Steelcraft Baby Capsule

Steelcraft Baby Capsule (page 4 of 5)

MPN: 60/A/2013/1

3.7

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Easy and safe

Haf it professinally installed and didnt move in the seat and once i got the hang of the clip it was easy to remove from the car and easy yo tighten and loosen straps and also easy to adjust height of straps! Love the colours and fits into the steelcraft pram we have. I also like that when you take the seat out of the car the bottom is curved so it rocks back and forth

Rose

RoseAuckland

Release Clip Wars

Tackled the release clip problem turns out was a technique problem & I can release the capsule from the carseat no problem now. Is very useful capsule easy to transfer to stroller, head rest very good, easy to put in car, baby likes sleeping in it. Only disadvantage very snug & hot for baby in warm weather.

Chinky

ChinkySydney

Very happy with product

We had this carrier professionally installed and certified so we didn't have any issues with it being unstable or moving around. We found it easy to pull out of the base and plug into Steelcraft stroller.Bub also loved napping in this while inside the house. This carrier definitely made life so much easier!

shahna

shahnacanberra

Amazing!

The seat is a good size, the head padding is a good size and easy to put in and out of the car. It is heavy once bub is in there and difficult to carry. Can be tricky to install but we got help from kidsafe and is now very secure.

Flawed Design- Don't risk ur bub's back

We Got the infant carrier + agile plus pram kingfisher II for our bub from babybunting. While the agile plus pram is superb n easy to use , the capsule is very un-user friendly & uncomfy for infants. At The max recline position too the bub's back is arched & slouched . It's a pain to take the capsule out & place it back , with the bub sleeping in it. Guess we will be much better off gently physically picking the bub up from a regular car seat. Have used it only a couple of times for short trips & bub hates it & it's very evident why ! Recommend to go in for regular 0-4 years car seats. Exploring my exchange / return options

Monika Z.

Monika Z.perth

wrong choice

exactly the same !! once a capsule tipped over when i was turning my car. I couldn't see it and my baby was hanging in very uncomfortable position during the whole trip. I just hope it did not harm her...I have in my mind the Brain Shaken Syndrome which may show off later in their life

Hong

HongEPPING

Moves around a lot, feels unsafe, not secure.

Very upset and unhappy with this carrier and really regret purchasing it. Wouldn't recommend it. We found that when turning corners the capsule moves and sways around way too much and that the strap that goes around it doesn't help secure the movement. The strap feels very loose. What could the problem be??? We have tried uninstalling reinstalling but the problem is still there. We have tried purchasing a non slip seat protector with gripping yet it is still moving around. Purchased at Babymode in April unsure what to do. Should have just paid more for a maxi cosi.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Hong, thanks for your review and we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Steelcraft Infant Carrier. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in detail, kind regards, The Britax Team.

flyinghigh1

flyinghigh1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dread each car trip and can't wait until it goes back!

Shannon

ShannonPerth, WA

best baby product iv bought

We bought the Steelcraft strider compact and capsule to go with it. I cant imagine getting by with a newborn without it, its just so easy to click in and out of the car, no need to wake a sleeping baby for no reason. My baby falls asleep in it straight away which makes going out stress free, just click it straight from car to pram and when I get home I just pop it on the floor inside until she wakes up

Very disappointed!!

We purchased the infant carrier and strider plus on recommendation of a friend. We secured it as per instruction but it moves around so much I don't feel my daughter is safe in it! Have tried propping it up with a towel/blankets but nothing works!! Plus one side of the belt doesn't make the clicking sound so I don't know that it's actually secure?! Very disappointing and a costly mistake for us as we'll now have to purchase a whole new set!

kari

kariMelbourne

great idea just one problem.

This is a great idea and is perfect for going from pram to car and car to visit people. Our baby stays asleep which was exactly what we wanted and the exact reason getting a capsule was recommended to us. The only issue is that my partner has no problem lifting the capsule out of the car but i really struggle with the release clip. I don't have the strength in my hand to release it which defeats the object of having it as i can't use it. I would recommend people practice with the release clip in store prior to purchase to see if they can manage it. I wish we had.

Sarah

Sarah

Makes life so easy!!!

KTG

KTGBrisbane, Queensland

Bubba loves to sleep in it!

This product has made going out with my baby much easier. I buckle her in while I'm inside my house then load her into the car. Once we arrive at our destination she is usually asleep and I can simply take the capsule out of the car and either attach it to the pram or carry it on my arm. Great for going shopping or visiting others. The head padding is very supportive and the sun hood is great for shading baby's face. Only negatives are that it does seem to have a fair bit of horizontal movement when strapped into the car and it is too hot to leave baby in the capsule if it's summer and you're not in air conditioning.

caroline

carolineSouthwest, VIC

Didn't seem secure - I returned it.

El1AU

Ended up buying another brand

Not happy

When installing the baby carrier, we found that the capsule moved around a lot and was not very secure. It was also at a very weird angle having baby almost sitting up. If we adjusted it so it sat down further, the car seat would move a lot more and not be flat against the seat. I don't find it all that easy to take in and out either. I probably wouldn't buy this product again. I love the pram though.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Parent to be, thanks for your review. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss the installation in detail with us, thanks, Britax Team.

Jlo14

Jlo14

Could be good.. If your baby likes it.

The idea of having a capsule is great, especially for moving a sleeping baby from the car to pram or inside... But my baby hates being in the capsule, so he is screaming when we arrive at any destination.

The back support doesn't seem to be very comfortable and my baby gets so hot when in the capsule which probably doesn't help with his complete dislike of it!

Maybe try a friend's capsule if possible before buying one to see if your baby likes it. I gave two stars as it looks great on my pram and could be a good product, but it's just not good for us. We've moved onto the normal pram attachment now and only use the capsule in the car.

Uncomfortable Baby

I am so unhappy with the infant carrier, my newborn son cries when i put him in it. Although a small baby, he looks squashed and uncomfortable, sometimes i think he might be in pain. When in the car, my babies head flops due to the angle that the infant carrier sits at. I have tried putting towels underneath to help with the angle but no such luck. I would never recommend the infant carrier.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi there, thanks for your review. When you have a moment can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can chat to you about your infant carrier. Thanks, Britax Team.

Nadine

NadineQueensland, Australia

Very hot not suited for summer babies

Shelliegem

ShelliegemBrisbane, Queensland

Almost There

See all Steelcraft Baby Capsule reviews

Maddy T.

Maddy T.asked

Can the steelcraft capsule fit onto the Britax isofix base?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Maddy, thanks for your question. The Steelcraft capsule isn't compatible with the Britax Unity ISOFIX base as the seat mouldings are completely different. The Steelcraft capsule isn't compatible with ISOFIX vehicle. Kind regards, the Britax team.

sdsouza228

sdsouza228asked

Hi ,how to seperate the steelcraft capsule from a carseat even after operating squeeze button underneath doesnt release the latch ,unable to pull out.

Jess
Jess

Hello, you have to squeeze the button and and pull that same button outwards and then lift the capsule out at the same time

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi sdsouza228,t hanks for your question. if you have your hand flat so that the button section is just below where your rings would sit on your fingers, pull the lever with your fingers towards you while pressing this button up at the same time. We do have a very helpful picture we can share with you however in order for us to send this, you will need to email us au-support@britax.com as we are unable to attach photos over product review. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Rachy

Rachyasked

I have a steelcraft solar travel system. Will any steelcraft calsule fit onto the solar pram or does it need to be a solar capsule?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Rachy, thanks for your question. Any Steelcraft capsule can be used as they all have the same structure and hardware therefore, the connections are the same. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives