Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

23 questions from our users

Can I machine wash the seat cover?
I did machine wash mine on gentle and it didn't ruin it. But it didn't really clean it either. Not spaghetti stains anyway. Just had to be careful not to lose all the screws and then I put the straps back on backwards and upside down.I did machine wash mine on gentle and it didn't ruin it. But it didn't really clean it either. Not spaghetti stains anyway. Just had to be careful not to lose all the screws and then I put the straps back on backwards and upside down.Hi Phoebe, thanks for your question. We would recommend removable fabric covers and trim may be cleaned using warm water with a household soap or mild detergent. Allow it to dry fully, preferably away from the direct sunlight. Non removable fabric covers and trims may be spot cleaning using a damp sponge with a soap or a mild detergent, again allow to dry fully away from direct sunlight. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

I bought this high chair almost 12 months ago and took it apart to wash it and I've never been able to get the clips back in to put it back together. I like the high chair but I can't strap my daughter in and I haven't been able to get any instructions to figure out how to get then back in. Any suggestions I'm about ready to throw it out and buy a different one.
I too had a bit of trouble the first couple of times. If it's that part where I had trouble, (the straps with the clip that go through the back) It took me a while because I don't have much strength in my hands, I got the clips about halfway and then had to gently tap them in further with a small hammer whilst still pulling the other end through - Doesn't sound ideal but like I said not having much strength in my hands leads to such methods. After the first few times it got easier. I actually don't pull mine apart all that often anymore, simply because I just don't have the time now, I just make sure I give it a thorough clean after every use. If the straps get a bit yukky I just use warm soapy water and a cloth on them rather than taking them out. Hope that helps... Good luck :)

If this high chair is so expensive then what's wrong with it ? Is it like the steelcraft prams? Or is it everyone has their opinions? In confused with what to get.
Hi Oona, please call us on 1300 303 330 if you would to discuss your concerns, thanks, Britax Team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives