St.George Branches

St.George Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

kk_yau

kk_yauSydney, NSW

Extremely Bad Home Loan Service at Chatswood Branch

Extremely bad service from the Chinese Lady in home loan department at Chatswood Branch and she caused me $4000+ extra for delay my property settlement just because she didn't check the settlement date. Also approved the loan in 6 months ago and even 3 months ago still say all good but end up loan not approved on the day of settlement. Went to CBA and they approved my loan in 10 days. Lodged a complaint to St George but they said it can takes 180 days. Don't think they will care anyway. I will not do any business with St George for my rest of my life.

Anthony O.

Anthony O.Sydney, NSW

Winner Worlds Worst Bank

TopicGeneral Transactions

Go to another greedy bank

Been with the bank for over 10 years, in the beginning it was fine you could go to a branch and speak to a real person, you used to get customer service now they have closed all the branches in W.A., when called how to make a cash deposit, they say use a ATM?, What stand in front of a ATM and try and deposit $10,000 in cash?, yeah, real bright St George, I can see no reason for me to pay fees on a account that provides NILL service.
Im done with St George, and I wont be going with the company that owns you either, Westpac, as It is the one making decisions to close branches.
Very poor form for a bank.

Honest purchaser

Honest purchaserIllawarra, NSW

Poor service...again

Bank with St.George for over 40 years. Service at branch in Nowra is shocking. In the last month i have needed to go into the branch. I'm all for face to face service.
However, both times 1 person serving and the queue....8 and 10 long. We pay for this service. Appalling St.George. Would be lovely to see the customer come first and no it was not lunch time.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy bank practices

I closed my bank account with St George well over 2 years ago. I have had no card and no statements. 2-3 months ago I started receiving statements and then today I get a letter saying I owe over $104 in fees. What the hell? How is this possible. I will be ringing tomorrow and if no joy I WILL BE taking it to the banking ombudsman as this is corruption and unlawful practice

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Customer Service

I have been a customer of St George / Bank of Melbourne, but for no more.
To get a simple issue resolved takes days and days of constantly calling their customer support numbers and moved around from department to department. Forever put on hold and never speak to an actual person who can use logic and communication to resolve an issue.

Pathetic service from an organisation that makes millions and millions who can easily afford to employ real people.

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Highest level of branch customer service of the '4 big banks'

Unfortunately my credit card was hacked 2 weeks ago by someone in England leaving me over $500 in debt. I attended the Hurstville Branch on my lunch break 15/8/19 and was attended to by a member of staff immediately. In my opinion, this staff member went above and beyond her duties to ensure that I could leave the branch knowing i would be fully reimbursed for the fraudulent activity, which took a massive weight off my shoulders. I have also received follow up correspondence from the branch and relevant online department to confirm the matter is progressing accordingly. Overall, I am very satisfied with the customer service on this occasion.

Ernest M.

Ernest M.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service provider

I was able to take a 10k loan and repaid in 2 months, when I applied for another 10k, I was asked to provide documents after documents which I gladly provided as I understand its a standard process. It got delayed for more than 4 weeks and counting. Contacted the customer service, it was a regrettable 55mins phone call. I was finally told even if I cancel the loan that it will affect my credit history. I don't advice anyone to use this bank!!!! Planning on calling relevant authorities to really know if my credit history will be affected or not.

customer

customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

worst bunch of stand over dogs i have ever come accross

got a loan from this bank for car finance. i think they are a real scam! they asked me for a payment of a few thousand dollars then 2weeks later when i was one day late on another couple thousand dollar payment they told me that i have 7days to sell the car or it is being repossesed and sold at auction and i must pay the remainder of the loan. Bunch of stand over dogs, definately would not burrow money from this bank!

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Calder Blake

Calder Blake

Incompetent staff, appalling customer service. From good to worse.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Johnny

JohnnyPerth, WA

More branches closed

Went to the fremantle branch, its closed so is the ATM.
Went into Perth CBD branch also closed...

NO letter no notice anything been a customer since 2000.

Couldnt find ONE St George ATM to deposit money into.

TopicATM Experience and Business Banking

Mickey

MickeyPerth, WA

Gob smackingly rude staff

TopicBusiness Banking

PhilC

PhilCPerth, WA

Closed my local branch with no warning

Went to the Joondalup branch yesterday to get a bank cheque. Imagine my surprise to see the branch has closed. Now have to travel into the city to get the bank cheque. Will be closing my St. George accounts ASAP. Disgusted!!!!

Magpiejohn

MagpiejohnPerth, WA

You closed down my only local bank

Joondalup St George has closed down to my surprise. They were the best service and new me by face every time I needed their service. Another large company extending profits at the expense of good hard working humans. I am disgusted in this type of behaviour and attitude and will be looking to change banks.

TopicBusiness Banking
Halina

Halina

Exceptionally great customer service

Being a customer of St.George for just three months I again met Sonia (Pagwood Eastgardens) regarding my online banking. Once more she was very helpful in advising me about how to reinvest my finances (combination of online savings and term deposit). Great service. Thank you

TopicNew Account
lucy

lucySydney, NSW

Unprofessional service - St George Eastwood branch

Went to Eastwood branch on Saturday to inquire about loan discharge form, the Chinese lady in loan department had no idea about the form it took her a while to download a form which I found later was only for St George internal use.
She was more interested in asking me to borrow more money or buy insurance rather than helping me to discharge the loan.
She was sipping milk tea while talking to me.
Very unprofessional.