Step One Bamboo Underwear

Seriously great undies.

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised

Just marketing ploy

The waist band is destroyed after less than a year. The elastic cuts in and is shreading and is the worst quality. Not worth what we paid for them. Would not buy again.

Greg T.Step One

These ride up like a shonky?!

Brought 4 pair they rode up so much took advice and got the longer ones (like 30mm longer) I thought thats not going to make any difference and was right they just ride up and bunch up so much its ridiculous, tried different sizes as well, tried about 10 other brands as well in my quest but all pretty average until I found Kmart alpha sports long briefs $8 and they are exceptional, someone in one of these reviews mentioned them. The step ones do feel nice when you first pug them on until you move like 30 seconds later they just ride hard

devina l.

devina l.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

My partner has worn his step ones 3 times since I brought them and the have treads coming off the underwear and they are riding up his legs I am not happy with this product this is the first pair I was think of buying another I am not going to buy another

Adam W

Adam WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

As per normal underwear they split so just the same as normal brands - just more expensive- bought 6 pairs after the glowing reviews- never again. Really disappointing as I wanted them to be great

I was offered support and comfort, all I received was thin fabric undies offering no support.

The cheapest underwear if ever seen, and for your price that's ridiculous. They offered no support, I purchased them for support while riding sports bikes, very disappointed in the product.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Extremely comfortable no fitting issueses

Store easy to navigate and process very easy
Good range of products and colours
Product quality very good immediately brought more after first delivery.
Delivery excellent kept in touch with messages delivered on time.

consumer

consumerHobart, TAS

Great, but....

They are, mostly, everything they claim. Extremely light, comfy and wear well. But....the waist band just keeps rolling and bunching. Very annoying, especially when flying. Maybe i should try trunks ....

November 3rd 2019 Update: In the bin

I bought 3 pairs. Loved them when i got them. Went from 5 star to 4 due to annoying waist band. It rolled down. Band lost flatness, always rolls. Cannot get briefs down to wee if you wear pants. Flying and sitting long periods band made it very uncomfortable. Longer i had them the looser they became and the more i hated them. Moved them to the back of the draw. Now I've now binned them after 3 months. So much promise but no value for money.

Dave N.Step One

Hey Mate, thank you for the valuable and honest feedback. If you can send us an email at info@stepone.life, we will be happy to talk more about this concern. Thank you!

Crap waistband

Leg and crotch are comfy but the waistband keeps rolling over. This is extremely annoying if you have to squat a lot while you work. I suspect that's why the fuller-figured models are wearing tshirts to hide it. Great marketing - fix the waistband.

Peter N.

Peter N.Sydney, NSW

BS advertising

Most comfy undies!!! What a load of crap. Spent all day yesterday picking at my undies, unfolding the top of the waistband. Bought 7 pairs. What a waste of money.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the review. This could be a sizing issue. We offer a First Pair Guarantee for 30 days. Can you please email us on info@stepone.life with your order number so we can either send you a new size or provide a refund? Thanks Peter

Adam

AdamSouthwest, VIC

Comfy butt.... Still ride up

Comfy and good fabric, although it does take an age to dry, so if doing an activity while where you sweat, take a clean pair to put on, cos they stay damp. The so called never ride up on the long trunks doesn't work, they still ride up and I find myself forever pulling the legs down. Very let down, or rather bunched up. Sadly I bought several pairs living in hope. Won't be buying more.

Pedro

PedroFar North Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but the elastic waist continually folds over! Different sizes makes no difference

Very comfortable fabric but elastic waistband folds over continually and choosing a different size make absolutely no difference it’s just too flimsy or too wide and size changes won’t make any difference

August 5th 2019 Update: Waistband folds over continually

Staff here will continually tell you everything is a sizing issue ! It makes no difference what size you have the waistband continually folds over making it uncomfortable . It’s either too wide or to flimsy ! This is the only issue that needs to be sorted and then maybe the claim of most comfortable underwear will be true ! I’ve been refunded and sizes exchanged but this won’t change my rating as the product has not changed !

Sam H.

Sam H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Definitely not the world's most comfortable undies

The elastic is constantly folding back on itself, certainly not the world's most comfortable undies. When you pull your pants down they get stuck up your crutch and you're constantly fighting with them

Greg T.Step One

Great at first but then....

Very comfortable at first.

However, there is writing on the back inside of the briefs that becomes very scratchy after a few washes as the writing starts to peel in different spots. I bought 5 pairs and all 5 have this issue after about 1 month of wash and wear. It is extremely irritable around the tailbone area and makes the underwear unwearable.

I emailed step-one but didn't receive a response.

Warren
Warren

Hi Greg - I emailed per your suggestion about 2.5 weeks ago. Still haven't received any response.

sap01Sydney, NSW

Great marketing but doped the ball

sap01

Hi Greg, sorry the late reply.
Thank you for the offer and appreciate the fact you are a company willing to follow thru with their promises/guarantee
I will send you a quick email at info.

YteeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still do not know

If I had received them I could comment. Easy enough to order. Your communication with Dave was good. Let us hope I get my order soon or I will think twice before ordering again.
I have now received my order and am very pleased with the product, thanks to customer service.

Ytee

I have received my order thank you. Also very happy with the product and customer service. Many thanks.
Alan

Greg T.Step One

That's great to hear Alan.
Would you be able to update your review to how your experience has been so far now you have the product?
Grewg

TobyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor customer service and no warranty

I have bought 10 pairs of these. After the third wearing I found stitching was coming apart on a few of these. I made contact online with the company and they said to send photos which I did. I have not heard from them since and they don't return my emails now. Buyer beware...

Toby

Hi Greg, Thanks for the reply. What is your email address so i can send to you? I have info@stepone.life but have emailed about half a dozen times since the start of the year with no response?

Greg T.Step One

They start off great... I loved them... now they're falling apart...

They start out great and then start to fall apart. I purchased 15 pairs and I've rotated them. I think rotating 15 pairs you should get a few years use, however, I think I'm going to get one year. If I purchased them singularly, this would mean $450 a year for underwear???

Andrew
Andrew

No problems. I'll do that soon. I purchased them on 18th of may, 2018, so about 3/4 of a year old. They have become extremely thin, to the point of getting holes...

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews