Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

28 questions from our users

Suzieasked

How do you get the wheels to stay in? I have 1 step in my house but I cannot take the chair up or down it and sometimes they come off if I move 1 wheel over our floor rug.

The wheels can be tricky you think that they are in properly but probably are not you really need to hammer them in until the click all the way down put a cloth or something between wheels and hammer. I have even taken mine outside to alfresco area and there’s a step and rugs no problems.i hope this helps

Suzie

I tried the hammer yesterday but didn’t have success! It’s driving me crazy! Tried the brakes at the front and back and it makes no difference !

Suzie

Still no luck keeping the wheels in. Ready to throw the whole thing away!

Simmzeee

Simmzeeeasked

Where can i purchase a replacement lining for the messina high chair? Thanks

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Simmzeee, thanks for your question. We do have replacement seats available, please give us a call on 1300 303 330 with the Cat no: from your chair so we can provide you with colour availability and pricing. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Annie

Annieasked

I washed the cover of high chair and can't fix the harness. Is there any manual which can show me how to do it the right way?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Annie, thanks for your question. Please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can email you a copy of the instruction manual. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Hi, is there someway you can lower the tray table? My son wants to self-feed but can't reach properly & due to the amount paid, we can't look at another chair.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Sharon, thanks for your question. Unfortunately the tray isn't adjustable. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Lou

Louasked

Hello, is it possible to lower the footrest please? My daughters legs are very squashed when the foot rest is flat. We are able to move the footrest up but it doesn't appear to lower down.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Lou, thanks for your question. Unfortunately the Messina Hi Lo highchair doesn't have an adjustable footrest. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Phoebe Chang

Phoebe Changasked

Can I machine wash the seat cover?

LilC

I did machine wash mine on gentle and it didn't ruin it. But it didn't really clean it either. Not spaghetti stains anyway. Just had to be careful not to lose all the screws and then I put the straps back on backwards and upside down.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Phoebe, thanks for your question. We would recommend removable fabric covers and trim may be cleaned using warm water with a household soap or mild detergent. Allow it to dry fully, preferably away from the direct sunlight. Non removable fabric covers and trims may be spot cleaning using a damp sponge with a soap or a mild detergent, again allow to dry fully away from direct sunlight. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Steff

Steffasked

I bought this high chair almost 12 months ago and took it apart to wash it and I've never been able to get the clips back in to put it back together. I like the high chair but I can't strap my daughter in and I haven't been able to get any instructions to figure out how to get then back in. Any suggestions I'm about ready to throw it out and buy a different one.

Babs8485
Babs8485

I too had a bit of trouble the first couple of times. If it's that part where I had trouble, (the straps with the clip that go through the back) It took me a while because I don't have much strength in my hands, I got the clips about halfway and then had to gently tap them in further with a small hammer whilst still pulling the other end through - Doesn't sound ideal but like I said not having much strength in my hands leads to such methods. After the first few times it got easier. I actually don't pull mine apart all that often anymore, simply because I just don't have the time now, I just make sure I give it a thorough clean after every use. If the straps get a bit yukky I just use warm soapy water and a cloth on them rather than taking them out. Hope that helps... Good luck :)

Oona Smith

Oona Smithasked

If this high chair is so expensive then what's wrong with it ? Is it like the steelcraft prams? Or is it everyone has their opinions? In confused with what to get.

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Oona, please call us on 1300 303 330 if you would to discuss your concerns, thanks, Britax Team.

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives