Step One Bamboo Underwear

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised

NikGippsland, VIC

Regrettable purchase

Absolute waste of money. I normally wear cotton boxers and thought I'd try the Step One product after the flood of adverts. Way too uncomfortable. Ridiculously tight around the groin and an odd "wet" feeling all the time. Gave them a couple of days and just couldn't do it any more. The first pair free is misleading because, if you need to return them for a refund, they must be unopened. Bit hard to do if you practice reasonable personal hygiene and change every day. Ended up binning them. Quite dissatisfied with the purchase.

Nik

Problem is though Greg, it seems to me to be impossible to make a judgement after one day.

Hey Nik,
You have 30 days to make your mind up!
Are you still in the 30 day guarantee period?
Greg

JackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Once again step one I found even the longer boxer briefs in a larger size rode up straight away and were uncomfortable

Let down again, I would try the longer briefs in a medium instead of large but I feel it would be a waste of money, not sure why I'm having no luck with these

Hey Jack
Appreciate your comments. If you've tried both styles, then we are more than happy to give you a full refund on your first pair. Obviously you keep both pairs we've sent you.
Sorry it hasn't worked out!
Best, Greg

Unfortunately not satisfied.

Bought these 2 months ago for partner and already elastic waist rolls down and 2 chaffing episodes. With larger thighs my partner was hopeful. Quick delivery but product doesn't last. Waist band starting to Frey. Poor quality. Stick to Kmart. Cheap and last same amount of time.

Not satisfied
Not satisfied

I have already emailed weeks ago and been forgotten about

Greg T.Step One

Can you please resend that email now to info@stepone.life and I'll check for it now. Really sorry about this.
Greg

A flattering package

David Caddy

I purchased my 1st pair to try them. They stretched and sagged after two wears and became extremely uncomfortable.

Washed once by hand. Worn them three times. Panel have stretched, Elastic in legs useless and waist band rolls over making it uncomfortable. Typical Chinese Manufacture all materials too light and poor quality. Having said that I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and I have ordered a smaller pair. I would strongly suggest that you up the quality of your materials if you want to stay in the market because at the moment I feel that they are in the same range as Target $3 pair. Sorry to write this, part of me is disappointing and part of me wants to see you succeed. PS your site does not seem to offer the choice of multiple colors under one purchase.

David Caddy

Thanks Greg. I hope they work out as I like your attitude and approach to resupplying the market with a quality product
Cheers

These ride up like a shonky?!

Brought 4 pair they rode up so much took advice and got the longer ones (like 30mm longer) I thought thats not going to make any difference and was right they just ride up and bunch up so much its ridiculous, tried different sizes as well, tried about 10 other brands as well in my quest but all pretty average until I found Kmart alpha sports long briefs $8 and they are exceptional, someone in one of these reviews mentioned them. The step ones do feel nice when you first pug them on until you move like 30 seconds later they just ride hard

joe k

joe kGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be Careful Big People

I am a big person and my waist size is 120cm. According to the size chart i am at the upper end of the 2X. The underware feels good,however because when big people sit down the stomach expands.and the waistband works as a tourniquet and is extremely tight. I sent an e-mail to the company asking them if they had a 3X trunk. I also sent an e mail explaining the problem for big people and that I felt that the waistband did not expand enough.
This was more than a week ago and no reply from the company.So much for the satisfaction policy?

Danial Beinke

Danial BeinkeSouth East Queensland, QLD

as a 2nd time returning customer

sadly 1st order sizing was too big BUT I stuck with them for a few months, now with no more elastic rubbing inner leg rashes I've returned for MORE <3

Adam W

Adam WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

As per normal underwear they split so just the same as normal brands - just more expensive- bought 6 pairs after the glowing reviews- never again. Really disappointing as I wanted them to be great

Underwear Shops & Brands

I was offered support and comfort, all I received was thin fabric undies offering no support.

The cheapest underwear if ever seen, and for your price that's ridiculous. They offered no support, I purchased them for support while riding sports bikes, very disappointed in the product.

Greg T.Step One

Not as good as they make out but still comfortable

I actually believed the hype and ordered 7 pairs as my first order.
I have large legs and these underpants are not tight enough on my legs to prevent ride up, in fact even putting on long pants pushed them up the legs, where as the lycra ones I use to prevent chaffing do not.
Other than that the material does feel really nice and soft. But if your expecting the "never ride up" and "never have to adjust again" is simply not true. They are actually a bit annoying like that
I wont be going back to buy more, but wont slam them down either.

CHAFE

Very disappointed! I purchased them about 4 weeks ago in preparation for summer hoping to avoid CHAFE a bit better. First warmer day and I can barley walk it's that bad. I'm not a big man just active with work and these are no better than the cheapo underwear you get from any shop.

Joanne

Joanne

Happy Hubby

I must say in 33 years ive never heard my old man being so happy with a pair of undies.
I had purchased 2 from our first order for a trial run and then recently another order for 15 pairs to get the great special price.
He's now got enough to last a life time :)
He says that they are the most comfortable undies he's ever worn, no creeping up legs and not having to keep repositioning the valuables.
He even went on a mans weekend and as men do up early in there jocks noticed someone else wearing "Step Ones"
So begins another conversation about the best undies out there.
Great product "Step One"

Dave N.Step One

LOL. Thank you so much, Joanne! A Step One men's club sounds awesome! Glad that they found the One. errrr, Step One, rather. :)

jay

jaySydney, NSW

It's ok but not worth the hype

I purchased 2 pairs to trial , one boxer brief and one trunk.

I would never again buy the boxer brief as it rides up like everything else. But then again I do admit I got slim legs, maybe for bigger guys this would suit.

The briefs are comfortable. The material is great, very slight ride up. The only thing is needs to harder material to support the "package" section.

Doesn’t deliver on promises

Ok Firstly they ride up. Secondly the band around the top keeps folding In Half making for an uncomfortable experience. Thirdly they don’t support your junk as advertised.
On a plus side they are well made

Kellie S.

Kellie S.Perth, WA

Utter disappointment

For the price you pay and all the promises in the ads we are really disappointed, my partner is still experiencing chafing.
Also moisture is not wicked away.
Postage took a while and updates for tracking were seriously slow.

Save your money folks and just buy your regular jocks.

Dave N.Step One

Hi Kellie,

We are so sorry to hear this. If you can please send us the order number or send us an email at info@stepone.life, we will be happy to turn this experience around. Thank you.

SarahCentral West, NSW

Bad qualitity but apparently comfy

Bought hubbie a few pairs 12 months ago & they already have holes in them , he says they are comfy but at this price I won’t buy again he can be uncomfortable in cheaper cotton undies.

Sarah

Unfortunately no, purchased on 21/5/2018 & always cold wash & line dry.

Ado x

Ado xMid North Coast, NSW

You owe me 14 bucks!

Ok, so I went to your store through your email ad where it said 7 pairs @ $18.00 ea. Got to the site and it said 7 pairs for $20.00 ea. I like them so much, I still bought them, but you owe me 14 bucks! Cheers, Michael

Adam

AdamSouthwest, VIC

Comfy butt.... Still ride up

Comfy and good fabric, although it does take an age to dry, so if doing an activity while where you sweat, take a clean pair to put on, cos they stay damp. The so called never ride up on the long trunks doesn't work, they still ride up and I find myself forever pulling the legs down. Very let down, or rather bunched up. Sadly I bought several pairs living in hope. Won't be buying more.

Pedro

PedroFar North Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but the elastic waist continually folds over! Different sizes makes no difference

Very comfortable fabric but elastic waistband folds over continually and choosing a different size make absolutely no difference it’s just too flimsy or too wide and size changes won’t make any difference

August 5th 2019 Update: Waistband folds over continually

Staff here will continually tell you everything is a sizing issue ! It makes no difference what size you have the waistband continually folds over making it uncomfortable . It’s either too wide or to flimsy ! This is the only issue that needs to be sorted and then maybe the claim of most comfortable underwear will be true ! I’ve been refunded and sizes exchanged but this won’t change my rating as the product has not changed !

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews