Step One Bamboo Underwear

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised
rebecca m.

rebecca m.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but already have a hole

Recently bought the blue pair and they are as comfortable formy partner as his orange ones but they have a small hole in the back up where the normal material is at the waistband. I think that part needs to be made stronger as all he has done is wear them and i wash them and they havent caught on anything. I wasnt to impressed finding a hole in underwear thats only been worn three maybe four times since they were bought

Taliah B.Step One

Comfy but?

Brought first pair after seeing ads thought give try be good for work yes they are extremely comfy but outsides have become bobbly after less than a week But overall good just expensive

Greg T.Step One

Nice and comfy BUT........

Easy site to navigate and quick delivery

My trunks arrived and put them on, and they are veyy comfy

BUT.... after one wash they have gone all bobbly and look like i have had them for years.

Taliah B.Step One
Underwear Shops & Brands

They’re OK. Are they worth £17?

They arrived super quickly and I genuinely couldn’t wait to try them on because of all the positive reviews and great marketing claims. However, when I did my wife couldn’t contain herself as they’re see through from behind, which left me feeling a bit disappointed. I certainly won’t be squatting in them in public like the adverts! Not worth £17 a pair in my opinion.

Craig
Craig

Thanks for your reply. I did follow the sizing guide. Perhaps I needed the large... I already had them replaced with the boxer type to see if they were any better and they weren’t. Sadly, I now have two pairs that I won’t wear.

Wear and Tear

Easy to navigate. Great range. I love how comfortable they are and the price is OK but they wear out way too quickly. They get multiple holes in them. Done

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They do ride up

I find that they do ride up i brought them thinking they wouldn't. For that and only that im not satisfied. Everything else gets a tick though, not sure if i have thick enough legs which i think i do.

Chris B.

Chris B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product but company ethics questionable

Good boxers, nice true to size fit, don’t ride up or chafe as advertised however the “no more sweaty balls” claim is not true in my experience. The main reason I won’t be ordering more than the 1 pair I already have is because I disagree with the outsourcing of manufacturing, @ £17 a pair ($30aud) there should be more than enough money to support your local community and local economy by manufacturing locally. So at £17 and made in China I just see profiteering from cheap imports with inflated prices. Such a shame as honestly I’d replace all my pants with step one if there ethics where as good as their product.

Comfortable but not long term!

I purchased a few pairs of the trunks and at first, was extremely impressed with the product. They are very comfortable and breathable. However, after just a few months of having them, they became thin and began to stretch out. They now fall down and are not very comfortable. I am disappointed because I was hoping they would last years of wear.

Greg T.Step One

Decent but can get same performance for a fifth the cost

These are undoubtedly decent garments - they don't ride up, they look decent and the slippiness felt nice to other people. The are well made and fairly comfortable on the whole.
Are they worth the price, even if you buy 10 at a time? No. For a fifth of the price, you can easily buy 4 pairs of pants that are as supportive, do not ride up, do not chafe and offer all the benefits of these ones. Albeit without quite as many garish colours.

Not the best I've worn

I'll agree that the fabric doesn't ride up and chaffing is reduced but they aren't the best I've worn...

I have to wear a pad in my boxers due to an operation and it doesn't stick or stay out in these causing issues. I have been more uncomfortable in these, sadly.

Greg T.Step One

So sorry to hear about your op and these didn't work for you Agr88. Do you think trying a size up might help?

Agr88
Agr88

Sadly no. The size was perfect it was the issue with the pad I have to wear

Larry

LarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

. Not that impressed

Internal part of leg mis-shapen, and they ride up, don't stay down, and I have only worn my 4 pairs 2 times. Not that impressed for the price, and the advert is misleading

Greg T.Step One

How are you supposed to take a leak?

They are comfortable to wear but there is no opening to have a wee! I have to unbuckle and lower my jeans, not a good look when you’re in a hurry!

Huw L.
Huw L.

I’d assumed (wrongly) it was a concealed opening. I was asked for a review so I gave it. I’ll just apply for a refund, no big deal. Don’t like your tone, don’t think customer service is your forte.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

These are great. BUT

They feel great. That’s awesome. But the length are too short considering they’re boxer briefs. Highly recommend you add an extra inch and a half or an inch to the boxer briefs and give notifications when that’s done like “New length for Boxer briefs” because me and all my friends wear them but agree they need to be longer. Also when the ads say they don’t ride up I sit there saying “You’ve never actually worn these have you” because they do and almost all jocks will. But it’s how you compensate. Make them longer

Sadly, not Australian made...

Ordering was easy, delivery swift and the product is as described. We were disappointed to learn that this product, for which we pay a premium price, is actually manufactured in China.

Rachel

RachelPerth, WA

Size is all wrong

Ordered by measuring waist on husband and son and used size chart. Trunks are too small, for husband and son. So looks like son will get to keep dads new trunks and will have to order L for hubby (who is slight in size). Annoying. Please suggest buyers go up a size Step Up!!

Underwear Shops & Brands

Way to tight, around XYZ.

I got the Trucks, M, they are perfect fit for my legs, and wasted. However don't know how you word it on here as it's public and don't want my review to offend.

However, where my XYZ is, they feel so squashed, I have to keep moving them about, these trunks needs a pouch would give 6 starts, I am planning on cutting a whole and stitching and just wear them as under my normal CK boxers.

Please add a pouch, my xyz are begging you.

Cathy

CathyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for chaff but the elastic waist needs work.

My partner bought these for me to do hiking. I'm not a big man, under 80 kg. These were great for the chaff but as you see in the photo the elastic waist twists easily and doesn't return to shape. Worn 3 times and the photo was taken after a wash. I was told to buy a bigger size!

Daniel

DanielSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pretty over rated.... they ride like any other pair worn them twice elastic is already

Easy to navigate the store and
Find what I wanted
Good range of colours
Not the best I
Have ever work expected a lot more for the price I was paying for
The product

Greg T.Step One

Good service. Average Product.

Arrived quickly and as expected. Great service.

The boxers are average at best. They feel like the legs aren’t as long as they look on the site, so they ride up. The most irritating (literally) thing is a stupid scratchy label at the back, which I’m going to have to cut out to save the feeling of a needle rubbing at my waist.

Rob S
Rob S

Thanks. The care label did come out relatively easily and they are much more comfortable without that there.

Great product, horrible price's

They are the best undies I've worn, just too expensive to buy multiple pairs. Lower prices equal more sales, not many guys like to pay $50 just for underwear that wears out quickly.

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews