Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jo B

Jo BColo Vale NSW

Good water heater but exceptionally good service by the company

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hello Jo B, Thank you for taking the time to review our heat pump. It is great to hear that you experienced such good service from our customer service team. We will pass on your feedback to them.

Rogerfl

RogerflAustins Ferry

Six years and it's dead!

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hello Rogerfl, Can you please contact our National Service Manager so we can find out more details about your heat pump. Please call 1800 153 351 at your earliest convenience.

Pumped

PumpedPlettenberg Bay

WWK300AH - South African experience

I did plenty of research too This is an expense piece of kit It does work well, back of garage, but would be noisy outside At 4 years compressor failure It's Mitsibushi part These are supposed to be bomb proof but no refrigerant This pump does not have low refrigerant cut out That's because it's a "cut down"& cut price pump Part easily available but total bill with labour $Aus equivalent 456.00 Let's face it this pump/geyser would take 15 years to pay back, makes you feel good - but will I live that long ! In UK S-E provide extended warrantees - I think you need one with this pump

Not happyTWO WELLS

Never was fixed properly from installation

I was talked into a wwk330A in 2009 and had problems from day one. The first was leaks which the installer came back out and told me he fixed it only to be called back the next day because still leaking. Then the noise , it is loud and continuous (this noise has been constant and still is!!!!)but was told by Steibel that is all OK that's what they do. It has never been really hot , told that's what the thermostat is set too. NOW I have luke warm water and no money to even get someone to look at it as it. I would not recommend this product and I am not looking forward to the cold showers or boiling the kettle.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hello Not Happy, Our National Service Manager would love to hear more about the concerns you have about the heat pump. Please call our National Service Manager on 1800 153 351. We look forward to hearing from you.

Let down by faulty unit

We are distraught - our Stiebel Eltron model WWK300A Heat Pump has lasted just 6 months past the 5 year warranty! After researching the brand - recommended by a local supplier we expected to have at least 15 years service from the unit. The company offered a new unit at a discounted price taking into consideration the six months out of warranty time, but we then had the associated costs of installation and the fear of a repeat of the same problem. We have lost confidence in the brand. The Stiebel Eltron company affirmation on the brochure is "so far ahead, it's in a class of its own, proven superior German technology, reliability & efficiency".
We have spoken with the National Manager.

Expensive lesson learned

The heat pump is loud keeps me up some nights.changed the pressure tempereture valve now 3 times. The original one lasted approx 1 year and the second 3 months even got the plumber to to regulate the pressure etc This unit that stibel make has been an utter disappointment. Plumber advised me to pull it out and give it to the scrap yard even that its only been working approx 2 years give or take. I expected much more from stibel eltron but an expensive unreliable lesson learned.

Solerpatwarwick

After 5 years condenser inside went a total disaster need to pay for a new one.

Installed heat pump in June 2009 had some small issues with it but nothing major.Then in September 2014 notice heat pump running for longer but still had hot water so did not worry me,By October though it was running all night so called service man and said it need gas and thermostate fixed. This lasted 2 weeks then back to running all night called service man again this time gave me news condenser inside gone cannot be fixed, rang steibel elton rep told him and he said its out of warranty by a month and a new one will cost $2500 plus fitting another $500 unbelievable all up over 5years i pay out $8000 for the best heat pump in the world DO NOT BUY this product as best in the world it is not.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Hello Solerpat, Our National Service Manager would love to discuss the concerns you have about the heat pump. Please call our National Service Manager on 1800 153 351. We look forward to hearing from you.

Solerpat

Hello Steibel Eltron , We discussed the problem with the manager in Melbourne when the system failed but would not help only to buy a new one. I have had to buy a new hot water system not one of yours as the expense and warranty is not worth it.

Just installed today and the noise is putting us all on edge!

This was recommended by the plumber but the fan hasn't stopped all day. It may be outside the lounge and bathroom, but it is still loud in our bedrooms. Maybe it would better in a brick house, but the noise is reverberating though our weatherboard house. We are in a very quiet country block, but we can hear it half way down out 200 m driveway. Also given the area we are in, we get frequent frosts and 3-6 days above 42 degrees in summer. We were not warned of this until reading the manual after installation.
Looks nice
The noise - and surely with a fan going constantly it must be using more power

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

We would love to find out more about the installation and the concerns you have about the heat pump. Please call our National Service Manager on 1800 153 351.

DavidNorth Gosford

This has been an expensive frustrating disaster .

David

Had the relief valve and duo valve replaced under warranty again last week by RMC,will post future developments.Working fine at present.

Praise for great Product

B.Coults
B.Coults

I have to amend my original comment - I have had to have the Relief Valve Replaced twice at a Cost of $375 each visit....& now I have NO Hot Water again....so disappointed - the Pump is only 5 years old & 3 Service calls ....

DaveGold Coast

Niosey

The noise of mine is driving my neighbour insane by keeping them awake at night. Way too noisey! It heats well but I'm really not happy about my grumpy neighbour and I don't blame them. I'm waiting to see the value on my next bill, I hope it's worth it.
I have hot water.
The noise level at night!

vivpat
vivpat
Dave

Thank you, I'll give that a go.

rosicky7

rosicky7Maidstone

Great service!

Had this for over a year and was doing very well until the relief valve started leaking. One call to stiebel Elton and it was fixed the very next day. Now it's back to it's good old self. Very happy with product - energy efficient. Also very happy with service.
Energy efficient and great service
Can get a little noisy

roboanddi

roboanddiDumbalk

So noisy from day one, now we have had the pressure relief valve fail

So worried, we have had system for five years, we don't really think we saved anything on electricity, it has been noisy from first day, disturbs my sleep when it comes on and when it goes off all night. We had to have anode replaced within the first two weeks and now the pressure relief valve has had to be replaced. Now the system runs all night so scared power bill will be higher than ever. Expecting the whole thing to break down now as brother has same system, around same age and it blew completely wasting his tank water and running up his electricity bill. Local plumbing suplies stated we were lucky it has lasted this long because most don't.
Thought it was going to be energy efficient
It's does not function as promised

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

Stay away from this rubbish product

We are now on our THIRD unit in 4 years and the latest one failed after 2 days!!!!!!!. Sure the power savings are notable but each unit has failed at about this time of year when it's winter, suppose to be designed for European winters??? and we are in Australia.The company initially were difficult to deal with but I must say they replaced the latest unit quickly, just a pity that it has failed after 2 days....Luckily it is covered by warranty but that does not help a family of 5 when we have no hot water for the next few days in the dead of winter..
Power savings
Keep failing once weather gets cold

alex toobrisbane

Kinda OK

Had it installed two and a half years ago. It failed ones, thankfully when it was still on warranty and fixed free of charge. Saves us a little on power bills, but won’t make it up for the price in a lifetime. Produces a trickle of warmish water (40C at the bathroom tap). I've spent a good part of my life researching online if the output and the temperature can be adjusted with no result so far. The manufacturer's web site contact form is good if you like receiving "Please feel free to contact Stiebel as soon as possible on 1800 153 351 to discuss your concerns" emails.

alex too

Thank you for your reply STIEE.
I already kindly contacted you directly on the phone a few times before.
I just wish your department could gather enough resources to hire someone who is able to read and write emails.

PluckaDuck

PluckaDuckBrisbane

Beware noise

Dave

I totally agree, the noise is ridiculous.

Noise Level is driving me nuts.

I have had my Heat Pump for approx.10 months. I am finding my service is very efficient, although it runs for a considerable time when reheating, which is the only draw back for me as I have it installed where the original gas heater was and that is close to all the living areas including the main bedroom, although it is outside it is under a verandah which extenuates the operating noise. I have had to have a timer installed to make sure it doesn't run during the night.
energy efficient