifespan is anything 10 years or older should not be used. We recommend replacement at 10 years, due to deterioration of the plastics used in the construction of modern restraints. A seat may have become brittle over time, and simply will not provide the same level of protection against impact. Older child restraints may not contain all the safety features of the latest Australian Standard. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss your enquiry with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives