Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH (page 3 of 5)

WWK300A and WWK300AH

See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PluckaDuck

PluckaDuckBrisbane

Beware noise

Dave
Dave

I totally agree, the noise is ridiculous.

Noise Level is driving me nuts.

I have had my Heat Pump for approx.10 months. I am finding my service is very efficient, although it runs for a considerable time when reheating, which is the only draw back for me as I have it installed where the original gas heater was and that is close to all the living areas including the main bedroom, although it is outside it is under a verandah which extenuates the operating noise. I have had to have a timer installed to make sure it doesn't run during the night.
energy efficient

Three years with the Stiebel Eltron WWK300A

Elizabeth Smith
Elizabeth Smith

izzy10

Does not live up to its promise

Our Stiebel Eltron heat pump is just over two years old and the pressure valve has failed. I am not sure how much this is going to cost us and how much water has leaked out of the unit over the last few days but I am sure its not going to be cheap! Very disappointed as the product was sold as the most reliable on the market however its obviously not. Of course this will not be covered under warranty because it is just outside the two year mark!!!!
Did reduce electricity costs
Limited warranty, not suitable for Australian climate, does not seem to handle extremes in temperature.

izzy10

Still not happy with noise level but will wait and see if replacement valve helps and if not discuss further with Stiebel.

KenBG

KenBGTownsville

Oily residue

We had installed a Stiebel heat pump water heater in Northern Qld last year. We placed fly screen around top to stop insects and geckos etc getting into the works. I have noticed however an oily residue around the base of the unit. Mostly around the front left foot. Any clue what this may be?
Efficient. Cost saving.
Oil residue at base. Installers dented unit.

Qld

QldAU

No good for Australian conditions

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

We 'inherited' this heat pump when we bought our house. It broke, but cannot fault the service, still under warranty and all done and back on track after 2 days. My only comment would be tgat after only 3 years it is dissappointing that there was a problem in the first place. Well done stiebel.

our is super

love it love it love it, family of 6 including 2 adults 2 teen and 2 little ones. went from 9kwh usuage put in the steibel and down to 2kwh. hums for 2hours then that is it, it is a dream hotwater. never cold regardless off winter or summer. It stand tall and proud in my backyard
energy efficient, quiet, good looking and great company i bought from
nothing

Luke warm water and service

Luke warm
Luke warm

I'll call you today

troopiesue
troopiesue

Luke Warm, what was the outcome, I am just considering one of these heat pumps

Does not last long. On to the second unit in 3 years and it is starting to fail.

Bought one of these to cut down on power bills. The first unit was delivered and installed OK, power consumption was light initially. After 18 months the power use gradually rose and the unit failed at two years. After inspection (the refrigerant charge had leaked) and Stiebel replaced the heater. Now the second heater is going the same way as the first, power use is rising, triple what it was a few months ago.

Refrigerant charge leaks.

Super Ash
Super Ash

Dont Buy a Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump

Trial Bay
Trial Bay
Geoffrey67
Geoffrey67

Hello Stiebel can yopu help me my e mail gtbbkk@yahoo.com

Unbeatable after sales service A1!

I have had my heat pump for twelve months and I am very happy . My electricity consumption has gone down considerable. It is a bit noisy, due to the position of install, but since having a noise reduction cover put on to it, I would say the noise level has gone down by 50%. Further more I found Stiebel's service is second to none. On two occasions I contacted the company and within 24hrs I was contacted and on both occasions I had a technician within 24hrs fixing the problem. There aren't to many places about where one gets that kind of service.
Energy efficient & saves money on power bills

Titan64

Titan64South East Queensland, QLD

Lives up to all that was promised

I have had the Stiebel Eltron now for nearly 12 months. My electricity bill as reduced quite significantly. I have a had no problems with the Steibel whatsoever. No noise issue either. My electricity bills are down and so is my green house gas emissions. Very happy with this hot water system.
reliable, inexpensive, energy efficient

Well worth it!!

lorna42

Well im not sure about saving power as when my stiebel eltron is not working i have to boil the jug.

lotus7

lotus7Sydney, NSW

Living with Stiebel Eltron for 3 years

netas09
netas09
lotto66
lotto66
lorna42

A brilliantly simple solution for heating water. The installation is easy and fast. I am astounded at the low power consumption compared to electric element conventional hot water heaters.
It hardly uses any power !
Nothing. It works exactly as expected.

Very well constructed unit, cheap to run, efficient and does what it says it will do. Plenty of hot water for family of 4 in Hobart's winter.The unit runs quieter than the reverse cycle air-conditioner near it. I positioned it away from bedrooms etc, so noise it not a factor as I had been warned where to place the unit. My decision to purchase this unit was influenced by the previous product reviews as well as counting on German engineering and European standards on energy consumption to be higher than current Australian requirements. It also was cheaper to purchase than other models which were not as efficient.
Efficient, energy saving, well designed.
Nothing really.

Simon N.

Simon N.asked

WWK300A

Is it true that STIEBL ELTRON heat pump hot water system need direct electricity form Switch,
Board and normal electrical plug is inadequate.

Simon N.

Simon N.asked

WWK300A

Is is true the STIEBL ELTRON heat pump hot water system need a Special electrical Switch,
Board.

John
John

Has to be a dedicated feed from the switchboard i.e. cannot share a feed with a power point or other service.

Stiebel E.Stiebel Eltron

John's response is correct. We'd like to add that the breaker size required for the standard models is 10A (WWK 222 / WWK302), and 16A for the element models (WWK 222H / WWK302H). Feel free to call us on 1800 153 351 if we can assist with anything else.

Norm

Normasked

Hello we have had our WWK300AH for going on 5 years, in this time we have had no real problems with pump, except for external fittings.
However our pump has not turned off for over 2 weeks now, I have contacted our plumber and he has advised us that he thinks it is a sensor, and would need to be replace fix by a a/c mechanic.
Could you enlighten me as to is this a easy fix and do the parts exist,
We are happy with our system and would like to keep it.
hope to hear back from you soon
cheers