Step One Bamboo Underwear

Seriously great undies.

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised

The thinnest pair of undies on the planet! Already holes when opened!

I was really excited to try on my FIRST pair of Step One underwear. I received the package this morning, opened it up... it did not live up to my expectations.

The SIZING was completely fine!

I was expecting at least some sort of thick-ish material, but disappointingly, the material is as thin as THIN!! They feel so fragile, one stretch and I feel like they'll tear and become useless!!!

Opening it from the package, without even wearing it yet, I already see a hole in the seam of the crotch!!

I had really high expectations for this brand, but unfortunately, the underwear just does not live up to what claims to be... for the price, you really expect it to be thick, decent quality!!

Expecting a full refund. Thank you.

Disappointed big time .

When you first put them on there fine , but then as the day progresses they drift down , and when that happens your jewels are again not contained , also the band always tends to fold , so no im not happy with them , and unfortunately i bought eight of them .

Cody B.

Cody B.South East Queensland, QLD

They are essentially bike elastic pants,they stop chaffing but they keep everything bunched up..not good

Looks great.. gives no breathing room for male jewels.. they are literally like bike pants with a fancy name. They do stop chaffing, but a differemr material should be used

Hey Cody,
Sorry to hear, we offer a First Pair Guarantee so you can apply for a full refund on our website.
Regards
Greg

Karen Williamson

Karen WilliamsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Needs fly

I purchased 1 pair of the longer version for my husband but thought they werw a little expensive . He loves the lycra section and the leg length but despises the fact there is no fly. Finds it very inconvenient without and for thus reason alone would not purchase additional jocks. Now if you were to improve the design by incorporating a fly you'd have the perfect pair of jocks.

John K.

John K.Illawarra, NSW

Overpriced, overrated

The material is really nice. The fit isn't. Every other pair of my undies are large and fit fine. The large in Step One cut into me all day and I can't wear them. Got an XL pair but the band still isn't that comfortable and the pouch wasn't a good fit either.

Susy

SusyMelbourne

Made in China. One pair had holes. Very comfortable though

One pair had holes - poorly made. Wasn't aware they're made in China. Also heaps of TV advertising but only one color was available when ordering. Having said that, they are comfortable and this was my 2nd order but unfortunately my last.

They need work.

They need work.Sydney, NSW

Great, except for one thing.

They are great underpants, except for one thing, and it's annoying and uncomfortable. The waistband crumples and becomes really uncomfortable. Other brands have this sorted out. Needs fixing. Until it's sorted I'd probably go elsewhere.

Ty W

Not as good as being made out to be.

I received my order yesterday, I’ve just put them on this morning and they honestly feel like your wearing skins... I do a lot of walking and my walk this morning was horrible.. the step ones weren’t sliding up but my shorts were. I don’t think these are worth the $30 you pay. Quite disappointed to be honest. Your ad made them seem so good :(

Fiona

FionaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

I have brought several pairsfor my son, I like the colours and they fit well, they do stop the shafting that he gets a lot BUT they don't last longer than 3 months before they get holes in them to the point they are ruined. For the money they cost you would think they would last longer. Very disappointed, won't be buying anymore.

Brunoguerra

BrunoguerraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy it does not breathe like it says and the elastic band crunches up would not buy again gr8 company to deal with

Good service fast delivery product is not what i expected not suitable for me but not to say its not good for others give it a try hope you wont be disappointed

Thanks for the review.
We offer a 30-day First Pair Guarantee, so shoot us an email at info@stepone.life and we'll provide you a full refund.
Regards
Greg

Enigma26

Enigma26adelaide

GOOD but disintegrate and don’t last!

I have purchased over 10 pairs of Step One boxers for my son and am very careful how I wash them as I want them to last. But, they are extremely thin and after a few wears, disintegrate at the thigh area. I bought them for the anti chafing feature and claims, as my son has large thighs but am disappointed they don’t last. They aren’t exactly cheap and I wish they lasted longer. Plus, he prefers the Adidas ones with the hole in the front, if you know what I mean.. apparently they are better at preventing chafing. I do think the advertising is a tad exaggerated.

Deano

DeanoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Comfy but chaffed terribly

Got a couple of pairs as a pressie. They're comfy but the waistband tends to bunch up and as soon as it's a bit hot they chafe terribly. It was only 30 degrees today and after a bit of a walk my thighs are red raw. And I'm not a big fat bugger either. Sure, my thighs do rub a bit, but none of my other undies leave me this bad. Looks like these will be for cooler weather or for the bedroom only.

David W.

David W.Eyre Peninsula, SA

Sweaty crutch

They are not great. I bought the Boxers. The waist band folds over and doesn’t recover and the Lycra continues all the way around the inside of them??? Great between your legs but no good in your crutch, I don’t like them at all if you’re going to do any exercise. You end up with a ver sweaty crutch.

Grant S.

Grant S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable undies can’t knock that as for build quality very very poor 7 out of 10 pairs have fallen apart!

Store was easy to navigate thought it was well set up. Good range out of stock a lot of times. Very very poor quality fall apart so easily and for the price they are charging definitely not worth it!

RobPerth, WA

Really wanted these to be great, but they just aren’t.

Squeaky

SqueakyPerth, WA

Unrealistic sizes

Where do they find all these tiny little people that as supposed to fit into these cloths? I'm just an average larger sized guy, and can't get their 3X past my knees. If I do pull them all the way up, they are like a cheap hotel, (no ball room) and they cut off circulation to my legs. How about some larger sizes, (leg sizes especially) that will fit real people that count their waist above their hips, not halfway down their back sides.

Good.....but, always a but

Bought 7 pairs and love the fit. BUT.....it is now 4 months later and the material has worn so thin that it is tearing, to expensive to replace every 4 months. Thanks but no thanks.

bought 15 pairs and about 8 of them Have holes in them

Not happy. I bought 15 pairs and about 8 of them Have holes in them not sure what the next will be as they were dstopping the chaffe please advise

Hi Lynn,
This shouldn't happen! Please email us at info@stepone.life so we can sort it out for you.
Best, Greg

Kevin H.

Kevin H.Peel, WA

not what they can be

would like to talk to someone in regards to improving your product. i think your missing the point but have the right idea.
there is a reason why you target middle aged guys.

Mark B.

Mark B.Mid North Coast, NSW

Very Comfortable - Short Lived

Just over twelve months ago (October 2018) I order 4 pairs. I was so impressed with them that ordered another 15 Pairs. I have just thrown out the last surviving pair. All 19 failed in the same way. Every single pair. A hole at the back where the bamboo attaches to the lycra. One pair blew out the first use and were replaced no-charge which was nice. All up I paid $317 for 19 pairs which lasted 14 months. So on average, each pair was only worn for 3 weeks before they were thrown out. I have just read that they have a 12 month warranty on their products. Guess I should have said something sooner.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews