Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo

Steelcraft Messina Hi Lo (page 2 of 5)

theheat101

theheat101

Great value

Can't live without it.

I have 8 month old twins and this chair has been a blessing. I can feed them anywhere by wheeling them from room to room and adjusting the height to siut where I'm sitting. one of my twins is alot smaller than the other so extra support is great and if she falls asleep eating i can recline chair to make it more comfortable. The only downside to this chair is the cleaning. Having to children it's twice the work bit everything comes apart to wash but it can be time consuming.

Great product!

Please do not listen to half the reviews as they are from parents who have not bothered to try the chair out prior to purchase and found that their kids are too small for the chair. The product is easy to adjust and can easily fold away. It can also be wheeled around while my son sits saflety in it with no dramas. The tray can easily be removed and clipped to the back of the chair. Please be aware, that if you have CARPET, then the wheels on this product would obviously not meet your needs. Do yourselves a favour, drop in to your local Toys'r'us or Baby Bunting and try before you buy. This product would have a higher rating if parents had done that.

Worst high chair!!

Buyingformax

BuyingformaxAdelaide

Great for babies. Hard to clean for toddlers

The Messina is great for smaller babies, as it is super comfy and can roll. I loved it for my sons when they were under 10 months. It is horrible once they start to eat solids as it is impossible to clean! I bought a replacement seat cover, but wont waste my money buying a third cover for it. Surface washing does not clean off pasta (or worse).
Simple colour that blends in, easy to clean tray and 4 wheels for easy moving.
Seat can be a little harder to clean and can not be machine washed

JT

JTAdelaide

Regret buying the Steelcraft Messina Hi-Lo Chair

Worst purchase I have made

The only thing this chair has going for it that it has wheels! This is the most painful highchair to clean, the seat doesn't sit up straight and my 9 month old can hardly see over the tray. After my husband got sick of me complaining every time I was cleaning the chair, he took over the cleaning. After one night he wanted to toss it and get a new one! Worst $170 I ever spent. I would give this chair no stars but it won't allow me.
It has wheels
Everything except it has wheels

Kate

KateKatoomba

Do not like it

I read the reviews of this highchair and thought they were pretty good so I went and bought the chair. I don't like it as my baby slouches in it (the back will not sit up straight completely); the tray is a bit fiddly to get in; the clips pinch my fingers and I am always worried that the tray or clips will pinch my baby's fingers. Would not recommend this chair.

Babs8485

Babs8485Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great & Practical

Make you own decision

It’s a good chair; the only problem is the safety harness. You won’t be able to get a replacement harness if the original were to go bad. Wrote to the company, was told they don’t provide and to look at generic brands, wasn’t able to find a proper one. With the price of the high chair being at the top end, it would seem appropriate to be able to provide replacement accessories if needed. I won’t be buying this brand at this price, would look at cheaper ones.
Good and sturdy
Unable to get replacement accessories, specially the safety harness

Danielle
Danielle
Susan
Susan

Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Its really not that great, but it is cheap

PixiNess

PixiNessOutback QLD

Very happy

Practical Highchair

Good Highchair

I find the recline option great for when my LG wasnt sitting up independently, the mulit heights will also come in handy at the dining table. I have found the straps always loosen every use and the plastic covering of the seat cushion stains really easily. My daughter had watermelon once and it has stained the white plasic of the seat cushion, even after wiping clean immediately after use!
Reclining positions and multi height
Straps loosen and stains easily

Great high chair - easy to keep clean

I loved this high-chair and used it for two very messy babies. I love that you can take the tray out to wash it in the sink and remove the lining to put in the washing machine. The height and seat adjustability is handy from eating at the table or bench, to dropping it down to feed them while sitting on the lounge. Highly recommend.
Easy to keep clean.
Clip on the harness can be a little hard sometimes.

Expensive, poor quality and hard to clean

This chair is not recommended at all. I have used this chair now for six weeks, in the first two the lining ripped and now the clip that allows you to fold the arms up has broken off. Britax, the company that makes it was very unhelpful as was baby bunting in Moore park. For the pice of $165 I expected something that would last at least for one child without issue. Besides from that it is an absolute nightmare to clean if you have a messy eater. There are way to many places that food can get into and you can't clean. I live in a unit so can hose it down. It takes fifteen to twenty minutes to clean after each feed. When I get this chair back, I will sell it.
Sturdy
Poor quality, hard to clean, expensive

summerdayz

summerdayzMt Gambier

Great - just hard to clean

This highchairs worst feature is it is hard to clean. Food gets in so many cracks - i end up hosing the whole thing down on hot days and leaving outside to dry!! Also the seat insert does seem to move when putting the child in. It is now ripped on mine after 8 months of use.
it is functional and i love the 2 trays
It moves easily and tips back and has 2 trays
hard to clean and seat cover ripped

shelley_no1

shelley_no1AU

Good, safe and relatively easy to clean

E.D.94

E.D.94QLD, 4744

Good high chair

Very sturdy and easy to use. The tray comes off very easily and I love how the top part comes off for easy cleaning. We started using it around the time our son was 5-6 months old and eventhough he looked way too small for it he had no trouble eating. The padded liner is easy to clean and when it was too massy to wipe clean we threw it in the washing machine and it came out great.
Easy to use. Removable tray top very easy to clean!
If it gets wet from spills it doesn't dry well so you have to remove it so it doesn't go mouldy

redkitten

redkittenAU

Great highchair if you toddler isn't a messy eater

this was a great highchair until out toddler started to eat very messily, its not hard to wipe down but there are easier highchairs to clean. the food seam to get in everywhere under the seat cover and in the basket where i keep all the clean bib so they go messy too, we mainly use this seat now for ricking him to sleep in hehe. it does have a great recline function and great to young bubba if there refluxy they can sleep upright until the grow out of this stage.
i love everything about the highchair but not goo with a messy bubba. love the table that has a extra tray under neather, love the basket too. love the recline on the seat help settle refluxy babies.
cleaning is a mission.

jett

jettasked

Hi I have cat 31339
And need a new insert too- I understand they are not available till October but at that point where do I purchase ?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi jett, thanks for your question. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 to place spare parts orders. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Jess F.

Jess F.asked

I have the melody 2 which I’m guessing has been discontinued however I’m desperate for a new cover. Do any fit or am I needing a new high chair

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Jess R. Thanks for your question. Can you please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 and advise us which product you are after a part for? I do not believe we had a Melody 2 in our range previously. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

Misbah

Misbahasked

Hello,
I called the helpline at start of July 2019 about Steelcraft Messina DLX highchair replacement cover (as it is not available anywhere else), and I was told that covers will come in mid of July and I should call back. I called them back today and help desk lady responded the covers availability in October 2019. My old cover is not usable, what should I do without a cover? Where is the customer support after selling the product? My highchair is just couple of years old and still can't find the replacement parts? I thought the big names like Britax or Steelcraft should not have any problem like this?

Support C.Steelcraft

Hi Misbah, thanks for your question. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and there will be extra covers coming into stock in approximately mid October. If you wish to discuss the matter further please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Steelcraft team.

WoolWanderer
WoolWanderer

This made me laugh when I read it, as I called them too earlier in the year and they said that the covers wouldn’t be available until June.
Hadn’t bothered phoning them back up as yet.
June, July, October???? What is going on???? Very disappointed to be sold this product without knowing that to get a replacement would be impossible.
The cover has ripped around the part of the seat where the hole is for the strap, near where the child puts their legs. Very uncomfortable for them.
Shocking customer service!

Get an answer from our members and Steelcraft representatives

CategoryHigh Chairs