Stiebel Eltron DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Stiebel Eltron DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase Questions & Answers

henrik04
henrik04 · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF13

Stiebel Eltron DHF13 (3 phases)

Does this unit consume electricity when very small amount of water flows?
Water gets warm only when a large flow of water is demanded.
Thank you in advance.
Henri.

Sophie · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Stiebel Eltron DHF 13 installed (March 2021) in 2 bdrm unit, only 1 person living there and no internal laundry, however, it's impossible to take a shower with a consistent water temp. It's either scalding (51C) or drops to a tepid 34C, after tweaking on the cold tap. Stiebel advised changing from a handheld shower to a wall mounted unit, which has made no difference. The service guy from Stiebel says I might need a 'commissioned pressure switch' installed within the unit. If I'd have known this was going to be an issue, I'd have stayed with the original hot water storage system. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do????? Regards, Sophie

Hi Sophie
I've just had one installed and have the same problem as you.

Sophie

Hey Clive, I had to resort to getting the previous system - hot water tank. Unfortunately this involved huge costs for changing from 2 phase, up to 3 phase power, to (unsuccessfully) accommodate the Steibel Eltron, and then back to 2 phase!! Very dissatisfied!

Clive

Agree, their warranty service is a scam, they don't take responsibility for a product that according to their specs should work but doesn't. I spent $210 on the doggy plumber they sent out who pushed responsibility onto my plumber and electrician. I had to spend another $850 for a newer model unfortunately from the same company. Haven't installed it yet hope it works. My builder said they installed another one of our units in another apartment and having the same problem. Stiebel should be liable for false advertising. My old unit worked better !!

Sophie

You’re brave - going with another one of their models. Would be interested to hear the outcome, though.

Anne S.
Anne S. · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

My Three Phase unit will not start up producing hot water till I turn the power switch to off and then On . Then it works perfect ? What is the problem ?

Anne S.
Anne S. · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Hot water cuts out after taps not running . When I shut down power point then turn back on it runs normal a water hot . If I leave off for ten minutes I have to once again turn power off and On to get hot water ?
Is there something wrong with the small control unit plate with the covering turning the Temp from hot to warm ?

melissa p.
melissa p. · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF13

SHC15AU Please advise why my power bills have sky rocketed since the installation of this model. It is only heating water for a granny flat and the whole property has shown such a massive (over double) power bill increase. Everything else is gas heated.

Bgood
Bgood · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Would this unit be suitable for a two bathroom house plus kitchen taps situation or are these more for units and appartments. Thanks

Super Ash

Yeah, they are the better unit if you have three phase power available. They do not require a relief line like other three phase water heaters. They are known as a multi point heater so it can deal with your house easily. They can be mounted on a laundry wall or under the kitchen sink if you have space. You would have less chance of back pressure at the shower rose with this heater but do not use water saver shower heads anyway. With these water heaters make sure the inlet stop cock that isolates the house is open all the way and also with the stop cock on the inlet of the water heater or backpressure can become an issue. I have seen many three phase water heaters supplying three bedroom houses all over Sydney. Some old houses had a three phase bath heater 18 amps and a 12 amp sink heater in the kitchen, just check your house has plumbing between the bathroom and kitchen so your water heater will feed the whole house. Kind regards Ash.

Re D.
Re D. · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF15

Hi! Is there a kit to transform my DHF15 c to single phase?

Susan R.
Susan R. · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

How much per year for a two person household

Clive · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Can I buy replacements for this model I require a temperature regulator nylon insert?

Super Ash

Hi Clive, Stiebel Eltron are in Alexandria, Sydney NSW. You can order parts through Reece or Trade Link but call Stiebel that might deal with you directly and they will tell you what the have in stock. Ash

Art
Art · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF13

Only goes to one heat which is warm and not hot. That is on hottest setting. Is a flow regulator problem?

Steve
Steve

G'day Art

I'm having the same problem with heating, but haven't noticed any reduction in flow, so I'm thinking I've lost one phase of the element... Previously on "High" it was too hot to hold your hand under; now when it's on "High" the water is about the same temp as it used to be on "Low";

Nicole
Nicole · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF13

Since installing this hot water system in October my electricity bill has tripled. I have since put it on the lower setting to test if it's the system or something else that's running the bill high. Are they energy efficient?

Stiebel Eltron   DM

Hello Nicole, Instantaneous electric water heaters are a true pay per use system as they only use energy when hot water is demanded. We would like to find out more from you about what could be happening. Please give us a call on 1800 153 351 to discuss. We look forward to hearing from you.

Shane29
Shane29

Electric continuous flow hot water heaters are about 3x more expensive per annum to run than equivalent gas continuous flow systems. If you've recently switched from a gas hot water heater that would probably explain a big chunk of your electricity bill increase... especially if you take long showers.

martingsmith1
martingsmith1 · Instantaneous 3 Phase DHF15

Hi,

I have a DHF 15C water heater and I am very disappointed with it because it's impossible to regulate the heat of the water when the flow is low. So either the water goes cold or extremely hot. The only way I can regulate it properly is to turn up the flow of water to high but this is a waste of both water and electricity. Can you suggest how to fix this problem?

Stiebel Eltron   DM

Hello, we would like to find out more information from you about the installation and type of tapware used. If you could kindly contact our customer service team on 1800 153 351 we would be happy to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

chris.simonian.5
chris.simonian.5 · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

I just bought a single phase DHF model. What is this model's adds when compared to he DHC-12? Is this newer model?

Note: can't find anything saying if my DHF is. 12, 13, or 15 kwatts, but seller told me its a 12.

Stiebel Eltron   DM

Hello Chris, The DHF 13 and DHF 15 water heaters from Stiebel Eltron in Australia are three phase electric instantaneous water heaters. In order to determine which model you have please call our customer service team on 1800 153 351.

Nikko
Nikko · DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase

Hello, has the DHF replaced the DHB-E model?

Stiebel Eltron   DM

Hello Nikko, The DHF and the DHBE series of instantaneous electric water heaters are current models and are different in their design. Depending on what your are looking to provide hot water for we can advise on the most appropriate model. Please contact our customer service team on 1800 153 351.

Get an answer from our members and Stiebel Eltron representatives

Select a listing for your question
Stiebel Eltron DHF Instantaneous 3 Phase