St.George Branches

1.6

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Useless customer service

I called to make an enquiry on my home loan earlier today and didn’t have enough information to pass my ID check. Later in the day I called back with the information to answer the ID questions and was refused service as I didn’t pass earlier in the day.

The lady we spoke to was clearly looking at the time and ready to finish her shift, so didn’t want to discuss any options, show empathy to my situation, or provide any basic customer service. This is for a home loan which I have been a loyal customer for of 5+ years and based on my experiences today and the pure lack of customer service, I would never recommend this bank to anyone and I cannot wait to leave.
100% the worst bank I’ve ever dealt with... Commbank all the way!

Michellea

Michellea

Scammers

Absolutely disgraceful service. I was Issued credit card then asked for E statement, they did not send them for half year, when i raised the complaint harder , took a month to received them. Deliberately put me on the highest fixed rate after contract finished, determined to rip the customers off when they do not know the finance much. Everyone please be aware of st George's offer.

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Dont bother getting a homeloan with them

Greg

GregIllawarra, NSW

Not a good start

TopicNew Account
Patches

PatchesPerth, WA

Appalling service

I have just become trustee of an account through a will - unfortunately with St George. I can honestly say St George staff do not know one hand from the other. I wanted to invest some of the money, they send me to the wrong place for a meeting after I had set it up (did not know what I was talking about) then after an hour they offer me no advice. They set up another account now I cannot view any accounts online. There is one branch in Perth. You ring to try and talk to someone and get cut off when they answer. As soon as I can will move.

TopicNew Account
Jade

Jade

Professional customer service in Haymarket branch

Although I am an existing customer for a long time but it is the first time for me to walk into this branch. The customer service is well trained with full of knowledge in their own products. Very patient and passionate. Try her best to match my needs. Keen on maintaining their relationship with customers. Thank you Tuyet!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Can't even send an email

Mitra.M

Mitra.M

WORST SERVICE

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Moy

Moy

Treble bank , wrost customers service

Never wants to talk , give no information or wrong information. After waiting for an hour line only answer is check our website.why can’t you advise beginning so not waiting for this answer.

Aman

AmanSydney

Banking sector but behave like a mobile company

Irene C.

Irene C.Sydney, NSW

Excellent and professional service

Extremely helpful in the banking service at St George Hornsby Branch. My family were very satisfied with the service and banking products. We would definitely recommend visiting the St George Hornsby Branch.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Poor customer service

Been with this bank for 27 years, it has changed so much since becoming part of westpac, customer service is non existent, most employees are incompetent and unable to help, also because of the new wave of asian employees most of them have poor language skills and rarely attend to non asian customers

kk_yau

kk_yauSydney, NSW

Extremely Bad Home Loan Service at Chatswood Branch

Extremely bad service from the Chinese Lady in home loan department at Chatswood Branch and she caused me $4000+ extra for delay my property settlement just because she didn't check the settlement date. Also approved the loan in 6 months ago and even 3 months ago still say all good but end up loan not approved on the day of settlement. Went to CBA and they approved my loan in 10 days. Lodged a complaint to St George but they said it can takes 180 days. Don't think they will care anyway. I will not do any business with St George for my rest of my life.

Anthony O.

Anthony O.Sydney, NSW

Winner Worlds Worst Bank

TopicGeneral Transactions

Go to another greedy bank

Been with the bank for over 10 years, in the beginning it was fine you could go to a branch and speak to a real person, you used to get customer service now they have closed all the branches in W.A., when called how to make a cash deposit, they say use a ATM?, What stand in front of a ATM and try and deposit $10,000 in cash?, yeah, real bright St George, I can see no reason for me to pay fees on a account that provides NILL service.
Im done with St George, and I wont be going with the company that owns you either, Westpac, as It is the one making decisions to close branches.
Very poor form for a bank.

Honest purchaser

Honest purchaserIllawarra, NSW

Poor service...again

Bank with St.George for over 40 years. Service at branch in Nowra is shocking. In the last month i have needed to go into the branch. I'm all for face to face service.
However, both times 1 person serving and the queue....8 and 10 long. We pay for this service. Appalling St.George. Would be lovely to see the customer come first and no it was not lunch time.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy bank practices

I closed my bank account with St George well over 2 years ago. I have had no card and no statements. 2-3 months ago I started receiving statements and then today I get a letter saying I owe over $104 in fees. What the hell? How is this possible. I will be ringing tomorrow and if no joy I WILL BE taking it to the banking ombudsman as this is corruption and unlawful practice

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Customer Service

I have been a customer of St George / Bank of Melbourne, but for no more.
To get a simple issue resolved takes days and days of constantly calling their customer support numbers and moved around from department to department. Forever put on hold and never speak to an actual person who can use logic and communication to resolve an issue.

Pathetic service from an organisation that makes millions and millions who can easily afford to employ real people.

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Highest level of branch customer service of the '4 big banks'

Unfortunately my credit card was hacked 2 weeks ago by someone in England leaving me over $500 in debt. I attended the Hurstville Branch on my lunch break 15/8/19 and was attended to by a member of staff immediately. In my opinion, this staff member went above and beyond her duties to ensure that I could leave the branch knowing i would be fully reimbursed for the fraudulent activity, which took a massive weight off my shoulders. I have also received follow up correspondence from the branch and relevant online department to confirm the matter is progressing accordingly. Overall, I am very satisfied with the customer service on this occasion.

Ernest M.

Ernest M.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service provider

I was able to take a 10k loan and repaid in 2 months, when I applied for another 10k, I was asked to provide documents after documents which I gladly provided as I understand its a standard process. It got delayed for more than 4 weeks and counting. Contacted the customer service, it was a regrettable 55mins phone call. I was finally told even if I cancel the loan that it will affect my credit history. I don't advice anyone to use this bank!!!! Planning on calling relevant authorities to really know if my credit history will be affected or not.