Listing monitored by Step One

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Theresa N.Step One

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Theresa N.Step One

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

Finding problems

After a few weeks the elastic has started rolling over and they are very uncomfortable…. no one is interested in hearing it. I didn’t keep the paperwork so not able to fill in their form….so will need another way to sort it.

MunnersPerth, WA

Great comfort but fell apart

Purchased 7 pairs without trial, within 10 months I was down to 1 pair through normal wear and tear, trunks literally fell apart, manifested by holes in the waist band but mostly through holes in the seat pan, one pair seemed a bit smaller than the rest also. Don't expect years from these but do expect super comfort, hence the reason I'm back grimacing at buying more.

Munners

Hey Theresa, these were always cool washed and air dried so not sure what happened. Not sure of the purpose of the link above, it seems to be for a first pair guarantee and I don't have my order details anymore either.

Comfortable beds

They're pretty comfortable when you buy a pair they say guarantee to they will give you one as well but they never did false advertising on the TV they say guaranteed buy 1 get 1 free that's what they were opened but the pants are pretty comfortable not bad just don't believe in the message guarantee 1. When you buy 1 I'll give you false advertising

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Nick G.
Nick G.Sydney, NSW

Don’t believe the hype

I have to change my review as my previous one I only wore em for few hours. Now after 2 months of use. I hate them, they CONSTANTLY rolled up and its unbearable!! Only positive is that they’re breathable. contact me

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Chay A.Step One

Quality not great, comfortable while they lasted though

Threads were pulling already when they arrived, didn't last me long either, they have worn thin faster any underwear I have ever worn. They were comfortable while they lasted though.

Kieran F.
Kieran F.Southwest, VIC

We’re great at the start, but ...

I purchased 4 trunks , and they were fantastic at the beginning. However 4 months on , I have been severely chafing wearing this underwear , and one of the pairs has started to wear through and developing holes.

Taliah B.Step One

Hey Kieran, sorry to hear this.
Please follow this link so we can assist you further!

Woodsy
WoodsyCsnberra

Worn out really quick

I brought step ones about 4 months ago and they are wearing thing not happy won’t buy anymore not worth the money sorry

Taliah B.Step One

Hey mate, sorry to hear this. We have a 12 month manufactures warranty so please follow this link below so we can help you out.
Thanks,
Taliah

Daisy

Overpriced and not that great

Thought i would give these a try, but wont be buying anymore as they are no more comfortable than cheaper ones and just ride up probably more than cheaper ones.
Don’t wate your money

Greg T.Step One
Daisy

Filled out the form and one your team got back to me immediately and offered multiple options including a full refund.
These were not for me but the companies response was exceptional

Underwear Shops & Brands

Comfy to start with but they ride up

Products are not worth the price. They're comfortable but they do ride up. Customer service staff were quick to respond when I contacted them regarding an issue with quality on 1 pair

Product Appearance As advertised

Disappointed. Think they probably suit larger people like the fella in the ad.

First impressions were good. A bit expensive for basically pants but they were a present so I didnt pay! I found them uncomfortable. They ride up the legs when walking and pinch like wearing Y fronts. The pouch thing at the front makes your Knob stick out instead of sitting comfortably to the side like other boxers. If I was of a larger frame with massive thighs where my Knob could only point forwards then I guess the pouch would be ok, but constricting. Overall alot of hype and clever advertising but disappointing.

disappointed
disappointedSydney Surrounds, NSW

Over hyped by slick marketing

- Step One claim this product does not ride up. It does indeed ride up. They are not ideal for wearing in sports or tighter jeans.
- Pilling after 3 washes. That's pretty poor quality.
- These are vastly inferior to others, for example, BONDS "X Temp" or "Active Tech" designs.
- The spam emails after your purchase are rather relentless, though you can unsubscribe.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews