Step One Bamboo Underwear

Seriously great undies.

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised

Good idea with one flaw

The boxers themselves are comfortable and we'll made but there is a flaw with waist band. I am not fat bellied but the band folds over when wearing and after use is permanently creased in two. I am afraid for this reason I couldn't recommend this product.

Geeman

GeemanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They look nice but dont last very long

I bought 7 pairs after seeing all the good reviews, unfortunately they have worn out within months. The elastic in the waist is all distorted and holes and tears are already showing. Yes they are comfortable but i would guess that most of the 5 star reviews come from people that have only just bought them. I have other brands that are still perfect after having them for years.

Waist band rolls down

The product is ok but has a major design flaw. The waist band curls over after a few minutes wear making life uncomfortable. A pity because everything else is good.

Rusty

RustySydney, NSW

Didn't even last the year

Made purchase on 04 SEP 19 - Site was easy to navigate, payment and freight was easy. Received parcel earlier than expected. Whilst the product doesn't 'ride up' they certainly don't stay in place. Numerous times I've had to pull them back up, to the point of ripping the material. Out of the 4 pairs, I'm down to 2 pairs. I've bought cheaper underwear that have definitely lasted longer than this.

andrewg

andrewgSouthwest, VIC

Good...for a day.

Super comfortable long undies that are great for a wear or 2....I thought I was on to a winner until the waist band kept rolling up. So I took advantage of the great offer and they sent me another one for free. A shorter leg. Had the same problem with these. Might be ok if I had a flat stomach. I don't like wasting money so I kept wearing them. Now, after about 10 wears have a hole appearing in the front. Glad I didn't buy 7 pairs like I was going to. They don't ride up but that's about the extent of the positive review. Really need to fix the waist band issues.

Glynn E.

Glynn E.Perth, WA

Waist band rolls up and is uncomfortable

The top elastic waist band rolls up and becomes very uncomfortable, its ashame as the fit and feel is great. I wouldnt buy them again because of this, go back to wearing Tradies

Need lot of improving

I have bought 7 pairs about a month ago. They all looked and felt good at the beginning but after about 2 weeks there are signs of band rolling over when i was bending and sitting. Which made it really uncomfortable also threads started coming off too. I would not recommend the product to any one.

Marc

MarcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hips dont lie - bigger guys beware!

CHAFE

Very disappointed! I purchased them about 4 weeks ago in preparation for summer hoping to avoid CHAFE a bit better. First warmer day and I can barley walk it's that bad. I'm not a big man just active with work and these are no better than the cheapo underwear you get from any shop.

Nathan F.

Nathan F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Comfy but not sure of quality

Very comfy undies, however I have worn them 3 times and the stitching is already starting to come undone so I don't think they are going to last to long.

Fabian

FabianSouth West, WA

Not so great

Ordering & delivery is easy & fast, can’t fault them for that.
The product on the other hand doesn’t quite live up to the hype. Yes they keep you dry, yes they prevent chaffing.
Unfortunately as for riding up they fail completely, I feel so uncomfortable every time I stand up as I extract them from places they aren’t meant to be. Feels like every 5min I’m reaching down to pull them back down to where they should be.

Tried to get someone to respond from StepOne, but never got a reply.

Jenn E.

Jenn E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

Bought a 7 pack. They ride up my legs and are incredibly uncomfortable when they do so. After 6 months elastic is trashed, material has worn down to tissue paper thin, and holes have started to appear. Would not recommend or buy again.

Doesn’t deliver on promises

Ok Firstly they ride up. Secondly the band around the top keeps folding In Half making for an uncomfortable experience. Thirdly they don’t support your junk as advertised.
On a plus side they are well made

SarahCentral West, NSW

Bad qualitity but apparently comfy

Bought hubbie a few pairs 12 months ago & they already have holes in them , he says they are comfy but at this price I won’t buy again he can be uncomfortable in cheaper cotton undies.

Sarah

Unfortunately no, purchased on 21/5/2018 & always cold wash & line dry.

neil

neilGoulburn Valley, VIC

I like the ads however..

Had these 4 pairs of Step one's for a month now and I have been trying to like them but afraid they have been binned today. I was impressed by the ads and the delivery service and the idea that bamboo would feel good. Step one's have so many positive reviews that I think it must be my problem. The design of the undies is good but they feel like plastic, they look like polyester and they are not as comfy as the ad says. Very hard to dry after washing more so than "normal undies" and for what they are very expensive. I am going back to my cotton/elastane mix undies .

Russell

RussellIllawarra, NSW

Great style - crap elastic

Really good design but the elastic waist is very ordinary. The order was received promptly so my only complaint is the quality of the elastic waist band. Colour range, fit and style are excellent.

WJK

WJKSydney Surrounds, NSW

Holding my bits in place

Bamboo breathes but does Lycra?

I bought four pairs of these for my son and he was delighted with how comfortable they were. The bamboo is a lovely product, so soft and breathable. He was definitely a convert. Unfortunately he developed 'jock itch' after wearing them for a few weeks. We think it may have been due to the lycra panels which I imagine would not be very breathable. He now chooses not to wear the Step Ones at all.
It would be great to perhaps have a 100% bamboo product for those with sensitive skin.

Sorry , wouldn’t but these again

Having bought another brand previously , I decided to give these a try . While the fit was great , I wouldn’t buy them again , as the 4 pairs I purchased all got holes in them after a couple of weeks. Disappointing really as they are not cheap. Sorry but I will be going back to the others I bought previously - have had them for ages , and no holes

Hey Mark,
Sounds like a manufacturing fault.
We offer a 12 month warranty. Please email us so we can replace them for you.
Greg

The GM

The GMSydney

They just don't last.

I purchased 10 pairs 3 on the first occasion and 7 on the second. I have had my undies for about 2 months. The white pair's seem split wearing them about 3-4 times. A second white pair did the same. They gave me the option of a new pair or 25% off my next purchase. There won't be one. They are overpriced and clearly are not meant to war more than a few times. Very Very disappointed. They were comfortable whilst I worn then but so overpriced

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews