Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A (page 3 of 5)

3.1

Three years with the Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith

izzy10

Does not live up to its promise

Our Stiebel Eltron heat pump is just over two years old and the pressure valve has failed. I am not sure how much this is going to cost us and how much water has leaked out of the unit over the last few days but I am sure its not going to be cheap! Very disappointed as the product was sold as the most reliable on the market however its obviously not. Of course this will not be covered under warranty because it is just outside the two year mark!!!!
Did reduce electricity costs
Limited warranty, not suitable for Australian climate, does not seem to handle extremes in temperature.

izzy10

Still not happy with noise level but will wait and see if replacement valve helps and if not discuss further with Stiebel.

KenBG

KenBGTownsville

Oily residue

We had installed a Stiebel heat pump water heater in Northern Qld last year. We placed fly screen around top to stop insects and geckos etc getting into the works. I have noticed however an oily residue around the base of the unit. Mostly around the front left foot. Any clue what this may be?
Efficient. Cost saving.
Oil residue at base. Installers dented unit.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK300A compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Qld

QldAU

No good for Australian conditions

Kimberly J.Stiebel Eltron

We 'inherited' this heat pump when we bought our house. It broke, but cannot fault the service, still under warranty and all done and back on track after 2 days. My only comment would be tgat after only 3 years it is dissappointing that there was a problem in the first place. Well done stiebel.

our is super

love it love it love it, family of 6 including 2 adults 2 teen and 2 little ones. went from 9kwh usuage put in the steibel and down to 2kwh. hums for 2hours then that is it, it is a dream hotwater. never cold regardless off winter or summer. It stand tall and proud in my backyard
energy efficient, quiet, good looking and great company i bought from
nothing

Luke warm water and service

Luke warm
Luke warm

I'll call you today

troopiesue
troopiesue

Luke Warm, what was the outcome, I am just considering one of these heat pumps

Dont Buy a Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump

Trial Bay
Trial Bay
Geoffrey67
Geoffrey67

Hello Stiebel can yopu help me my e mail gtbbkk@yahoo.com

Unbeatable after sales service A1!

I have had my heat pump for twelve months and I am very happy . My electricity consumption has gone down considerable. It is a bit noisy, due to the position of install, but since having a noise reduction cover put on to it, I would say the noise level has gone down by 50%. Further more I found Stiebel's service is second to none. On two occasions I contacted the company and within 24hrs I was contacted and on both occasions I had a technician within 24hrs fixing the problem. There aren't to many places about where one gets that kind of service.
Energy efficient & saves money on power bills

Titan64

Titan64South East Queensland, QLD

Lives up to all that was promised

I have had the Stiebel Eltron now for nearly 12 months. My electricity bill as reduced quite significantly. I have a had no problems with the Steibel whatsoever. No noise issue either. My electricity bills are down and so is my green house gas emissions. Very happy with this hot water system.
reliable, inexpensive, energy efficient

Well worth it!!

lorna42

Well im not sure about saving power as when my stiebel eltron is not working i have to boil the jug.

lotus7

lotus7Sydney, NSW

Living with Stiebel Eltron for 3 years

netas09
netas09
lotto66
lotto66
lorna42

A brilliantly simple solution for heating water. The installation is easy and fast. I am astounded at the low power consumption compared to electric element conventional hot water heaters.
It hardly uses any power !
Nothing. It works exactly as expected.

Very well constructed unit, cheap to run, efficient and does what it says it will do. Plenty of hot water for family of 4 in Hobart's winter.The unit runs quieter than the reverse cycle air-conditioner near it. I positioned it away from bedrooms etc, so noise it not a factor as I had been warned where to place the unit. My decision to purchase this unit was influenced by the previous product reviews as well as counting on German engineering and European standards on energy consumption to be higher than current Australian requirements. It also was cheaper to purchase than other models which were not as efficient.
Efficient, energy saving, well designed.
Nothing really.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Love the product, quiet and never hear it. Installed on off peak tariff and never run out of hot water with my family of 5ea, only cost me $9.00 per month for hot water. Have had it installed now for 3 years and never had a problem, another great product from Stiebel. :)
German manufactured, saved me 2/3 on my electricity bill, installed indoor in my laundry, never run out of water.

kathy111

kathy111

Jenny2012
Jenny2012

I was wondering whether you are still as happy with your system 18 months later. We are in the market for a new system and Stiebel is our favoured product at the moment, however it would be good to know how it is going after a bit of usage. Thanks.

FrustratedBuyer

FrustratedBuyer

Terrible

I have called Sunshine Solar twice now. Why are the Stiebel recommended intallers balking at selling/putting in their product?
Gets great reviews
Thats what Im wondering. I phoned the Stiebel Eltron recommended installer in Brisbane (Sunshine Solar), told them I had decided it was the product I wanted and had the cash to install it ... and they have never shown up.

Good

Germans and engineering, you cant beat them, They are innovative and this hot water heat pump is excellent, living in central Victoria, it does get cold but this does not worry the Stiebel Eltron heat pump at all. Overall very happy with this product, I would strongly recommend this unit.
I never run out of hot water, despite being told by a competitor the compressor was too small, and the heat pump would not recover. I have 4 children in the house, some shower morning and some evening. The machine is not overly noisy, although it can be heard.
if the machine were outside a bedroom, it could be noisy.

vivpat

vivpatRichmond-Tweed, NSW

OK

have had the wwk300a no booster element now for 5months and can tell the running costs for august september october .93 days supply 237kwhs on country energy off peak 1, 8.434c per kwh total for this was $19.99. Just dont want to be around in 15 years or so when it brakes down as they would be far more expensive to repair or replace then the old element one we replaced it with .vivpat.
saves money
still noisey (have learnt to live with it but dont put it next to your neighbours fence or worse still bedroom)

See all Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH reviews