Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A (page 4 of 5)

3.1

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

peterv52Sydney, NSW

pretty good

It has worked well although I've also experienced problems with the relief valve.It's been replaced twice,once under warranty, and is now fine. Apparently the original couldn't cope with mains pressure. It does run for a long time when it's cold but I still get two morning showers and the washing up done and it still doesn't turn on for some time.
All in all very happy.
Reliable,cheap to run,plenty of hot water
A bit noisy sometimes

peterv52

Just a quick word of advice to anyone with one of these units. It's strongly recommended that the sacrificial anode be replaced every five years to prevent internal corrosion.

peterv52

If you're concerned about the noise a baffle is available from the maker. It can be screwed on or attached with velcro strips.

lorna42
lorna42

The Product Maybe OK but the service is something else

stiebelc
stiebelc

if you want your neighbour not to talk to you for 3 years,install a heat pump

jimmyjack

jimmyjackAU

Great service all the way thru

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK300A compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Disappointing

Cold Showers

Have had my Stiebel for about 3 months. Worked very well on warmer days. Come winter running out of hot water very quickly, not on timer. Use rainwater so do not have long showers, 2 adults 2 children. Even 3 hrs after a a run of showers water is lukewarm. Would not have guests stay during the winter months, no one likes a cold shower on a cold night...

Runs out of Hot water

VicB

VicBWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unsurpassed after sales service - best in class on operating costs

Installed February 2010. Unit has the advantage of having 'user' replaceable sacrificial anode. Low power consumption and can be connected to Tarrif 33 for even grater savings. We had a problem with a charged gas leak in 2010 and the company was excellent in arranging to rectify the system with a fast response time to our issue-rectified by their efficient and friendly service agent.
Had another issue with a thermostat and they had a technician at our home within 1.5 hours of our call.

It is a great feeling to have confidence in superb back-up on a product you buy and Stiebel Eltron earn 5 stars from us for the exemplary after sales service.
Very energy efficient. Unsurpassed after sales back-up from this company!

kcm

kcmAU

So far - NOT so good! Very disappointed.

Runs long and loud

I installed a WWK300A in my garage and although I was told from Stiebel Eltron that it could be installed inside I have my doubts.
It runs for 10-12 hours a day at around 50dB. I have ordered the baffle but im not expecting a great difference.
If I could choose again I would go for gas HWS.

Big unit, loud, runs for half the day

OK

peteri

peteriAU

Happy except for P & T valve

Very efficient - reduced h/w electricity bill by approx. 60%
Initially had it on Off Peak 1 (I'm in Sydney)which only heats at night, but didn't cope so switched to Off Peak 2, which heats middle of day as well, and now does the job very well. Just have to pay a higher off peak tariff but well worth it compared to old element system I had.

Noise is not a problem, can't hardly hear it 10m away inside the house
Big savings in elecricity usage and bill. Cools garage in summer. (but makes it cold winter)
Pressure and Temperature (P&T) valve started dripping after approx. 14 months and the installer (PROFLO Sydney) won't cover under warranty. Wanted $280 to replace it. Stiebel Eltron did however send a free replacement valve to me..

feelingGreen

feelingGreenMelbourne

Good Decision!

Great Product and technology

When I first started looking into my options for hot water I came across the heat pump system and I thought it would be perfect as I can't get gas to my house and the fact that it uses just 2 amps(the same as my toaster) was a great selling point.
I had never heard of Stiebel Eltron before and after doing my research found that they are not only one of the biggest hot water companies in Europe but they are market leaders for heat pump technology.
This system has saved me money and although when it is cold it does run for longer than I expected it hasn't affected my electric bill.
I haven't had any problems with mine yet and all seems to be fine.
Reliable, very energy efficient

broken down..again.

We have ongoing problems with our unit. The first unit lasted just under two years before being rendered useless, although it took nearly a week to sort it out and get it replaced. (Try having no hot water with 3 kids and 2 adults for a week) After replacing the entire unit, the second one has now died only 8 months in. Very dissapointed as we were sold this unit under the promise of reliability over compeitors!

is not reliable!

Good

Terrible

Not suitable for urban environments: too noisy. Not suitable anywhere near any living spaces. If you can hide it behind a concrete wall then the efficiency might be worth it, but otherwise I would recommend against Stiebel.
Seems quite efficient... it has been cheaper to run, even when temperatures drop to near zero.
Very, very noisy. Unacceptably. As another reviewer mentioned, Stiebel have shrugged their shoulders and walked away: ours does the loud vibration and ringing as well. A friend has another brand which is whisper quiet... so this is not "normal". As a comparison, when standing beside our house's heat pump (which is 4 times as powerful) the Stiebel is 20m away and around a corner but is louder even at that distance.

1956morry

1956morryAU

Nothing but trouble - very disappointed.

lezlih
lezlih

$400 !!!! It cost me $4000 before rebates

colleenq

colleenq

Not Happy

We got our unit 2008 . We had trouble with water blowing out of fan in March and was told to remove a plug did that. In June kept running out of hot water told by the office that this was normal and they freeze up in cold weather .Had a new fan put in June not cheep still running out of hot water great it is not under warranty, how much this time

bad warranty service

Sunshine hot water installed this hot water heater today & i must say how easy the process was, did not have to pay a deposit, just paid after it was done & given the state & federal rebate forms to claim them back.
Not sure how last persons review could even reflect the experience i had. 10 out of 10 for product, service & price it took 5 hours from enquiry to being installed, hot water makes happy wife & kids
Excellent system installed by professional company make life easy when there are so many heat pumps out there

See all Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH reviews