Step One Bamboo Underwear

SizingTrue to size
Product AppearanceAs advertised
Ben

BenPerth, WA

The don’t last like others. But very comfortable

Easy to buy and very comfortable but for the price I expected them to last longer the a year and a half!! Mine have started to come away from the banding

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Inconsistent manufacturing

The first pair I purchased (in the middle of 2019 ) were and still are very comfortable. So I purchased a 15 pack. Some of them are like the original pair but many ride up and get quite annoying while in most of them, the band rolls down. After washing, the bands need to be flattened out. I do not wish to be like my grandmother and have to iron my underwear.
The inconsistency in different pairs is very annoying. Possibly quality control inpurchasing materials or manufacture.
But when they work as advertised, they really are very comfortable.
Someone somewhere needs to lift their game.

Xavier

XavierMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect comfort, durability lacking

No doubt they are very comfy and definitely do help with thighs rubbing. But bought five pairs, they haven’t lasted as long as a much cheaper brand I used prior

Sabre

SabreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great and comfortable product but suspect workmanship

Darren

Darren

The only issue is the band

The banding around the waist sticks together. Not sure why but I have to uncrimple it after every wash....Why does it do this? The rest I have no issue with.....

Dion

DionDarwin, NT

They are ok

I have a bit of a guts on me and I find the band rolls down. It's a solid waist band and when it's rolled up cuts in and by the end of the day it's painful. The boxers themselves are comfortable enough. I'm thinking of cutting the waist band off and giving that a try.

Greg T.Step One

They do not work for everyone. The package does not hold as it said.

They do not hold everything in place at work, ok on the weekend only. My partner is a mechanic and they do not hold everything together. The material is good.

DalTan
DalTan

Hi. As I said above he is a mechanic. So bending all day. The size fit, but does not hold him in, it has passed the 30 days just wanted you to have the feedback
Thanks Tania

Brahdleigh

Brahdleigh

Good. Improvement needed.

They are relatively comfortable, until you get hot. Then they get hot. It would be great if there were mesh panels on the outside to draw away heat. I like how they fit around the inside of my legs and how they support the fellas, bit after a few hours, they make you feel overheated a bit. If I worked in an office, they would probably be fine. Mesh strips on the outer legs would improve this.

AJay

AJayCanberra 2600, ACT

Good but not great

Definitely good underwear except for the waist band as it tends to roll over rather than stay as a flat band leaving them very uncomfortable. Fix this and they would be much better

Grant C.

Grant C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Comfortable nice underwear, unfortunately developed a hole

Bought black pair boxer brief to try out, were very comfortable and have worn regularly. However noticed yesterday there was a hole on seam.
Otherwise liked product used for day wear and for some sport

Comfortable but has flaws

The bamboo material is very soft, they hold back sweat...but they also ride up.
I've got two pairs and they ride up, not sure whether it's because of the motorbike I ride or the shape of my legs, but they do not stay down like the adds tend to say.

Hey Jarod,
This really sounds like you should try a size up and maybe go the boxers. Can you please email us your order number to info@stepone.life and we will send you out a new pair under our 30-day First Pair Guarantee.

Cam

CamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Certainly not as good as the ads and reviews are suggesting

While being very easy to purchase as my social media was bombarded with the advertising, I thought, IF they are as good as they say on there ads and "reviews" I will be a loyal customer. I purchased 4 pairs of Trunks, and I am honestly not that impressed. I find that the waste elastic twists during the day and is not that comfortable. It leaves marks where this twisting occurs to remind you of the lack of comfort during the day. I don't often write reviews for any products but felt after the blanket advertising promising a new world of comfort for mens underwear, I am considerably underwhelmed.
Cam

A flattering package

Harry

HarryQueensland

Very comfortable

Website is easy and quick to use and there are plenty of colours and styles to choose from. The boxer briefs are so comfortable and I can see why they are so popular. I have had my pair a couple of months now and at first I wasnt sure on the band, it folds quite easily and I often need to straighten it out. I usually like them to be quite sturdy but thats just a personal preference, not everyone is the same. I wear the boxers maybe once or twice each week and they already have quite a sizeable hole in them. This could have been caused in the wash or something so im going to buy another pair and give them a go. Even with the above they are by far the comfiest boxers I have ever had.

Mark L

Mark LGippsland, VIC

Not value

I do not believe they are good value for the cost paid. They last well but loose their elasticity after 6 washes and like other brands, the belt ends up rolling up

dave

daveSydney, NSW

OK but not great

So its true they dont ride up
But I found them lacking support around the boys
Need a bit more fabric in that area
Good for under the wetsuit so Ill use em there

Hey Dave,
Thank for the feedback. We offer a 30-day First Pair Guarantee, so please email us on info@stepone.life and we will give you a full refund.
Thanks Dave,

Kerrod S.

Kerrod S.Darling Downs, QLD

didn't really live up to the hype

I've been wearing them for a few months and while the are comfortable I don't know if they're worth the price premium. On a couple of the pairs i have the elastic band on the top seemed to of stretched in the middle and wants to constantly fold in half and I'm not a big guy so it wasn't cause by a large stomach. I also noticed one pair has already developed a small hole

Alastair InglisFar North Queensland, QLD

Problems

Have 10 pairs and are very comfortable. Only one issue 2 pairs went into holes after a couple of months. Not sure if i will buy any more until i am convinced that the quality is better

Hey Alastair,
So sorry about that! Step Ones have a 12-month warranty so just email us on info@stepone.life with your order number and if faulty we will send you out new pairs.

Greg
That's fine. Send two pairs to me at PO BOX 739, Edmonton QLD 4869. Colour not important.
Alastair

John S.

John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Good for chaffing, but are not durable or cost effective.

I brought 5 pair just over 2 months ago, first few weeks they were fine, then 3 started to show signs of poor make. 2 pair started to fray around the waist band join and one developed a hole in the back below the waist band.
the other 2 pair are still fine, but given the cost per pair they are not going to be worth buying again.
there are other options in the market that do not cost this much or have this level of quality issues.
I would have still given them 4 stars, if not for the fact that i have attempted to contact them about the issues and have not even had an acknowledgement of the email.

Mat

Almost perfect but no cigar!!

Hey guys, loved your ad and my wife bought me 4 pairs. Stoked with the fit and comfort, also very light. I do a lot of trail running and was super keen to get out and try the lycra lining, wicking properties and lightness.
All of these features are awesome, BUT, they definitely ride up! I've got the boxers so they are the longer length, but they ride up every time. No major chafing, but rubbing, slight discomfort and frustrating as this is one of your claims that led to buy them. Due to this I wont buy them again. I will attempt to cut the legs off two pairs and sew them on the others to get extra length in the leg.

Mat

Thanks for the prompt reply Greg. They do feel right for size. Are you thinking I should go the next size up? So I need to post a pair back to you?

See all Step One Bamboo Underwear reviews