Stegbar VIC

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Splash back by Stegbar

We waited a long time for the Covid restrictions to ease , but when they did Trevor Thomas came round as soon as possible and carried out the measure up quickly and efficiently and with a pleasant manner. The quote followed as he said, we placed the order and await installation. So far really good, thanks Trevor.

AshburtonGrandma
AshburtonGrandmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Several problems, ironed out in mediation

EJA
EJAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unprofessional & disappointing

Had a front door frame suite installed in November 20’ still waiting for resolution. Doors supplied were visibly faulty and unfit for purpose.

Sandra
SandraSouthwest, VIC

Poor customer service

Melissa
MelissaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A few issues along the way that were resolved promptly

I’m not going to lie that my experience with replacing my windows with Stegbar was a seamless one. However, with that said when things went wrong they did acknowledge this and rectified the issue swiftly.

My job still hasn’t yet been completed however so I will post a final review once this has been done. But based on what I have seen thus far, I can say that Andrew, the installer is absolutely a professional in every way from customer service to excellent craftsmanship.

Jo Cross
Jo CrossSouthwest, VIC

Beware of Stegbar double glazed windows!

My home was completed at the end of 2013 and had Stegbar double glazed windows and doors throughout. I contacted Stegbar Geelong within a few years of home completion to point out that moisture was between the double panes of glass in one of the windows.
I was told that they were no longer covered by any warranty. I pointed out that any reasonable person would expect the windows to present as they did on building completion for many, many years. Since then, an increasing number of windows now contain moisture and, in the case of the window in the photograph, there is, not only moisture, scum as well.

Job Satisfaction
Tapan PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Delayed installation and but speedy escalation

Hi Alexis,

I can confirm that NO one has been in touch with me to resolve this issue. I will send an email to the email you have provided. What else can we do to escalate this?

Tapan P

Thanks Alexis. I received a call from DJ and the matter has been resolved within 24hours. He ensured that he is trying to rectify the process from his end. I really enjoyed dealing with him.

Good product but still room for improvement

I have been dealing with Leigh from Stegbar Rowville for a long time now. He is a good rep. Quick at getting quotes back to me and happy to take calls about products, measure ups and install dates. He really knows his products which is very helpful.
Been a few clients unhappy with the customer service in the showroom though, and a few little issues with robe installation but overall happy with Stegbar and Leigh.

kazkelly
kazkellyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor Customer service

Thank-you to Harry for helping me decide what I needed to make my wardrobe more efficient. Victor did a great job fitting the necessary shelving .
I am disappointed with the lack of communication and constant confusion from office staff from beginning to end.
Thanks to Helen for diffusing the chaos.

Frequent Traveller
Frequent TravellerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Customer Service & No quality control - Damaged Windows

Upset
UpsetBrisbane

Poor Quality, Bad Communication, No Customer Service after Payment

Russ
RussMelbourne

Additional labour costs to install.

Very disappointed with the information provided at the ordering stage. The measurements on the order form were for the external aluminium frame. They didn't include the size of the interior wooden box frame which was larger consequently studs and bricks had to be moved to accommodate the windows incurring thousands of dollars in labour costs. Had the box been the same size as the frame it would easily have slotted into the empty space. Surely ours wasn't the first home where this was encountered.

Will definitely tell friends about this.

john
johnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

no response

Most of these reviews are consistent with my experience. I made an enquiry online with no response, 5 days later I made a direct phone call in to have some one come out and quote me. The gentleman on the phone told me someone would call me back to arrange a visit. I have had no response.

I don't mind if people do not wish to quote but then do not advertise nor tell me that someone is going to call when they are not.

My review rating is about business etiquette or lack thereof of.

Stegbar blames the customer

We were initially happy with the look of the double glazed windows and told them so. Then we realised there was no noise reduction and they hadn't used acoustic glass. Slow response to our feedback - waited 8 weeks for them to do a re-visit, and adjustment quote to the job about 80% of the original value. When I escalated seeking help from the [contact details removed], she just ignored my emails. Throughout this all correspondence blames us. In this day and age, there is no excuse for such terrible service. Stegbar are just awful. Beware.

Tiffany Wood
Tiffany WoodVictoria

Scratched wardrobe doors

Was so looking forward to having our custom made wardrobe doors fitted. After fitting was complete we noticed rather deep long scratches on two of the doors, being black they stood out. Whats going on Stegbar??? we're paying top dollar and either your quality control is being overlooked or your installers don't give a toss???? We are very disappointed and now have to wait to have doors collected and re-done.

Scratched frames on two panels of our wardrobe