St.George Branches

St.George Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy bank practices

I closed my bank account with St George well over 2 years ago. I have had no card and no statements. 2-3 months ago I started receiving statements and then today I get a letter saying I owe over $104 in fees. What the hell? How is this possible. I will be ringing tomorrow and if no joy I WILL BE taking it to the banking ombudsman as this is corruption and unlawful practice

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Customer Service

I have been a customer of St George / Bank of Melbourne, but for no more.
To get a simple issue resolved takes days and days of constantly calling their customer support numbers and moved around from department to department. Forever put on hold and never speak to an actual person who can use logic and communication to resolve an issue.

Pathetic service from an organisation that makes millions and millions who can easily afford to employ real people.

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Highest level of branch customer service of the '4 big banks'

Unfortunately my credit card was hacked 2 weeks ago by someone in England leaving me over $500 in debt. I attended the Hurstville Branch on my lunch break 15/8/19 and was attended to by a member of staff immediately. In my opinion, this staff member went above and beyond her duties to ensure that I could leave the branch knowing i would be fully reimbursed for the fraudulent activity, which took a massive weight off my shoulders. I have also received follow up correspondence from the branch and relevant online department to confirm the matter is progressing accordingly. Overall, I am very satisfied with the customer service on this occasion.

Ernest M.

Ernest M.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service provider

I was able to take a 10k loan and repaid in 2 months, when I applied for another 10k, I was asked to provide documents after documents which I gladly provided as I understand its a standard process. It got delayed for more than 4 weeks and counting. Contacted the customer service, it was a regrettable 55mins phone call. I was finally told even if I cancel the loan that it will affect my credit history. I don't advice anyone to use this bank!!!! Planning on calling relevant authorities to really know if my credit history will be affected or not.

TopicLoan Application

customer

customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

worst bunch of stand over dogs i have ever come accross

got a loan from this bank for car finance. i think they are a real scam! they asked me for a payment of a few thousand dollars then 2weeks later when i was one day late on another couple thousand dollar payment they told me that i have 7days to sell the car or it is being repossesed and sold at auction and i must pay the remainder of the loan. Bunch of stand over dogs, definately would not burrow money from this bank!

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Calder Blake

Calder Blake

Incompetent staff, appalling customer service. From good to worse.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Johnny

JohnnyPerth, WA

More branches closed

Went to the fremantle branch, its closed so is the ATM.
Went into Perth CBD branch also closed...

NO letter no notice anything been a customer since 2000.

Couldnt find ONE St George ATM to deposit money into.

TopicATM Experience and Business Banking

Mickey

MickeyPerth, WA

Gob smackingly rude staff

TopicBusiness Banking
PhilC

PhilCPerth, WA

Closed my local branch with no warning

Went to the Joondalup branch yesterday to get a bank cheque. Imagine my surprise to see the branch has closed. Now have to travel into the city to get the bank cheque. Will be closing my St. George accounts ASAP. Disgusted!!!!

Magpiejohn

MagpiejohnPerth, WA

You closed down my only local bank

Joondalup St George has closed down to my surprise. They were the best service and new me by face every time I needed their service. Another large company extending profits at the expense of good hard working humans. I am disgusted in this type of behaviour and attitude and will be looking to change banks.

TopicBusiness Banking

Halina

Halina

Exceptionally great customer service

Being a customer of St.George for just three months I again met Sonia (Pagwood Eastgardens) regarding my online banking. Once more she was very helpful in advising me about how to reinvest my finances (combination of online savings and term deposit). Great service. Thank you

TopicNew Account

lucy

lucySydney, NSW

Unprofessional service - St George Eastwood branch

Went to Eastwood branch on Saturday to inquire about loan discharge form, the Chinese lady in loan department had no idea about the form it took her a while to download a form which I found later was only for St George internal use.
She was more interested in asking me to borrow more money or buy insurance rather than helping me to discharge the loan.
She was sipping milk tea while talking to me.
Very unprofessional.