Stiebel Eltron WWK300AH

Stiebel Eltron WWK300AH

Continuing problems

Purchased our heat pump water heater 4 years ago when converting house to solar, unit works great, continuous hot water at any time of day, however in the past 3 years we have had to replace the pressure valve 3 times, and now today 20/11/2018 it looks like it has gone again, has now come to the stage that we will replace it with a off peak model, very disappointing.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Failed after 8 Years Throw in the Bin

Purchased 3 Heat Pumps in July 2008. I have had them running on a timer and all connected together..One had been running on for the last 12 to 18 months did not realise it was out of gas had the pump checked. Gas has leaked out around the tank somewhere. Have been informed to buy another one. Not sure I will buy another Stiebel.
Not very cost effective.The Pumps only run from 6am till 11pm each day in Winter and 6am till 1pm and back on again from 3pm till 11pm in Summer. The heat pumps are set up to store and back up hot water for a gas fired Boiler all has worked well? With one pump not working have not noticed any change in running cost as we run solar.

January 21st 2018 Update: Second one has failed did not last 10 Years

I just noticed that another Heat Pump is no longer making hot water as I have three connected together.
The Pumps only run from 6am till 11pm each day in Winter and 6am till 1pm and back on again from 3pm till 11pm in Summer. The heat pumps are set up to store and back up hot water for a gas fired Boiler all has worked well? I have only one Heat Pump working now. I will have to look at other options other than Stiebel Eltron. Not Happy! I paid a lot of money for the three Heat Pumps in 2008 not very economical when you factor in the cost of the units.

Date PurchasedJul 2008

Fail just out of Warranty

Made the expensive move to a heat pump. Initially was happy, although the unit broke down at about the 18 month mark, warranty service just reset switch, without searching for tty h r reason. About 12 months after 5 year tank warranty ended, the unit failed completely (internal gas leak) Too expensive a purchase to only last 6 years.

Good performance but short life span for price.

Cost $3500 and lasted only 5 months past 5 year warranty. At the time of purchase the sales person claimed there was a 10 year replacement warranty, when it failed after 5.5 years, I contacted local supplier who denied he had said that. The 5yr warranty was confirmed by SE after I contacted them. I would never have paid so much for a product with a 5 yr warranty, considering normal hot water systems usually last much longer (we replaced a traditional unit that was 19 years old). After paying $200 to get it assessed by first a plumber and then a refrigeration technician I was told it was not worth repairing. The refrigeration technician contacted SE who offered to sell me another unit at a slightly lower cost than new. Is this their scheme? I feel that the product should have lasted longer for the price. I do feel a bit ripped off and very disappointed. It has also come at a time when we are unfortunately reduced to one income and cannot afford a new system. I am out to buy solar camping showers tomorrow.........

Hello Gabbi, Our National Service Manager would like to discuss your heat pump further with you. Could you please contact us on 1800 153 351.

engineering failure

I am not sure who designs builds and tests these things but after purchasing 3 units they have all failed. Way too noisy when they do work. I have had one unit replaced. a Condensor on another unit and the third unit has now failed twice. Feedback received by other owners confirms mine is not an unusual experience.
energy efficient
Too Noisy

Hello Robbie, Thank you for taking the time to review the Stiebel Eltron WWK 300AH hot water heat pump. We would like to hear more about the concerns you have with your heat pump. Stiebel Eltron is committed to manufacturing high quality products so instances where our customers have concerns with our product it is of the utmost importance to us. If you would kindly call us on 1800 153 351 our National Service Manager would like to discuss your concerns about this heat pump.

Does not last long. On to the second unit in 3 years and it is starting to fail.

Bought one of these to cut down on power bills. The first unit was delivered and installed OK, power consumption was light initially. After 18 months the power use gradually rose and the unit failed at two years. After inspection (the refrigerant charge had leaked) and Stiebel replaced the heater. Now the second heater is going the same way as the first, power use is rising, triple what it was a few months ago.

Refrigerant charge leaks.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Stiebel Eltron WWK 300AH Hot Water Heat Pump. Stiebel Eltron is committed to manufacturing high quality water heating products and we are keen to find out more about your concerns that you have mentioned here. If you would kindly contact our Customer Service Department on 1800 153 351, we would like to ascertain what is occurring with your heat pump.I have seen these water heaters installed internally and externally. I have only ever installed them, I have never had reason to service them. In my 20 years in the industry I say they're a good heater. Finally I have dealt with the sales team in Sydney many times and you would not find a more professional outfit.

After some communication hurdles, i have to say the Customer Service from Stiebel Eltron was excellent. Thanks to Simon Weatherburn and his team I had my problem resolved within 3 Days. I have a WWK 300 AH Solar hot water system that worked well providing our family with lots of Solar heated hot water. We had a hiccup & Simon and his team were quick to respond and i am one happy customer. I recommend Stiebel Eltron Solar Hot Water to all.
Lots of hot water and low running cost.

See all Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH reviews

Hi I have WWK 300 A Heat pump system was working good until last week ( during hot weather) stopped! no hot water any more? If I can do something to get it run again? like reset bottom or any thing you can help me with?
Hi Tim, We need to find out more information about your heat pump to help work out what could be happening. Can you please call our customer service number on 1800 153 351. Thanks.

I installed the WWK 300 AH unit 3 months ago and it has started to leak refrigerant. It seems to leak more when there is a higher hot water demand. What is the problem and what should I do?
Hello Peter, From what you have described it doesn't sound like it is refrigerant as you would not have any hot water production. Can you please call our Customer Service Centre on 1800 153 351 so we can ascertain exactly what may be occurring. Thanks.

Compare all Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH