Step One Bamboo Trunk (Shorter)

Step One Bamboo Trunk (Shorter)

4.7 from 1,497 reviews

2.4

Marty

Marty

Extremely comfortable but they have started to fray after a couple of months

Extremely comfortable but they have started to fray after a couple of months. Love wearing these and have a couple of pairs. Only one pair has this issue but didn't expect to have this issue.

Not all that great.

I found these to be quite expensive and not living up to the hype that seems to be around.
They aren't as comfy as they make out, the material actually feels hotter to wear than standard cotton trunks.
I shall not buy a second pair.

KeithAU

KeithAUSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as made out

I purchased one pair as I was sceptical about them and felt they were rather expensive, but decided to give the benefit of the doubt. I put them on the day I received them, and noticed the legs DO ride up. I find them no better than any other Trunks I have purchased.

Underwear Shops & Brands

They’re OK. Are they worth £17?

They arrived super quickly and I genuinely couldn’t wait to try them on because of all the positive reviews and great marketing claims. However, when I did my wife couldn’t contain herself as they’re see through from behind, which left me feeling a bit disappointed. I certainly won’t be squatting in them in public like the adverts! Not worth £17 a pair in my opinion.

Craig
Craig

Thanks for your reply. I did follow the sizing guide. Perhaps I needed the large... I already had them replaced with the boxer type to see if they were any better and they weren’t. Sadly, I now have two pairs that I won’t wear.

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They do ride up

I find that they do ride up i brought them thinking they wouldn't. For that and only that im not satisfied. Everything else gets a tick though, not sure if i have thick enough legs which i think i do.

Sizing Slightly large

The best 2bwear

Definitely better then all the other crap
u buy in the shop will be getting more so comfrey da wear and they say wat they say it stop the scruff so i hope they last

Larry

LarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

. Not that impressed

Internal part of leg mis-shapen, and they ride up, don't stay down, and I have only worn my 4 pairs 2 times. Not that impressed for the price, and the advert is misleading

JustinQueensland

Worst underwear I have ever had :(

I’ve bought 20 pairs, they are great at first you think oh wow you have bought the best underwear’s ever, only after a few washes they return to any normal pair, extremely disappointed for what you pay. I even received 20 replacement pairs they do the exact same thing. I struggle everyday to wear these because how much money I did spend on them.

You are better off buying $5 underwear’s because in the end they will do the same job for a lot less :(
Really disappointed to have lost so much

Rachel

RachelPerth, WA

Size is all wrong

Ordered by measuring waist on husband and son and used size chart. Trunks are too small, for husband and son. So looks like son will get to keep dads new trunks and will have to order L for hubby (who is slight in size). Annoying. Please suggest buyers go up a size Step Up!!

Lisa

LisaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor quality and poor customer service.

1st pack were good quality. 2nd pack were poor quality with waist bands that crumpled up after washing.
My complaint requested an email for follow up, which was never responded to.

Elise C.Step One
Gary S.

Gary S.Illawarra, NSW

Fits well

Used code for cheaper underwear only to be told that the code wasn't available for my order lost a customer. Cant trust anyone who doesn't honour their word bye stepone

Not happy

Not happy with these at all! They still ride up and I have to constantly adjust them. May as well stick with my bonds. False advertising for me! Dont bother!

Brett

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst underwear

Worst underwear I’ve bought not worth the money elastic stretched and creased,fibres coming out and got a rash several times when wearing then completes department didn’t want to hear about treat you like an idiot

Product Appearance Not as advertised

After sales support has been poor

I purchased 7 pairs and was very happy for first 6 months but then stated to wash all our cloth in hot water due COVID-19. 3 pairs got ruined in the wash so I sent an email to ask if that is normal, so wouldn't ruin the remaining pair. I followed up after 2 weeks, but no one has bothered to respond.

Simon

SimonDunlop 2615, ACT

A giant crock of..

As soon as I put these so-called no ride up underwear on, and moved my legs, they moved 3cm up my legs, and kept riding up with every step I took. I want to cut them into a thousand pieces, but I can't afford to throw away my money any more than I already have. I'll have to put up with this sh!t, and wait for the blessed day when I can afford to replace them....

Sam

SamPilbara, WA

No customer service

Hi, I am severely disappointed. I ordered almost a month ago, and still haven’t received my order, but have sent emails, and messages to this fb account and no one ever gets back to me. There is no phone number, so unsure how to get in contact with you?
Hopefully you will see this review and get back to me.

Damo

DamoSydney, NSW

Not worth the purchase price for claims made on the product.

narkle

narkleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

The waist band folds and stays that way and the material is so thin they last only a month or so. Bamboo underwear by ‘Boody’ and much more practical and durable.

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance Not as advertised

Found them to be uncomfortable

Found the elastic up top seems to bunch up/roll. and they don't breath as well as i thought. i seem to be going to my bonds, uniqlo, Kenji trunks instead of these. bit disappointed.

Jay

JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Issues with the waist band being too tight and doubling over

A family member purchased a pair for me due to the slick advertising. While the product was very comfortable, breathable etc I have found that the garment isn't (for me) really true to sizing. The elastic waist band tends to double over and not sit well. Annoying. Anyway, Step One seems to have great customer service and the ability to exchange or refund.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews