2Stiebel Eltron SHC 15

Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

John
JohnPerth, WA

Only good for short term use

Now on my second unit in three years first one replaced because of leaks - 2nd one now leaking.
Works well for short time before leaking - looks as though there is a rust issue with tank - so in my view very poor quality manufacturing, so much for German quality. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
Stiebel Eltron
Stiebel Eltron   DM

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've faced with our units. Please contact our service team at 1800 153 351 for assistance. We're committed to resolving your concerns promptly.

Kevin
Kevinbrisbane2 posts

Tank rusts through if Sacrificial anode is not changed, anode cost $$$$$$

My first unit rusted out- pin hole after 3 years, found anode inside, read the manual and it said check anode after 2 years and replace if necessary. I bought another SHC15 and sheduled an anode check after 24 months. Found the anode needed replacement, called Stiebel and was told I could only buy from a plumbing supplier- Price $144 for the anode. Cost of plumber to replace probably $200. I would expect this unit to last 10 years easily and the anodes to be around $10 -$20 freely available as a maintenance item. Or even better put in a stainless tank and charge $100 more for the unit! Landfill doesn't need this!
Stiebel Eltron