Listing monitored by Step One

Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Theresa N.Step One

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Theresa N.Step One

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

Don't recommend

Very disappointing after reading heaps of reviews they are uncomfortable and ride up heaps and I am constantly pulling them down. Will not be buying them again.

Trae K.
Trae K.

I originally ordered a pair or medium sized ones and they were riding up so I thought maybe it was the size so I ordered a small but the same thing just not as comfortable as I thought as well

AntSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I’m not one to write a review or be so negative but Step One undies are the worst. Forever riding up and pulling them back down my leg. Bought 7 pairs at a cost of $150. Total waste of money!

Bad Finish

Purchased about 10 pairs but the last 2 pairs have been really bad quality with the seam coming away, come on step one step it up then they ask you to prove you purchase, well sorry I’m a busy person but if you looked into your account or sale then you’ll find my name number & purchase details

Kelvin
Kelvin

I’m not looking for replacement nor a refund the purpose of the comment was just to inform you that the quality may be slipping at your production stage, I understand that you can’t get a 100% yield all the time and little things slip by

Dave M.Sydney, NSW

Terrible product

Got myself a pair... Here's my review:
$30 a pair!
Wicks away sweat- why are my family jewels wet?
Has a pouch- a sewn in seam isn't a pouch and my family jewels are stuck to my leg.
Has a non-roll band- crap, rolled over 3 times every time I straighten it.
STEP ONE, GET NONE.

Dave M.

Not a sizing issue, poor product. Glad they were a present

Greg T.Step One

Erm! Not that good.

Had these less than 2 months, worn about 4 times, stitching coming undone/thinning near the cup area. Feel uncomfortable now.
I'd like to think its down to having a lot to pack in....but my wife says not!
I have also tried some from your competitors which seem to be better.
Overall too expensive for what you get in my opinion.

ianmckay007
ianmckay007

Thanks but I'll give it a miss. Just a shame as I was hoping for better.
I have a pair from 'on that ass' which feel better all round, so i think I'll stick with those.

Finding problems

After a few weeks the elastic has started rolling over and they are very uncomfortable…. no one is interested in hearing it. I didn’t keep the paperwork so not able to fill in their form….so will need another way to sort it.

MunnersPerth, WA

Great comfort but fell apart

Purchased 7 pairs without trial, within 10 months I was down to 1 pair through normal wear and tear, trunks literally fell apart, manifested by holes in the waist band but mostly through holes in the seat pan, one pair seemed a bit smaller than the rest also. Don't expect years from these but do expect super comfort, hence the reason I'm back grimacing at buying more.

Munners

Hey Theresa, these were always cool washed and air dried so not sure what happened. Not sure of the purpose of the link above, it seems to be for a first pair guarantee and I don't have my order details anymore either.

Underwear Shops & Brands

Can 15 pairs of normal pants to one of these, they look nice but the price is stupid.

They are well over price and over rated. At a much lower price i may consider another pair but they are not worth the price.

Theresa N.Step One

Hey David, thanks for giving us a go. Just wanted to let you know that if you bulk-buy your Step Ones, they come at a discounted price once you add them to the cart. Something to keep in mind if you decide to give us another chance.

Very disappointed with misleading promotion

The trunks are great however the free t-shirt offer is misleading. Placed an order for four pairs of trunks then After speaking to stepone apparently they are out of stock and the promotion has finished yet the adverts are still live all over social media. Very disappointed

Comfortable beds

They're pretty comfortable when you buy a pair they say guarantee to they will give you one as well but they never did false advertising on the TV they say guaranteed buy 1 get 1 free that's what they were opened but the pants are pretty comfortable not bad just don't believe in the message guarantee 1. When you buy 1 I'll give you false advertising

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews