Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Steelcraft Baby Capsule (page 3 of 5)

MPN: 60/A/2013/1

3.7

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying
Acg_e

Acg_eDarwin

Perfect infant car capsule & carrier!

This capsule is a perfect fit right from day one. My baby is snug and safe and it is a very straightforward car capsule to use and adjust. I love that it is compatible with the steel craft agile reversible pram so I don't have to unbuckle and disturb my baby when moving her from car to pram or vice versa is she is asleep.

Nat

NatMelbourne

Easy to keep bub sleeping

Easy to carry and us compatible with our pram and car. Easy to install, but find it hard to get out of the car and it feels like it gets stuck. But easy to get in. Fits baby securely and easy to clip in. Baby stays asleep when transferring out of the car

Danni

Danni

great capsule

I had this capsule for my son. I loved that it was easy to install and attach to the pram. I did struggle to remove it from the car sometimes as you have to press the button and pull it at the same time. Whilst it was difficult it did also make me feel like it wouldnt come out without being wanted to come out. Its a little awkward to carry but for ease of use i forgive that. it only started to get quite heavy when my son was 5.5 months

J-Bird

J-BirdAU

Pretty good.

The capsule can be used with a pram for a complete travel system. Easy to click into pram. Capsule is quite bulky and it is a little difficult to click in and out of the car with a push button and pull lever at the same time operation. My husband picked it because he could easily push/pull the lever one handed. I find this a little difficult. The lining is not breathable and my kid sweats A LOT! But the cover is washable. The straps are adjustable and can move up as your child grows.

y81

y81perth

Easy in and out of the car

This capsule makes it so easy to get baby in and out of the car. No more waking baby up after a drive, just transfer the capsule to the steelcraft strider pram without waking baby. Very easy to install into the car and extra base can be purchased for hubbies car. Capule is light to carry but my baby was quit big and only lasted 5 months in the capsule.

Josie

JosieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best for baby's safety but not so practical.

We bought the steel craft capsule for our premature baby. We find it very useful as to the safety of our baby. However, this capsule is very heavy. Besides, I doubt if the recommended age 0 to 6 months could be followed because this capsule is very small, only good for a very tiny baby but not for 3 months up. The baby will then feel being squeezed as there is no much room for him. I would be buying again a bigger capsule. Hence, this is not so practical.

Trigga

TriggaMelbourne

Why did i wait until baby number 3!

I loved this capsule. It made life so much easier. Sleek stylish design. Easy in and out of the car. Was slightly heavy but maybe that was my chubby baby. Easy enough to install. Child was very snug and safe. Could not have managed without it. Not overly bulky like alot of other capsules. Good sun cover.

Mikamber

MikamberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Baby capsule

Great capsule to carry out of hospital with and clip into the pram when heading out. It's light weight and clips in easily with out a noise if baby is asleep. Child fits great until 5 months and bases are interchangable for cars. Highly recommend product. I have bought steel craft pram to fit capsule

SarahJ

SarahJPerth

Only good for short period

The capsule is quite small and only last a couple of months, is easy to put onto the pram, but is a bit tricky to install for the first time. The seat is quite curved and I felt like baby was a bit squished in it and unable to lay comfortably.

Mummy81

Mummy81Perth

Easy to use

What I love about this capsule is that you don't have to wake baby up to get him out of the car, you take the capsule with baby out and click it straight into you Steelcraft strider pram. Capsule is easy to get in and out of the car and light enough to carry. It has a good size hood to protect baby from the sun and baby seems very comfortable in the capsule.

EmMont

EmMont

Fabulous capsule

The capsule is an easy to use product and my baby boy loved it. It was compatible with the Agile Plus pram and all up it was so compact and light. One of the easiest capsules to install into the pram and the car seat. It is very secure and I have no concerns when we are traveling.

Jade

JadeSydney, NSW

Perfect for newborn to just under 1

I love this Capsule I've had it for 5yrs & used it for all 3 of my Boy's the youngest being a newborn and it's amazing! So easy to get in & out of the car & in the Pram that it just clips into then turns into A normal pram. I love that when I'm just seeing Family or Friends I can just take them out and carry it, it's so convenient and easy. Also super easy to clean.

Cant get it to fit our car

We have a steel craft strider pram and capsule car seat which we cant get the car seat to fit in our navara np 300. Even when a certified lady come to fit it we couldnt get it right. The problem we have is that (anyone with the same car may understand) the strap that goes around the back of the capsule once it is in place wont go tight enough. As that strap doesnt actually have the adjustments on it the one that clips to the anchor point has the tightening buckle. If anyone can understand that is there anyone out there with the same vehicle and has come across the same problem do they have a solution for us? We bought it from baby bunting in perth wa

Megera

MegeraMelbourne

Great!

We hired this capsule to fit on our Strider Plus pram. We found it to be a really convenient solution to getting a tiny baby in and out of the car and transporting them around while we were out and about. Our child fit comfortably in this capsule without any issues.

Designed to drive you crazy

The capsule will make taking your baby out in the car a nightmare. It's impossible to release the tightening button and the seatbelt straps are cumbersome. Both myself and my partner regret buying it very much. Do not buy it, you'll be cursing the day you purchased it, especially when sleep deprived!

Find out how Steelcraft Baby Capsule compares to other Baby Capsules

Very inconvenient to replace insert and shoulder pads

I have one year old steelcraft babay capsule and it needs new insert and harness pads for my second baby. But there is no where you can buy it unless you call Britax to order it. Not only that, the price of the insert and harness pads are close to half price of a new capsule! They don't sell the harness pads separately, for insert its $29.95 and if you also need to replace the shoulder pads (harness pads) too you will have to buy the whole cover set which is $99.95. it is just too costly for replacing those small element!

Sam m

Sam mOxley

Great for smaller babies!

Had to get it installed properly as we couldn't quite get it connected (partly the cars problem). Felt very safe & at ease carrying my child in the carrier up and down our stairs. Only problem for me is that I have had to move my baby to a new seat at 3 months as he doesn't fit comfortable any more.

Amber

AmberSydney, NSW

Exactly what I wanted!

I did a lot of research for the right capsule before my baby was born and I'm so glad i chose this one! It fits perfectly in my small Mazda 3 and it doesn't move at all I had to use the gated clip which I'm guessing is what other people need to do to stop it from wriggling. It's so easy to get in and out of the car and I love that it clips directly into the compact pram makes my life so much easier! I've been using it pretty much everyday for 2 months now and my little man loves being in it easy to get him in and out and he fits perfectly snug in it.

Soph13Bathurst

Utterly disappointed

I was so excited to by this capsule (I even had an argument with my partner about how much I will use it and FINALLY convinced him we needed to spend the extra money to buy it) but when we got it home and took it out of the box the buttons on the side of the cover broke off on first use. I emailed the company about it and was promised a new cover. It arrived this week after a month of waiting and it is completely different to the cover I had and looks A LOT cheaper than the one I had.
Not to mention the fact the seat seems to move around a lot despite having it professionally fitted. I am completely devastated and don't know if it's worth putting my child in!

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Soph13, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that your disappointed. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss the quality of the replacement cover set you've received. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Soph13

I was emailed and informed 'that's the only cover we have, sorry'

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Soph13, we apologise for this. Do you mind giving us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this further? Warm regards, The Britax Team.

Philly

PhillySudney

did not design with baby in mind.

The capsule is difficult to put in and take out of the car, the baby is hot and sweaty, the capsule moves left to right in the car, putting a towel underneath makes the positioning even worse for baby. My baby hates it, I hate it it and why would TGA approve such a product for helpless little babies. It's unsafe for my baby and it's uncomfortable for my baby. With all the reviews out there why do they not improve this product!!!!!

See all Steelcraft Baby Capsule reviews

Chris r

Chris rasked

Can steelcraft kingfisher capsule be used on steelcraft solar pram

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Chris r, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft Baby capsule in Kingfisher has the same connections and hardware as a Steelcraft Solar capsule. The main differences are in the fabrics, therefore, yes, this capsule will fit onto a Steelcraft Solar pram. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Maddy T.

Maddy T.asked

Can the steelcraft capsule fit onto the Britax isofix base?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Maddy, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule isn't compatible with the Britax Unity ISOFIX base as the seat mouldings are completely different. The Steelcraft capsule isn't compatible with ISOFIX vehicle. Kind regards, the Britax team.

sdsouza228

sdsouza228asked

Hi ,how to seperate the steelcraft capsule from a carseat even after operating squeeze button underneath doesnt release the latch ,unable to pull out.

Jess
Jess

Hello, you have to squeeze the button and and pull that same button outwards and then lift the capsule out at the same time

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi sdsouza228,t hanks for your question. if you have your hand flat so that the button section is just below where your rings would sit on your fingers, pull the lever with your fingers towards you while pressing this button up at the same time. We do have a very helpful picture we can share with you however in order for us to send this, you will need to email us au-support@britax.com as we are unable to attach photos over product review. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives