Step One Bamboo Underwear

Seriously great undies.

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised

Jason ODonnellNorth West, QLD

I would never buy this product

I got my husband seven pairs and two pair got holes in them not a good product and I have sent an email to the company and no response bad company

Jason ODonnell

When it happened no one bothered to contact me so I’m not sure if it has been 12 months

Greg T.Step One

Sorry to hear Jason, please shoot an email so we can look into it for you. Please forward the email you sent us so we can back date it.
Regards
Greg

rick

rickNorthern Region, NSW

Not good!

Bought 8 pairs of short trunks, Good for first couple of months then the elastic at the top tends to double up over itself making them uncomfortable. Have three pairs that have holes in them from pegging on the clothes line ( dont use pegs). I will not be waisting my money again!! Not Happy!

Craig K.

Craig K.South East Queensland, QLD

Not worth the price

I bought mine in November 2019 and the elastic in the legs is already wearing out and they ride up my legs. Also the elastic waist band is too thin and constantly folds over with body movement making it uncomfortable. Another high quality brand I've had were not as expensive as these but lasted far longer and had much thicker elastic waist so it stays flat. Now I've had them longer than 30 days they can't be returned.

Fell apart in a month

They fell apart apart within a couple of months of wearing them. Big hole in the back of them and had to chuck them in the bin. Not worth it.

Jeremy C.

Jeremy C.Sydney, NSW

False advertising. Terrible product.

I honestly don't understand all the high ratings? They specify that the underwear does not ride up yet I bought 4 pairs and they all do..... false advertisement. Very expensive for what they are also. Won't consider them again.

narkle

narkleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

The waist band folds and stays that way and the material is so thin they last only a month or so. Bamboo underwear by ‘Boody’ and much more practical and durable.

DoonaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not good

I bought them for a Christmas present and took them to America for my partner. He tried them on and they ripped between the band and backside material. Not very strong

Doona

Sorry but the underpants have been thrown away in the USA after it happened so no photos

Tony lipovac

Tony lipovacSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

First pair good..ok ...
So we purchased a second pair.dont know what happened did they drop in quality..but they second pair only lasted a few weeks..cant justify the price to quality..wont buy again

Totally disappointed

I gave step one long briefs a go and I personally felt the underwear did completely the opposite as advertised. I ended purchasing a 3 pk of Calvin Klien for the same price

Matt b.
Matt b.

Thank you Greg. I’m not after anything. I have thrown your product away and was warning other customers that your product is over priced and not meeting my expectations

Luke

LukeHunter Region, NSW

Poor quality

For $29 a pair they shouldn't get holes in them with in 2 months of use very poor quality dont waste your money on this product you will be left dissatisfied

Elastic curls like a rope around waist quickly.

The undies are super comfortable but with all pairs the elastic curls up like a rope so just end up going back to other brands that don’t do this. That’s the only draw back and if they got rid of the rope strangling and better elastic they quirk be perfect. Hope this helps you guys with product development.

JackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Once again step one I found even the longer boxer briefs in a larger size rode up straight away and were uncomfortable

Let down again, I would try the longer briefs in a medium instead of large but I feel it would be a waste of money, not sure why I'm having no luck with these

Hey Jack
Appreciate your comments. If you've tried both styles, then we are more than happy to give you a full refund on your first pair. Obviously you keep both pairs we've sent you.
Sorry it hasn't worked out!
Best, Greg

Unfortunately not satisfied.

Bought these 2 months ago for partner and already elastic waist rolls down and 2 chaffing episodes. With larger thighs my partner was hopeful. Quick delivery but product doesn't last. Waist band starting to Frey. Poor quality. Stick to Kmart. Cheap and last same amount of time.

Not satisfied
Not satisfied

I have already emailed weeks ago and been forgotten about

Greg T.Step One

Can you please resend that email now to info@stepone.life and I'll check for it now. Really sorry about this.
Greg

Poor Customer After Sale Service

Brought 4 pair of trunks costing quite a few $. When one pair tore after only one wash and wear i tried to get a replacement pair. Given the cost of this product u'd figure it wouldn't be too much to ask.....how wrong i was. Sent three emails to Step One over a 3 week period asking for a replace pair but have heard nothing back.....obviously "good customer after sale service" is not a priority for this company.....Buyer Beware

December 17th 2019 Update: Not Worth the $

Waste of $. Brought 4 pair, two developed holes in the material under the waist band after only a few wears. The product is not worth the cost, better value with other products.

David Caddy

I purchased my 1st pair to try them. They stretched and sagged after two wears and became extremely uncomfortable.

Washed once by hand. Worn them three times. Panel have stretched, Elastic in legs useless and waist band rolls over making it uncomfortable. Typical Chinese Manufacture all materials too light and poor quality. Having said that I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and I have ordered a smaller pair. I would strongly suggest that you up the quality of your materials if you want to stay in the market because at the moment I feel that they are in the same range as Target $3 pair. Sorry to write this, part of me is disappointing and part of me wants to see you succeed. PS your site does not seem to offer the choice of multiple colors under one purchase.

David Caddy

Thanks Greg. I hope they work out as I like your attitude and approach to resupplying the market with a quality product
Cheers

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fell apart in less than 3 month's

Purchased 2 pairs for my partner, within 3 months they wore in the crotch stitching and as a result fell to pieces. Followed all care instructions and had measured him for size and this still happened. Not happy at all

Just marketing ploy

The waist band is destroyed after less than a year. The elastic cuts in and is shreading and is the worst quality. Not worth what we paid for them. Would not buy again.

Don't last

Purchased 4 pair and all of them had worn out in 4 months.
Posted it online to step one but they wouldn't replace as they wanted photo's or the product.
I myself find that rather odd as who keeps worn out underwear and would take photo's?
Definitely more cost effective to use previous underwear as was cheaper and lasted longer

Disappointed
Disappointed

Really. Don't know anyone who keeps stuffed underwear let alone takes photo's!!
Secondly it's funny how that warranty isn't shipped and stated with the product.
To little to late.

These ride up like a shonky?!

Brought 4 pair they rode up so much took advice and got the longer ones (like 30mm longer) I thought thats not going to make any difference and was right they just ride up and bunch up so much its ridiculous, tried different sizes as well, tried about 10 other brands as well in my quest but all pretty average until I found Kmart alpha sports long briefs $8 and they are exceptional, someone in one of these reviews mentioned them. The step ones do feel nice when you first pug them on until you move like 30 seconds later they just ride hard

devina l.

devina l.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

My partner has worn his step ones 3 times since I brought them and the have treads coming off the underwear and they are riding up his legs I am not happy with this product this is the first pair I was think of buying another I am not going to buy another

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews