Step One Bamboo Underwear

Product AppearanceAs advertised
Rick Canzler

Rick Canzler

Objective

I’m a large guy and the waist band rolls under my fat stomach if there was a way to stop it I’d buy more because they are other wise very comfortable

Mary

MaryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not what I expected

I purchased for my partner I thought they’d be great reading the reviews. My partner says they are quite hot so would only wear in winter. I wash them and I have a good front loader I was in a bra bag, but still all the elastic has gone horrible in all 5 pair I purchased. The saving grace is although he finds them hot he said they are comfortable, however for price I think I could find others just as comfortable

Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Not quite as advertised

After seeing the advert for these a few times I decided to go for it. I like long leg underwear so my thighs don’t rub. They certainly do that. However. The sewn rim on the end of the leg is so tight and has very little stretch room. My thighs become very sore and I feel like blood is being restricted to my legs due to how tight they are. I wouldn’t be buying these again. I’m a slim build man with toned thighs. I hate to think what they would be like on a larger man with bigger thighs than me. Not a great product.

Chris N.

Chris N.Perth, WA

Overhyped

Bought these a while back, as someone with big thighs I've only ever been able to wear loose boxers.
I was hoping these would be ideal, they weren't. I've never had to adjust my jocks so many times in one day. They ride and twist on thighs and were insanely uncomfortable. I contacted them and to their credit sent out the next size straight away, exactly the same problem.
Customer service is great but the reality is these are overhyped and marketed undies. I've gone back to my kmart alpha $5 undies that are 100 x better.

Hey Chris,
Sorry to hear they didn’t work out for you. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks,
Taliah

Uncomfortable heat

nylon like insert creates more heat. white are one fabric. Not hot. Very disappointed in dark blue with ''nylon feeling insert''

TimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disapointed

Ive brought a few step one underwear over the last few years. The first lot i brought b4 all the tv ads etc lasted a year / year and a half or so b4 they started to fall apart. I thought ok that must be about the life span of them. I ordered another 7 pairs or so that have just arrived and i am disappointed that the elastic waist band is alot more thinner and curls over when wearing them. Must be trying to cut costs and save money on production resulting in less quality. The original step ones were more comphy. Even on the tv comercials ive seen the waist strap is wide like old ones.

Greg T.Step One
Tim

Both lots of underwear i brought were same size the newest ones i have brought have a thinner waist strap . I have taken photos to prove it. That what dissapoints me. I dont see the waist strap on the new lot lasting . And they roll over .

TimothyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would be perfect if it wasnt for the email spam

I didnt signup to any mailing list, just simply purchased the clothes and now suffering as a result. Such a terrible design from this company!

The clothes themselves are a lot more darker/olive green rather than the highligher green on the website, when compared to workware green shirts, these dacks come out as yellow in comparison. Very disappointing product.

Timothy

Has been the best thing I have ever got, its so worth it

It was easy to find the right pair and the quality of these are 10/10 and I am very happy I did

Sizing

Sizing out of wack.
Returned first pair and second pair was sized the same.
XL supposed to be for a 40" waist they actually measure 32" you can stretch the waistband to fit but putting a stretch of 8" on the waist band is not comfortable. As to the advert on the TV if his step-one's were any tighter his head would pop off, I can only assume he's having the same problem.

Joshua B.

Joshua B.Wheatbelt, WA

Absolutely amazing

Originally I got this over a month ago and it never came but when I emailed them about it I got an instant reply from there amazing customer service saying they could give me the refund or get a replacement sent over and when I asked for the replacement I got it in under 2 weeks which is amazing, they fit like a charm and are very comfy. Tho the prices are a little bit too pricey for just one pair it makes sense for its amazing comfort making a very nice luxury item. But besides that. amazing and wonderful customer service, would buy more in the future when I have enough spare money to spend.

Happy Shopper

Happy ShopperSydney, NSW

Perfect Gift

I brought 1 pair as a gift and I guess trail for my Partner. He now wears boxer shorts with no support.
He put them on straight away and he loves them. He felt very comfortable in them and even walked around the house with just his "Step Ones" on and a Tee shirt.

CalebPerth, WA

Decent but not what I was hoping for.

Caleb

Not true to advertising. Uncomfortable.

Underwear advertising that they won’t ride up causing wedgies.personally I have never experienced so many in one day. Two stars because they are light and breathable at least, but uncomfortable.

jellietiah

jellietiahCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

You sweat just as much as in other underware.

For me they are no different to my other jocks. I sweat just as much as before. Cotton is better. Step One expensive. Will not buy anymore. Navigation was easy on site.

Jarrod W.

Jarrod W.Gippsland, VIC

Don't Buy!!

After some time in use the fabric started to fade and material began to lose its quality and Ive only had them for about 4 months. Very expensive for what they turn out to be. But I did enjoy the first few months.

Underwear Shops & Brands

Ride up and roll down shouble be the new name

Wow , have never had a pair like this . I see the big guys in the ad have no issues with riding up or rolling down .im not the smallest person out there but as soon as I pit a pair on I have the band keep rolling over it self . Also have to keep pulling them down because they keep lifting up . My new 5 pairs whent straight in the bin still in the little black bags . Totall waste of money!!!!!!

not that long at all

I bought 4 pair of these to replace some tatty Obviously brand long leg boxer briefs.
I need the long leg because of a skin condition I have that causes most long leg trouses to itch me.Unfortunately they are not as long leg as claimed.
I am going back to the Obviously brand from now on.
The step one's will be use as cleaning cloths.
That is all they are good for.

Bryan white

Bryan whiteSydney, NSW

Going back to Bonds so I moved away

These fell a bit slimy to the touch they grip you Like Tight too ..not comfy at all
They do move as well which they say they wouldn’t sorry back to Bonds

Andrew James

Andrew JamesCanberra 2600, ACT

Product doesn’t match pictures on website or TV advertising.

Product doesn’t match pictures on website or TV advertising.

The waist elastic band on my shorts is half the thickness compared to what’s advertised.

Apart from that the product quality is not the same as Bonds etc.

Comfortable but terribly quick to fall apart

Bought a pair to try, loved them so bought 4 more. Within one week two of them started to get a tear on the seam of the waist elastic. They do what they say they do just wish the build quality was better.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews