Listing monitored by Step One

They are just boxer shorts

Bought the one pair to try and see what the hype was about. They are just an expensive pair of boxer shorts. They are okay to wear but so are my other pairs that I pay a fiver for. They ride up through the day. Took nearly two weeks to arrive as well

I Scott
I Scott

Hi. Thanks for your reply. For your notes I never ordered during a sale period. I’ve emailed the email address above for a refund. Thank you.

Stephen
StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Feel great, quality let down at first.

Easy to order and fast delivery considering the current climate. Unfortunately mine were slightly tight, but StepOne were great and have sent me out a larger size as part of their fist pair guarantee. And with my first pair the stitching came undone after just two washes. Bit of a shame really, hope it’s just a one off.
EDIT - StepOne sorted out the issue with the stitching. Sent me a new pair straight away.

Chay A.Step One

Nice and comfortable but way overpriced.

I bought two pairs. Great fit but at £15 a pair I won't be buying any more.

PaulCat
PaulCat

Can't let honest criticism go by uncheked, eh?

Fit well but very pricey

Good quality so far, lasting well. Very expensive for basically a pair of boxers. Bring to price down a bit and will definitely buy more.

Underwear Shops & Brands

Find out how Step One Bamboo Men's Trunk (Shorter) compares to other Underwear Shops & Brands

ALister
AListerPerth, WA

Good product however no communication

KBB
KBB

Hole after just a single wear

Purchased 4 pairs of trunks before i left Aus overseas for work. Whilst they are comfortable one of the trunks has a hole after just being worn once. Followed the wash instructions to the letter but still happened, disappointed.

Chay A.Step One

Great style but not the right material for me

JulianneSydney, NSW

Good but starting to chaff

Husband has been wearing them for a little while now bit they are starting to chaff him. It's a bit annoying.

Julianne

He has only been wearing them for 3 months. They should not chaff in that short time

Waist band is shocking

Generally I find the underwear fabric reasonably comfortable. The waistbands however are an issue for me. They roll up and cut into you. I have tried different sizes and it happens all the time. I wont be buying them again.

Jodie C.Step One

Hey mate, so sorry to hear this. Waistband folding is generally an indication to try a size up but thanks so much for the feedback and for giving us a go! Going to pass this on to the team as we're always looking for ways to improve the product.

Lossie95
Lossie95

Already tried sizing up. I’m only 90kg and it’s still doing it with XL

Shaun K.Perth, WA

Fit great, look great then after 12 months fall apart

Love the fit, love the style and colours, then after 12 months it starts, a little thread here a little thread there and they just fall apart in front of your eyes.........very cheaply made..........

Comfort but no thanks

The trunks are very comfortable. Problem was I developed a fungal rash in the area of the Ultraglyde. The bamboo is great for keeping cool but for me the Ultraglyde gave problems. Had to visit the docs for a cream to treat the rash and have stopped wearing the trunks.

falegal
falegal

Material flimsy

My husband was surprised at how thin the fabric was he thought it’ll be more like cotton, very thin. Will first and last pair he’ll buy

Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Great comfort, suspect quality

Bought 8 pairs and have worn them pretty much exclusively since they arrived. They are the most comfortable pants I’ve owned and do not ride up or cause rubbing even after long walks.
6 months in though 3 pairs have developed holes around the waste band which is not good enough at this price.
I have held off buying more as I expect them to last longer than that, In comparison my CK’s lasted a lot longer before showing any wear.

See all Step One Bamboo Men's Underwear reviews