Listing monitored by Step One

Good fit. could be improved

The fit is great, the comfort would be 100 times better if the seams were not so bulky and rough. After a long day working outdoors in the tropics, irritation is inevitable. Flat seams would help a great deal, till then I guess turning them inside out is the solution.

Like it well enough, other than I have to take my trousers down to pee. But, I bought more.

Even for me , i was able to navigate successfully. Love the new lime but missed out on patterned one when it was released.

Product Appearance As advertised
Bobc
Bobc

Quality has dropped in past 12 months

Quality has dropped significantly in the pairs purchased more recently. Considering I would only wear each pair a maximum of once a week, they are falling apart too quickly. I still have the pair I purchased 12 months earlier, with minimal deterioration. Unfortunately, as the standard has obviously dropped, they are no longer worth the price tag. A few started tearing at the seam, but the latest pair has torn in the fabric, not the seams. Very disappointed.

Bonito
BonitoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I have 40-ish pairs, so this review may SHOCK you

L. Colver
L. Colver

Not as good as I had hoped

Very easy to find what I wanted on the website and a good range of products and colours but they didn't live up to expectations. The waistband rolled over all the time even though I ordered the correct size and I also found that whilst driving the right leg rolled up as well. I have previously purchased much cheaper underwear from department stores that didn't have those issues. I wouldn't bother paying so much more for a product that performs the same or worse than much cheaper altenatives.

Val K.
Val K.South East Queensland, QLD

Good but mine always get holes...

Brought 4 pairs three have holes in them now..., Very good besides that, one pair lasted less than a month
Filled out form 2 weeks ago no response yet.

Ellen L
Ellen LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy.

The first lot 7 I ordered where nice fit but a little tight on the waist. I wrote but go no reply. The next 7 I purchased I thought i would try a firmer leg and the trunks are to tight on the waist. they are nice in the leg. My wife has come up on the account.

Sizing Slightly small
Product Appearance As advertised

Great product but last only 2 months before tears appear.

Bought 5 pairs. Sadly don't last over 2 months before holes appear at seams of the lycra and undie material.

Theresa N.Step One

When they are gone there will be no more

I have 8 step ones. They are comfortable for general wear but I operate machinery for 12 hours a day and by the end of the day I am itching. Back to the old Bonds for me.

JimBSydney, NSW

Comfortable but don't last

I have about 9 pairs now, switching from other premium brand underwear I've used for many years and while they are the MOST comfortable underwear I've worn, in less than 12 months elastic in the material is visibly breaking down. (not the waistband, the trunks themselves)

That's no good for such expensive underwear, and I don't have a budget to replace them every 12 months.

My previous name-brand underwear also did this, but it takes over 2 years to get to the state Step One's reach in around a year.

If they continue as my other premium underwear did, they will end up just another pair of expensive 'saggy-bum' underwear.

Quality control

Stitching is coming apart after only a couple of months. Very disappointing!
Only bought one pair to try them.
Glad I did.

Andrew C.
Andrew C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very comfortable & the extra room at the front is on point!

Went with the shorter leg as recommended. Found them very comfortable, but found they still ride up my skinny legs. Will definitely get some more pairs, I give the longer leg version a crack & I reckon they’ll be sweet, as I said they are very comfy undies. Awesome job STEP ONE!!

they are good

These are comfy as hell just find they slide down im constantly pulling them up but comfort wise top shelf

Chay A.Step One

Underwear; Come get some!

A very comfy pair of trunks that do what they say. Only reason I can’t give 5 stars is I’ve only had them for a few months. And I expect underwear to last a decade…ha ha….

Dave W.
Dave W.
Theresa N.Step One

Hahaha that's great to hear Dave! Thanks for the support mate :)

Split after wearing a new pair through the day.

I have ordered every new colour since I found out about these from the adverts, and have always been pleased, most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I ordered the latest colour Cosmosis, and have noticed them to be a slightly different material. After wearing a pair for the day, found them to have split quite badly at the side seam, so consigned them to the dustbin. Shame as I had ordered 3 pairs of that colour and I am hoping that the other two pairs do not split and end up in the dustbin as well.

Theresa N.Step One

Hey Dave, thanks for the review; we're so sorry to hear that has happened to your Step Ones. Please fill out this form and our CS team will sort it out for you - https://stepone.life/pages/warranty-first-pair-guarantee

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews