Listing monitored by Step One

Great style but not the right material for me

Thomas
ThomasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overrated

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about.

Material is nice and feels good against the skin
Briefs ride up, and become uncomfortable and sticky after a while
The elastic flips over under the waste - this is annoying and uncomfortable. I'm not overweight nor do i have a big belly, but these are really designed for someone quite slim.

Poor quality seams - I had the seam rip along the crotch after 2 wears. Wasn't doing anything dramatic in them, just shredded.

Can't recommend based on my experience.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Waist band is shocking

Generally I find the underwear fabric reasonably comfortable. The waistbands however are an issue for me. They roll up and cut into you. I have tried different sizes and it happens all the time. I wont be buying them again.

Jodie C.Step One

Hey mate, so sorry to hear this. Waistband folding is generally an indication to try a size up but thanks so much for the feedback and for giving us a go! Going to pass this on to the team as we're always looking for ways to improve the product.

Lossie95
Lossie95

Already tried sizing up. I’m only 90kg and it’s still doing it with XL

Shaun K.Perth, WA

Fit great, look great then after 12 months fall apart

Love the fit, love the style and colours, then after 12 months it starts, a little thread here a little thread there and they just fall apart in front of your eyes.........very cheaply made..........

Luke
LukePerth, WA

Not even slightly worth the hype or price

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Buster350
Buster350Melbourne3

Hyoe store THUMBS DOWN

Hype store dont support good luck getting the colours you want. I purchased over 40 pairs most colours are the standard colours. Always miss out on the limited colours. I wont spend another cent on step one again. They don’t look after you. Never got a drop warning. Bonds are better. THUMBS DOWN TO STEP ONE. Throwing all my pair’s in the trash. So who do you look after Step One.?

Sizing Slightly small
falegal
falegal

Material flimsy

My husband was surprised at how thin the fabric was he thought it’ll be more like cotton, very thin. Will first and last pair he’ll buy

Poor Communications

It has now been over 4 weeks since I ordered and to date no one from step one knows where my order is. Rather than send me another order, they continue to inform me that they do not know where my order is but are content to take my money. I suspect that they do not carry stock and the delay is shipment from the manufacturer but they blame Auspost for the delay. It's also interesting that there is no contact number to call.

Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

Bonito
BonitoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I have 40-ish pairs, so this review may SHOCK you

GlennSouthwest, VIC

Not received!

Still haven’t received first pair yet as they went missing in transit apparently which I wasn’t told without me chasing it up after 3 weeks since ordering. Then offered tracking on a second pair and nearly a week has past and still no tracking number….

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Underwear Shops & Brands

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Theresa N.Step One

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews