Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH (page 3 of 5)

WWK300A, WWK300AH

3.1

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Stay away from this rubbish product

We are now on our THIRD unit in 4 years and the latest one failed after 2 days!!!!!!!. Sure the power savings are notable but each unit has failed at about this time of year when it's winter, suppose to be designed for European winters??? and we are in Australia.The company initially were difficult to deal with but I must say they replaced the latest unit quickly, just a pity that it has failed after 2 days....Luckily it is covered by warranty but that does not help a family of 5 when we have no hot water for the next few days in the dead of winter..
Power savings
Keep failing once weather gets cold

alex toobrisbane

Kinda OK

Had it installed two and a half years ago. It failed ones, thankfully when it was still on warranty and fixed free of charge. Saves us a little on power bills, but won’t make it up for the price in a lifetime. Produces a trickle of warmish water (40C at the bathroom tap). I've spent a good part of my life researching online if the output and the temperature can be adjusted with no result so far. The manufacturer's web site contact form is good if you like receiving "Please feel free to contact Stiebel as soon as possible on 1800 153 351 to discuss your concerns" emails.

alex too

Thank you for your reply STIEE.
I already kindly contacted you directly on the phone a few times before.
I just wish your department could gather enough resources to hire someone who is able to read and write emails.

PluckaDuck

PluckaDuckBrisbane

Beware noise

Dave
Dave

I totally agree, the noise is ridiculous.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Noise Level is driving me nuts.

I have had my Heat Pump for approx.10 months. I am finding my service is very efficient, although it runs for a considerable time when reheating, which is the only draw back for me as I have it installed where the original gas heater was and that is close to all the living areas including the main bedroom, although it is outside it is under a verandah which extenuates the operating noise. I have had to have a timer installed to make sure it doesn't run during the night.
energy efficient

Three years with the Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith

izzy10

Does not live up to its promise

Our Stiebel Eltron heat pump is just over two years old and the pressure valve has failed. I am not sure how much this is going to cost us and how much water has leaked out of the unit over the last few days but I am sure its not going to be cheap! Very disappointed as the product was sold as the most reliable on the market however its obviously not. Of course this will not be covered under warranty because it is just outside the two year mark!!!!
Did reduce electricity costs
Limited warranty, not suitable for Australian climate, does not seem to handle extremes in temperature.

izzy10

Still not happy with noise level but will wait and see if replacement valve helps and if not discuss further with Stiebel.

KenBG

KenBGTownsville

Oily residue

We had installed a Stiebel heat pump water heater in Northern Qld last year. We placed fly screen around top to stop insects and geckos etc getting into the works. I have noticed however an oily residue around the base of the unit. Mostly around the front left foot. Any clue what this may be?
Efficient. Cost saving.
Oil residue at base. Installers dented unit.

Qld

QldAU

No good for Australian conditions

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

We 'inherited' this heat pump when we bought our house. It broke, but cannot fault the service, still under warranty and all done and back on track after 2 days. My only comment would be tgat after only 3 years it is dissappointing that there was a problem in the first place. Well done stiebel.

our is super

love it love it love it, family of 6 including 2 adults 2 teen and 2 little ones. went from 9kwh usuage put in the steibel and down to 2kwh. hums for 2hours then that is it, it is a dream hotwater. never cold regardless off winter or summer. It stand tall and proud in my backyard
energy efficient, quiet, good looking and great company i bought from
nothing

Luke warm water and service

Luke warm
Luke warm

I'll call you today

troopiesue
troopiesue

Luke Warm, what was the outcome, I am just considering one of these heat pumps

Does not last long. On to the second unit in 3 years and it is starting to fail.

Bought one of these to cut down on power bills. The first unit was delivered and installed OK, power consumption was light initially. After 18 months the power use gradually rose and the unit failed at two years. After inspection (the refrigerant charge had leaked) and Stiebel replaced the heater. Now the second heater is going the same way as the first, power use is rising, triple what it was a few months ago.

Refrigerant charge leaks.

Super Ash
Super Ash

Dont Buy a Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump

Trial Bay
Trial Bay
Geoffrey67
Geoffrey67

Hello Stiebel can yopu help me my e mail gtbbkk@yahoo.com

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Unbeatable after sales service A1!

I have had my heat pump for twelve months and I am very happy . My electricity consumption has gone down considerable. It is a bit noisy, due to the position of install, but since having a noise reduction cover put on to it, I would say the noise level has gone down by 50%. Further more I found Stiebel's service is second to none. On two occasions I contacted the company and within 24hrs I was contacted and on both occasions I had a technician within 24hrs fixing the problem. There aren't to many places about where one gets that kind of service.
Energy efficient & saves money on power bills

Titan64

Titan64South East Queensland, QLD

Lives up to all that was promised

I have had the Stiebel Eltron now for nearly 12 months. My electricity bill as reduced quite significantly. I have a had no problems with the Steibel whatsoever. No noise issue either. My electricity bills are down and so is my green house gas emissions. Very happy with this hot water system.
reliable, inexpensive, energy efficient

Well worth it!!

lorna42

Well im not sure about saving power as when my stiebel eltron is not working i have to boil the jug.

lotus7

lotus7Sydney, NSW

Living with Stiebel Eltron for 3 years

netas09
netas09
lotto66
lotto66
lorna42

A brilliantly simple solution for heating water. The installation is easy and fast. I am astounded at the low power consumption compared to electric element conventional hot water heaters.
It hardly uses any power !
Nothing. It works exactly as expected.

See all Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH reviews