Listing monitored by Step One

Waist band is shocking

Generally I find the underwear fabric reasonably comfortable. The waistbands however are an issue for me. They roll up and cut into you. I have tried different sizes and it happens all the time. I wont be buying them again.

Jodie C.Step One

Hey mate, so sorry to hear this. Waistband folding is generally an indication to try a size up but thanks so much for the feedback and for giving us a go! Going to pass this on to the team as we're always looking for ways to improve the product.

Lossie95
Lossie95

Already tried sizing up. I’m only 90kg and it’s still doing it with XL

Shaun K.Perth, WA

Fit great, look great then after 12 months fall apart

Love the fit, love the style and colours, then after 12 months it starts, a little thread here a little thread there and they just fall apart in front of your eyes.........very cheaply made..........

Jodie C.Step One
Luke
LukePerth, WA

Not even slightly worth the hype or price

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance Not as advertised
falegal
falegal

Material flimsy

My husband was surprised at how thin the fabric was he thought it’ll be more like cotton, very thin. Will first and last pair he’ll buy

Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Theresa N.Step One

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Theresa N.Step One

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

Don't recommend

Very disappointing after reading heaps of reviews they are uncomfortable and ride up heaps and I am constantly pulling them down. Will not be buying them again.

Trae K.
Trae K.

I originally ordered a pair or medium sized ones and they were riding up so I thought maybe it was the size so I ordered a small but the same thing just not as comfortable as I thought as well

AntSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I’m not one to write a review or be so negative but Step One undies are the worst. Forever riding up and pulling them back down my leg. Bought 7 pairs at a cost of $150. Total waste of money!

Bad Finish

Purchased about 10 pairs but the last 2 pairs have been really bad quality with the seam coming away, come on step one step it up then they ask you to prove you purchase, well sorry I’m a busy person but if you looked into your account or sale then you’ll find my name number & purchase details

Kelvin
Kelvin

I’m not looking for replacement nor a refund the purpose of the comment was just to inform you that the quality may be slipping at your production stage, I understand that you can’t get a 100% yield all the time and little things slip by

Dave M.Sydney, NSW

Terrible product

Got myself a pair... Here's my review:
$30 a pair!
Wicks away sweat- why are my family jewels wet?
Has a pouch- a sewn in seam isn't a pouch and my family jewels are stuck to my leg.
Has a non-roll band- crap, rolled over 3 times every time I straighten it.
STEP ONE, GET NONE.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Dave M.

Not a sizing issue, poor product. Glad they were a present

Greg T.Step One

Erm! Not that good.

Had these less than 2 months, worn about 4 times, stitching coming undone/thinning near the cup area. Feel uncomfortable now.
I'd like to think its down to having a lot to pack in....but my wife says not!
I have also tried some from your competitors which seem to be better.
Overall too expensive for what you get in my opinion.

ianmckay007
ianmckay007

Thanks but I'll give it a miss. Just a shame as I was hoping for better.
I have a pair from 'on that ass' which feel better all round, so i think I'll stick with those.

Finding problems

After a few weeks the elastic has started rolling over and they are very uncomfortable…. no one is interested in hearing it. I didn’t keep the paperwork so not able to fill in their form….so will need another way to sort it.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews