Listing monitored by Step One

Abraham A.
Abraham A.Sydney, NSW

Beware : Not the right size

Sizes are wrong. For Australians anyway. Maybe for skinny nation of Chinese people it would be correct. Buy large if you are medium, and medium if you are small. So on and so forth. Also it can ride up and you'll have to keep pulling it down.

Jodie C.Step One

Disappointed.

The claim is that these undies don't ride up your legs, but unfortunately they do on me.
Due to this, I can't say that they're more comfortable than my other, much cheaper underwear. To be fair, they are very well made and the material is nice and soft.
I'm unlikely to purchase any more.

Robert
Robert

Good product bad customer service

First purchase

Had to come back and buy more as the first pair were too small, hoping upping size will be better

Tyrone S.
Tyrone S.Sydney, NSW

Not for me

while i was excited with the Hype about these underwear sadly for me they do not live up to it.
i have 2 of the trunk shorter leg length ones and they are still way too long coming to my knees, i don't like my underwear to be longer than my shorts. the back also keeps pulling down and not staying above my butt crack making them feel awkward to wear.
the material is great and pouch fit is ok.
just not for me with length and waistband issues.

Chay A.Step One

Elastic is too tight for the size. Good if you like "muffin tops".

Good but not great

They are comfortable, but i found them slightly too tight. Will not persuade me to move my custom from Sepratec or even M&S.

Theresa N.Step One
Steve F.
Steve F.

Hi, Thank you for getting back. No need for second pair, I am sure that most will find them comfortable.

Daniela M.Sydney, NSW

My son loves these as they’re very comfy, but they don’t last long which is a shame. Most of his now have holes in them.

My son LOVES these.They’re super comfy.I got a few in Dec ‘20 & now they have holes in them.They don’t last.

Thank you for sharing the link. I will get this done. Many thanks Chay

Not quite what I was expecting

Not as satisfied as I thought after reading all the reviews. Trunks material comfortable. Waist band to hard and uncomfortable

Alistair
AlistairSouth East Queensland, QLD

Marketing is Misleading

These perform fine for the price, but their marketing is misleading. In my experience they do ride, you do get sweaty and they do cause some discomfort. The stitching around the “men’s area” is particularly uncomfortable when lounging. Additionally, the fabric they use is quite thin. The pros are that they look nice and are better than a lot of cheap underwear. But, if you’re looking for great underwear, look elsewhere. I bought 14 pairs in November and have been wearing them everyday since.

They are okay

There ok they ride up a bit but not as bad as normal boxes a little tight for the size it suggested maybe get next size up but okay otherwise

Taliah B.Step One
M.S.
M.S.Sydney, NSW

Waistband is very, very uncomfortable.

I’m a big fan of the product. Thank you to StepOne replacing my first pair, exchanging from ‘medium’ to ‘large’.

I have my waist measurements correct. I have 5 pairs now at “large”, but the waistband on this underwear is extremely tight, continually folds & is uncomfortable. The waistband is like a resistance band at the gym - it’s ridiculously constrictive, not anything remotely comfortable around the waist.

They do ride up, but not a great deal. That’s to be expected, I guess. The material and colours/ appearance is terrific.

I am disappointed as I’ve tried two size options now, have 5 pairs but still not satisfied. I’d love to keep buying these, but I can’t because of the sizing complexities & waistband issues.

Greg T.Step One

Rachel
RachelPerth, WA

Size is all wrong

Ordered by measuring waist on husband and son and used size chart. Trunks are too small, for husband and son. So looks like son will get to keep dads new trunks and will have to order L for hubby (who is slight in size). Annoying. Please suggest buyers go up a size Step Up!!

leaney
leaneySouthern and Hills, SA

Unlikely to buy any more. Three times the price of my normal trunks but no better.

The site and ordering was simple. The size guide was inaccurate for me and I should have ordered at least one size larger. I can see their potential but being undersize left me less than impressed. The fabric is very soft and you hardly know you’re wearing them.

Jay
JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Issues with the waist band being too tight and doubling over

A family member purchased a pair for me due to the slick advertising. While the product was very comfortable, breathable etc I have found that the garment isn't (for me) really true to sizing. The elastic waist band tends to double over and not sit well. Annoying. Anyway, Step One seems to have great customer service and the ability to exchange or refund.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews