Listing monitored by Step One

Philip B.
Philip B.South East Queensland, QLD

Unsuitable for me

Tried a pair of these following positive reviews and strong advertising. After first wash holes appeared in the thread, and in all fairness the company replaced so good customer service. Trouble is they made my chaffing worse. They may work for you.

Various size

Having bought a fair few of these now i am now finding the sizes are varying even though ive bought same size all the time it seems the elastic waist band has changed. Still trying to get replacement ones after numerous email and pictures without success at the moment.

Sizing Slightly small
john
john

I have sent them a email with size requirement and style but as per normal customer service is appalling don’t even reply

Simon R
Simon RNortheast, VIC

Sizes Run Small

Sizing chart incorrect, took 18 days to arrive, sent one of the two pair back postage $12.55. Seriously do not bother.

Sizing Very small
Orry
OrryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking.

This was the worse experience I’ve ever had, it took over three weeks for my order to come even though I paid for next day delivery. And when I tried finding out where my delivery was it took two weeks and three emails later to get back to me. Horrible service wish I never bought these.

Sizing Slightly small
Underwear Shops & Brands

Find out how Step One Bamboo Men's Trunk (Shorter) compares to other Underwear Shops & Brands

KBB
KBB

Hole after just a single wear

Purchased 4 pairs of trunks before i left Aus overseas for work. Whilst they are comfortable one of the trunks has a hole after just being worn once. Followed the wash instructions to the letter but still happened, disappointed.

Chay A.Step One

Great style but not the right material for me

Waist band is shocking

Generally I find the underwear fabric reasonably comfortable. The waistbands however are an issue for me. They roll up and cut into you. I have tried different sizes and it happens all the time. I wont be buying them again.

Jodie C.Step One

Hey mate, so sorry to hear this. Waistband folding is generally an indication to try a size up but thanks so much for the feedback and for giving us a go! Going to pass this on to the team as we're always looking for ways to improve the product.

Lossie95
Lossie95

Already tried sizing up. I’m only 90kg and it’s still doing it with XL

Shaun K.Perth, WA

Fit great, look great then after 12 months fall apart

Love the fit, love the style and colours, then after 12 months it starts, a little thread here a little thread there and they just fall apart in front of your eyes.........very cheaply made..........

falegal
falegal

Material flimsy

My husband was surprised at how thin the fabric was he thought it’ll be more like cotton, very thin. Will first and last pair he’ll buy

Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Theresa N.Step One

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Underwear Shops & Brands

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

Don't recommend

Very disappointing after reading heaps of reviews they are uncomfortable and ride up heaps and I am constantly pulling them down. Will not be buying them again.

Trae K.
Trae K.

I originally ordered a pair or medium sized ones and they were riding up so I thought maybe it was the size so I ordered a small but the same thing just not as comfortable as I thought as well

See all Step One Bamboo Men's Underwear reviews