Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH

Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH (page 4 of 5)

WWK300A, WWK300AH

3.1

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

A brilliantly simple solution for heating water. The installation is easy and fast. I am astounded at the low power consumption compared to electric element conventional hot water heaters.
It hardly uses any power !
Nothing. It works exactly as expected.

Very well constructed unit, cheap to run, efficient and does what it says it will do. Plenty of hot water for family of 4 in Hobart's winter.The unit runs quieter than the reverse cycle air-conditioner near it. I positioned it away from bedrooms etc, so noise it not a factor as I had been warned where to place the unit. My decision to purchase this unit was influenced by the previous product reviews as well as counting on German engineering and European standards on energy consumption to be higher than current Australian requirements. It also was cheaper to purchase than other models which were not as efficient.
Efficient, energy saving, well designed.
Nothing really.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Stiebel Eltron WWK300A / WWK300AH compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Love the product, quiet and never hear it. Installed on off peak tariff and never run out of hot water with my family of 5ea, only cost me $9.00 per month for hot water. Have had it installed now for 3 years and never had a problem, another great product from Stiebel. :)
German manufactured, saved me 2/3 on my electricity bill, installed indoor in my laundry, never run out of water.

kathy111

kathy111

Jenny2012
Jenny2012

I was wondering whether you are still as happy with your system 18 months later. We are in the market for a new system and Stiebel is our favoured product at the moment, however it would be good to know how it is going after a bit of usage. Thanks.

FrustratedBuyer

FrustratedBuyer

Terrible

I have called Sunshine Solar twice now. Why are the Stiebel recommended intallers balking at selling/putting in their product?
Gets great reviews
Thats what Im wondering. I phoned the Stiebel Eltron recommended installer in Brisbane (Sunshine Solar), told them I had decided it was the product I wanted and had the cash to install it ... and they have never shown up.

Good

Germans and engineering, you cant beat them, They are innovative and this hot water heat pump is excellent, living in central Victoria, it does get cold but this does not worry the Stiebel Eltron heat pump at all. Overall very happy with this product, I would strongly recommend this unit.
I never run out of hot water, despite being told by a competitor the compressor was too small, and the heat pump would not recover. I have 4 children in the house, some shower morning and some evening. The machine is not overly noisy, although it can be heard.
if the machine were outside a bedroom, it could be noisy.

vivpat

vivpatRichmond-Tweed, NSW

OK

have had the wwk300a no booster element now for 5months and can tell the running costs for august september october .93 days supply 237kwhs on country energy off peak 1, 8.434c per kwh total for this was $19.99. Just dont want to be around in 15 years or so when it brakes down as they would be far more expensive to repair or replace then the old element one we replaced it with .vivpat.
saves money
still noisey (have learnt to live with it but dont put it next to your neighbours fence or worse still bedroom)

peterv52Sydney, NSW

pretty good

It has worked well although I've also experienced problems with the relief valve.It's been replaced twice,once under warranty, and is now fine. Apparently the original couldn't cope with mains pressure. It does run for a long time when it's cold but I still get two morning showers and the washing up done and it still doesn't turn on for some time.
All in all very happy.
Reliable,cheap to run,plenty of hot water
A bit noisy sometimes

peterv52

Just a quick word of advice to anyone with one of these units. It's strongly recommended that the sacrificial anode be replaced every five years to prevent internal corrosion.

peterv52

If you're concerned about the noise a baffle is available from the maker. It can be screwed on or attached with velcro strips.

lorna42
lorna42

The Product Maybe OK but the service is something else

stiebelc
stiebelc

if you want your neighbour not to talk to you for 3 years,install a heat pump

jimmyjack

jimmyjackAU

Great service all the way thru

Disappointing

Cold Showers

Have had my Stiebel for about 3 months. Worked very well on warmer days. Come winter running out of hot water very quickly, not on timer. Use rainwater so do not have long showers, 2 adults 2 children. Even 3 hrs after a a run of showers water is lukewarm. Would not have guests stay during the winter months, no one likes a cold shower on a cold night...

Runs out of Hot water

VicB

VicBWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unsurpassed after sales service - best in class on operating costs

Installed February 2010. Unit has the advantage of having 'user' replaceable sacrificial anode. Low power consumption and can be connected to Tarrif 33 for even grater savings. We had a problem with a charged gas leak in 2010 and the company was excellent in arranging to rectify the system with a fast response time to our issue-rectified by their efficient and friendly service agent.
Had another issue with a thermostat and they had a technician at our home within 1.5 hours of our call.

It is a great feeling to have confidence in superb back-up on a product you buy and Stiebel Eltron earn 5 stars from us for the exemplary after sales service.
Very energy efficient. Unsurpassed after sales back-up from this company!

kcm

kcmAU

So far - NOT so good! Very disappointed.

Runs long and loud

I installed a WWK300A in my garage and although I was told from Stiebel Eltron that it could be installed inside I have my doubts.
It runs for 10-12 hours a day at around 50dB. I have ordered the baffle but im not expecting a great difference.
If I could choose again I would go for gas HWS.

Big unit, loud, runs for half the day

OK

peteri

peteriAU

Happy except for P & T valve

Very efficient - reduced h/w electricity bill by approx. 60%
Initially had it on Off Peak 1 (I'm in Sydney)which only heats at night, but didn't cope so switched to Off Peak 2, which heats middle of day as well, and now does the job very well. Just have to pay a higher off peak tariff but well worth it compared to old element system I had.

Noise is not a problem, can't hardly hear it 10m away inside the house
Big savings in elecricity usage and bill. Cools garage in summer. (but makes it cold winter)
Pressure and Temperature (P&T) valve started dripping after approx. 14 months and the installer (PROFLO Sydney) won't cover under warranty. Wanted $280 to replace it. Stiebel Eltron did however send a free replacement valve to me..

feelingGreen

feelingGreenMelbourne

Good Decision!

Great Product and technology

When I first started looking into my options for hot water I came across the heat pump system and I thought it would be perfect as I can't get gas to my house and the fact that it uses just 2 amps(the same as my toaster) was a great selling point.
I had never heard of Stiebel Eltron before and after doing my research found that they are not only one of the biggest hot water companies in Europe but they are market leaders for heat pump technology.
This system has saved me money and although when it is cold it does run for longer than I expected it hasn't affected my electric bill.
I haven't had any problems with mine yet and all seems to be fine.
Reliable, very energy efficient